Do you identify with your nationality? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do you identify with your nationality?

Yeah, somewhat... Finns are quite quiet, introvert and not talk a lot (no small talk here, people don't like it). People appreciate their own personal space a lot. So this country is kind of paradise for introverts. :D But sometimes I feel like people might be a little bit ''cold'' here or there isn't really feeling of community where people help each other. That's how I feel like... :/ People don't really talk to you if they don't know you personally. Even normal things as ''hello'', ''thank you'' and ''welcome'' feel hard for people to say. Of course I'm only generalizing, ahah. Every country has their good and bad sides.

Reactions: Enkidu
Yeah, somewhat... Finns are quite quiet, introvert and not talk a lot (no small talk here, people don't like it). People appreciate their own personal space a lot. So this country is kind of paradise for introverts. :D But sometimes I feel like people might be a little bit ''cold'' here or there isn't really feeling of community where people help each other. That's how I feel like... :/ People don't really talk to you if they don't know you personally. Even normal things as ''hello'', ''thank you'' and ''welcome'' feel hard for people to say. Of course I'm only generalizing, ahah. Every country has their good and bad sides.

I think Sweden and Finland are quite the same, so I agree with your respons.

I cant imagine myself being anything but Haitian. Our history defines us not as individuals but as a people. I appreciate how acceptance and loyalty is a big part of our culture (from what I seen). The Dominican culture I can never identify with.

I'd identify with Britain a lot more if it were a Republic with a secular Constitution.

My nationality is American, yet I am the daughter of immigrants. I consider myself American through and through, but I have embraced little things about my ethnicity that are decidedly South American and European. I guess that happens when when you add culture into the mix. :w:

Reactions: Eventhorizon
I wouldn't like to be another nationality but I also don't identify with mine. This is hard to explain and also hard to understand, I guess. But like there are non-binary people(who can't identify as any gender), I am a non-nationality person( don't know if there is a name for it) . I was born somewhere (no names) and I moved to anther country but none of both I can call home and I feel proud or anything about being from there. For me, the place where I was born is just a place and nothing more. I still try to find If I will feel somewhere home but I don't think so.

Yup. Absolutely. Not perfect but the greatest force for good the world has ever known.

We're all from different parts of the world and so i'm curious, do you feel connected to your nationality or nation's identity? Or do you feel as if it doesn't quite fit you?

Which national or cultural aspects do you relate to and which ones seem at odds with who you are?
no, I'm afraid. Never was, never been.
Some parts of me -are- Indonesian / Asian but not all

I used to think I fit American / Canadian culture but upon some closer observation, I...don't think I do either, so.

Just me alone, I guess.

Reactions: Bellosome and Gaze
We're all from different parts of the world and so i'm curious, do you feel connected to your nationality or nation's identity? Or do you feel as if it doesn't quite fit you?

Which national or cultural aspects do you relate to and which ones seem at odds with who you are?

I'm a Filipina. but im mixed parts (spanish, chinese)no, I don't think i fit here. Some maybe, but mostly no.

I'm not familiar with other cultures. i'm very familiar with Canadian though, and mostly can relate to them.

Reactions: Gaze
No, not particularly. I was raised in the US in a small, tight-knit WWII-era diaspora group that was pretty gung-ho about ethnic preservation. Once I left for college, my involvement faded to nothing and my first language has gotten rusty with lack of use. I have Midwestern/West Coast values and a funny, ethnic-sounding name and mostly relate to my US identity