Do You Look Younger Or Older Than Your Age? | INFJ Forum

Do You Look Younger Or Older Than Your Age?

Younger I think. People are always surprised when they find out I'm in my 30s. They say I look younger. However as a child, I always looked older. I got into the bars at 16.

that really depends on how I feel.

Older. I'm only a couple years above the legal drinking age here, but I seldom get carded.

Since I shaved off my beard and went only mustache I've been told I look younger. The outlook helps too. Can't tell by the avatar tho' it's an old picture.:m096:

I've been told younger, by about 8 years.
I sometimes wonder how much younger it would be had I never smoked, or been such a party animal.

Younger -- but how young depends on who you ask.

Depending on the day I've heard anything from 15-20, but I'm usually mistaken for a teen (I'm 24) I dont mind too much, but I find it annoying when people think in 15-17.

I think I look my age. People usually guess within a couple years of the right one.

Younger. I have had a police officer in a gas station accuse me of using a fake id when I went to buy cigarettes last year. I have had a social worker at a client meeting look at me aghast when I introduced myself to her and she said, "you look like you could be 15!" (Errr I am closer to 30.) Good thing the client wasn't there yet and it was just us, because what a silly, unprofessional thing to do. I felt like she didn't take me seriously at first because of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: the
Older. Then again, I'm at that part in my life where that'll happen. I'm also freakishly tall, which probably contributes a bit.

I used to look older, recently people have guessed that I was younger.

I look younger, I get anywhere from 18 to 23 usually. I'm 28. Females my age won't give me the time of day because they think I'm younger.

People usually think I'm 24ish. I'll be 29 in a month.

Most think I'm younger b/c I don't act my age. :D By looks alone, I think I look my age and I love my age. :)

I am usually told I look younger by about 5 years, but recently, when I ask out of curiousity how old I look, most pretty much guess my age. Someone said, the youngest they would guess is 33, the oldest 38. The 38 was a little surprising since I was always told I look younger. I've had people around my age and even younger talk to me as if they're old enough to be big sister or mother figure to me because they assume they're older. On the other hand, I've met women my age or just a few years older who seem 10 or 15 years older than I do, because of their experience and maturity. In other words, it really comes down to demeanor.

It's really less about actual age than how old someone seems. People often forget that personality, not only age or experience plays a role. People's life experiences will shape their personalities in quite unique ways.
[MENTION=1593]pipsqueaka[/MENTION] I agree, depending on how someone speaks or the tone they use, they can be seen and treated as younger or older. I have a soft tone of voice, and don't speak loudly unless I'm annoyed or angry. People think I'm younger and less experienced because of it. They also see it as a sign of less confidence, or being insecure or less self assured. Because mature adults should always appear assertive know it alls, who see all and know all, and have everything figured out without thinking through anything. *rolls eyes childishly*

Last edited:
Older, to my benefit and detriment.

Apparently I don't look any particular age. When people are guessing other's ages they have said that I look as though I could be either 25, or 45. I'm 33.

When I was younger, people often pegged me 5-10 years older than I was. Now, people get surprised when I tell them I'm 21. I actually got accused of skipping school at the mall before.