Do you feel less or more attractive with age? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Do you feel less or more attractive with age?

giphy.gif

Do you feel you gain or lose any sense of feeling attractive to others as you get older? Do you think your sense of self today compared to earlier in your life makes you feel differently about level of attractiveness or appeal to others? Do you see a change in how others respond to you as a potential interest as you get older?

I am fortunate in that I've been attractive most of my life. I was blessed genetically and can not complain. I got married young (21) had kids, settled down, and then gained weight. Got fat (for me), happy, and dumb, stopped trying to be attractive because it really didn't seem to matter.

After a long marriage (18 years) I got divorced and found myself trying to find my confidence in attracting others. Fortunately, I had been working out at the company I was working for and had a foundation to start from.

My hair had been thinning, which is hard on men so I found myself wanting to shave it off completely. This is a hard step to take, but shortly after, my daughter had a brain aneurysm (burst) and while in the hospital, she had to have her head shaved during surgery. She was mortified (at 15), so I shaved it to make her feel connected and less alone. I also decided at that time to let my beard grow until she was out and healthy. This took well over a month and the transformation of who I was seemed to be so dramatic that I didn't even recognize myself.

I had continued working out the entire time she was in the ICU and after all of that she and I were completely different people (both physically and emotionally).

I caught much younger woman sneaking looks at me at the gym and I knew that I was gaining attraction.

Since then I've had a couple GFs that have told me how the love the light wrinkles in my eyes and the light amounts of facial hair I have.

I don't place attractiveness at the top of my attributes when looking at SO's. To me a connection with someone is far more important. As an INFJ man, it is hard to find someone special where the connection goes both ways. To me, being loved and being understood is paramount and the attractiveness is generally more aligned with health than beauty.

So, in summary, I feel equally attractive as I did when I was young but in a much different way. I wouldn't really try to compare the two as it is so different for me just as much as it is for a different generation and age of woman who look.

I feel more attractive as I age! With every passing year, I have a lower bar to meet.

When I'm 80, my silk nightgowns will be the talk of the halls.

Do you feel you gain or lose any sense of feeling attractive to others as you get older? Do you think your sense of self today compared to earlier in your life makes you feel differently about level of attractiveness or appeal to others? Do you see a change in how others respond to you as a potential interest as you get older?

I'm still young but I've always (almost) felt like nothing compared to other girls. I started to not think about it and just live and now I feel beautiful, attractive and apparently other people feel this too because I also get more attention.
Strange how life goes. You just want somebody to see you but they just don't care. As soon as you start feeling yourself and don't care anymore they appear feeling attracted by you...

Reactions: Gaze
I'm still young, only 24 years old but I'm not really sure about own attractiveness. I feel a little bit more attractive now than when I was younger. It's a self-esteem issue. The more older I get, the more confident I feel in own skin. I still don't find myself beautiful, but it takes time to heal from past full of mental violence.

Shortly, feeling more attractive with age.