Do you repeat yourself often? | INFJ Forum

Do you repeat yourself often?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
I do this quite a bit. I'll explain the same point in many ways without adding much to the previous explanation. And i know it can be annoying. Even in my posts, i tend to repeat the same points or ideas, too many times to count.

So, i'm curious, does anyone else do this?

Ya some one told me that the other day. But I have too admit it is true. And if you don't get out much your bound to repeat yourself. The guy who said told me is always the same too though. So we are even I guess. I think everyone does it though.

Yes, very frequently.

Sometimes without really wanting too, I just feel that at times people do not understand what I am trying to say. That my explanation might be vague or difficult to grasp so I start extending my responses more then I intend.

It can be quite annoying.

I agree Raccoon I feel the same way. It's why I can't have a conversation with most people. But when I am with some one who thinks like I do. Our thoughts complete themselves and the conversation is very lively. I miss knowing a person like that. It is what makes one feel, alone.

No, not really.

But I do repeat myself many times in my head before I say something out loud. I don't know if that counts.

I try not to, but I guess I do, for the same reasons everyone already listed. My mom is an INFJ too and she does it constantly!!! And she does it more and more the older she gets!!!

I do:

I am either
1. Dissatisfied that I have adequately communicated myself or my concepts.
2. Doubtful as to whether others have grasped what I was saying.

oh ya, i have a similar problem in art - when i don't constantly strive for new techniques and compositions and poses, i end up repeating the same ones over and over. it does get annoying! but hey, it's not like we're the only ones who repeat ourselves :)

Yes, very frequently.

Sometimes without really wanting too, I just feel that at times people do not understand what I am trying to say. That my explanation might be vague or difficult to grasp so I start extending my responses more then I intend.

It can be quite annoying.

I do:

I am either
1. Dissatisfied that I have adequately communicated myself or my concepts.
2. Doubtful as to whether others have grasped what I was saying.

Yeah, this is the reason.

It depends how much I care about what I'm discussing and whom I am speaking to.

Usually, I refuse to repeat myself.
I find it frustrating trying to explain myself to people who cannot seem to grasp the concept of what I'm saying in the simplest of mannerisms in which I know how to communicate.
If I truly care for the person I find myself trying to show them rather than expressing through words if they don't comprehend the first time around.
I don't repeat myself unless someone doesn't understand.

yeah ALWAYS :) :))

Sometimes, but it's usually my fault. I'll take the trouble to think over an idea a few times to make sure it makes sense before saying it, but then I speak with such a low volume that it's hard to hear.

I don't like repeating myself. To extract my thoughts from my mind then express them into words is not a straightforward process...I am often reluctant to go through it all over again.

:m093:

Sometimes. But that's because I either forgot I told someone the story already (I have my scatter-brained moments) or I got interrupted half-way or I'm not sure I was heard right the first time.

A friend of mine pointed out that when I am arguing, my arguments tend to go around in circles.

It's as if I myself am trying to figure out exactly what I am trying to say, but I am doing so out loud.

It's like having you're Ni put on speaker. lol

Naw, I don't repeat myself.

I really don't feel any need to repeat myself.

I get pissed at people that repeat themselves.

I am glad I am not one of those people who repeat themselves!

Reactions: Gaze
Sometimes when I read books it seems like the author just repeats what they were saying in different ways, which I had mentioned before they do because they can't get any sort of immediate feedback/response from the reader, so they present the concepts in at least a couple different ways just to hopefully get the majority understanding. Still, if you understand on the first part, it is frustrating to have to read through the rest.

It was kind of like that in school too.

As for a truthful answer, yea I repeat myself, I can never remember what I tell to who. That is probably why I try to be honest, cause I couldn't keep track of a lie to save my life. I can't even keep track of the truth!

WTF was I even talking about?