Do you feel less or more attractive with age? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you feel less or more attractive with age?

For me, it all depends on what kind of person I want to attract. Personally, I like those who are emotionally stable, financially stable, healthy, and looking for something long term instead of a short term fling. In this sense, I feel I'm more attractive as I'm getting older and gaining maturity and experience. In terms of looks...well...let's just say that it's all downhill from now on. Even then, I wouldn't want someone who wanted me for my looks alone anyway.

I am not an INFJ and thus no one probably wants to know and I can not really give a conventional and appropriate.

The older I get I feel constantly at odds with my age and confused as to how I should be and act like specifically as I have always seemingly I felt, been somewhat at odds with the expectations on how I should be in regards to my age. I don't mean in a sense of falling short either, just not really hitting the right mile stones or certain benchmarks and experiences or achievement all at the right time or in sync with everyone else around me or that I've known and generally sort of just always gone my own path, either by choice or simply chance or some fluke. I guess it's because I've never really felt comfortable just following, so when I try to relate or gauge things in terms of age, it feels strange to me "what, my chronological date/time?" and I kind of resent the whole notion, even though I know it's completely weird and socially unacceptable to do so; but seriously, age? what is that...like we all have expirey dates or something, I hate that.

In some ways, I liked the way I looked when I was younger, and not I am starting to become more masculine looking where as before I was somewhat androgynous and very youthful looking, I now look more like a man, which is okay I guess, but I've never wanted to look too much like a macho man-kind of thing. But I just feel really, really, strange because again I don't feel like I fit the expectations of my age, I still get carded and mistaken almost for being close to a teenager (but again, it's mostly how I am, my personality I think, though I try to appear "normal", it doesn't work very well. But I guess it's just hard for me to act that way for some reason, I am not good at it. ) and in other ways I still feel really young, where as I see other people my age and I don't feel the same age even though chronologically perhaps we are.
It conjures up feelings of how transexuals I think must feel at times, because I like being the way I am and it feels naturally, but I know it falls really short of societal standards because I am so casual and laid back that it makes me feel really weird at times. At times I just feel unburdened, and like everything is still new and exciting, but ashamed of this.

Likewise though, I can get along well with women who are a couple of years younger then me and it actually feels normal or we don't feel that different, so I don't even know how to define age. I am not in my 30s yet though, so I guess that's still fairly young but again it's hard to say for certain or define.

I guess if anything, I would be considered more attractive because I have better social skills and adequate understanding of the world where as before I was completely messed up and did not understand it at all. But I attract lots of women who I think would have no interest in me what so ever if they really got to know me and again, I've always been this weird bohemian free-spirit person who does not care about material things or money (outright) that much, so a lot of people just think I'm a giant weirdo. For a long time I liked to just read books and I was very minimalist with everything bu everyone hated me because I live in typical good 'ol North America and it's so anti-culture here, so yeah. I attract women who are a few years younger then me a lot and I feel more comfortable around them sort of, women my age again, just way too serious and burdened with all of this stuff, so like, no thankz. But then, when I was only 19-21, I still looked like a teenager, wherein I see lots of people that age who seem like full on serious adults already so *shrugs*

Last edited:
I wanted to give an example though: I hooked up with these women who were only 20 (I did not know there ages at first) and honestly, I didn't like there was a huge age gap at all or something, but I am fairly healthy so I have no idea if that's normal or not, a lot of men date women younger then them obviously, I used to like women older then me before though, now I guess it's sort of the opposite. I guess that's the weird thing I just don't feel my age at all and it's always been that way, I seem to age way slower then everyone else around me. It's fair to say that in some ways I am probably stunted in some ways, but I have been socially ostracized for much of my life i suppose, I think partially due to having such terrible parents so it's just all the while more awkward but I can't say to most people "oh I had terrible parents, so I'm a special case all around" Actually one of them might have been 19 and a half : O

I just feel really young still, and it gives off that impression to others sometimes but it can be really irksome. (My avatar and sig are not that indicative of my mentality, as they are actually just kind of half-serious jokes and I think they are cute/funny) and then there was this one woman who was 23 and she was just so serious and the way some people carry themselves and go around it's like "I AM AN ADULT, I AM SO SERIOUS" I cannot explain it, I just don't relate or feel that way. I can be serious but I just can't seem normal like that, I think it must be a genetic/temperament thing.

Last edited:
I have felt social stigma as a woman as I enter my late twenties. Even from my Dad (I corrected him over the dinner table haha). There's this unspoken expectation I find to bring value to society through being bubbly and physically attractive. Although these things do help socially in some ways, I think that recognizing true beauty/value in a person is much more important (i.e. character).

Hm, I think mentally I would say more attractive. I care a lot less about what people think about me. I've matured and come to terms with a lot of my demons and past trauma. I've grown to like who I am.

Physically, well that's an oddly difficult question for me to answer. I'm somewhat faceblind and I really have no idea what I look like. I'm told I look okay. I also find it weird to see this broad six foot guy stairing me back when I look at myself in the mirror. In my mind I don't see myself that way. It took me a long time to take people seriously when they complimented me on my body. I always thought they were teasing. It's pretty weird, but I don't really mind that.