Do you ever feel like the people around you aren't alive? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you ever feel like the people around you aren't alive?

I don’t think a lot of members give you a fair shot around here. I’m glad to see some responding in helpful ways.

Reactions: Wyote and Skarekrow
While I see the point you are trying to convey...and I even agree with certain people seemingly having a shallow existence.
You are absolutely incorrect in your view of conditions like anxiety, PTSD, etc, etc, and how much control one has over such conditions.
Undiagnosed high blood pressure can cause some people terrible anxiety and it's wholly physiological in nature...i.e. you can't always just will something away.
Chronic pain, causes depression and anxiety via physiologic pathways.
This is not to mention neurosis caused by childhood abuse or traumatic stressors.
I find your view not only wrong...but insulting to those who struggle or have struggled with any type of similar condition.
You cannot reason anxiety away.
Let me preface this by saying I'm not one who beleives everyone is entitled to not be offended. This "I'm sorry" is for the people you speak of who might read this and feel insulted:
I'm sorry for your pain and anxiety and that you feel bad about what I have said. Please keep looking- there are answers.

I didn't reason my anxiety away. I decided it away. It was no small thing either and it took years. I had mommy and daddy issues, an abandonment wound and was suicidal at the age of five. I still don't know who my father is. I also have mood affecting physical issues as well is a thyroid problem.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Nice to see your being objective....

Lol you want to fight? Cute.
There's this thing I use a lot it's called humor. Try to remember that about me, or I really will tickle fight you.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not one who beleives everyone is entitled to not be offended. This "I'm sorry" is for the people you speak of who might read this and feel insulted:
I'm sorry for your pain and anxiety and that you feel bad about what I have said. Please keep looking- there are answers.

I didn't reason my anxiety away. I decided it away. It was no small thing either and it took years. I had mommy and daddy issues, an abandonment wound and was suicidal at the age of five. I also have mood affecting physical issues as well is a thyroid problem.
Okay...so you did what worked for you...you can't assume all can do that with the variety of situations.
I am not trying to "respond to you negatively or not giving you a fair shot".
I think it's fucking awesome that you accomplished that, I also accomplished a similar feat...I also was depressed and suicidal as a child...I also overcame some serious fucking anxiety while I tried futilely to keep my job assisting open heart surgery while Ankylosing spondylitis ravaged my spine and sternum with arthritis.
I still deal with chronic pain but I control it with meditation more than medication.
I fully believe that the use of Psychedellics should be available to defrag people's brains, because it works.

Just hear me out that most people have other conditions...other belief systems....other fears holding them back....things I don't assume to know or understand...pain neither you nor I no matter our own experiences cannot even begin to fathom the depth of.
I don't assume to know your pain, now you don't have to assume about me or my intentions.
I am not your enemy, nor am I looking for an apology from you...if that is how you truly feel then so be it.
Who am I to tell you your own perceptions right?
FYI I overcame lifelong severe depression, I was in the ICU for just over a week because someone found me pretty much dead though I took precautions not to be found...it was just fucking random.
Anyhow....I've seen some pretty amazing shit working as a paramedic, in the ER and then the OR...you name the body part and I have worked on it....burns to brains...to hearts.
Anyhow...medical insurance denied the medication I needed to keep working...as the pain was severe...no way to afford such a thing out of pocket...assholes.
So after I was disabled I became depressed and anxious.
I've run the gambit of antidepressants in my life...even tried a few antipsychotics to see if they did anything...they made me drool is what.
I took higher and higher doses of mushrooms until I had ego dissolution and at which point my negative loop of which you speak was broken.
Through daily meditating I keep the depression and anxiety gone, and it helps my pain incredibly.
As Jung said people need to have an "experience of the numinous" to help them negotiate the second half of their lives...it was either grab it by the balls or eat a bullet.
Can't say I don't have periods where I am depressed or anxious still...for instance I just tried this new fucked up medication and it made me sick as hell for a month...had no appetite or energy...it blew.
But I'm getting it out of my system (Cimzia)....so my mental state has also improved.
As for this dude...he obviously is a serious self-medicator with the alcohol...my guess is he was physically and verbally abused based on your description of his behavior.
Not everyone has the keys to the lock yet....it doesn't mean they haven't reached some mental epiphany, it's sometimes far more complex (having spent my career doing complex medical things) than the average person knows...even from one who has experienced their own such as yourself or me.
I think we had a misunderstanding.
Take care.

Last edited:
Life is not a contest. We all have our own battles we are fighting. Words can easily be misconstrued online.
:grouphug:

Edit- and by fair shot I wasn’t referring to anything you wrote @Skarekrow I just meant overall.

Life is not a contest. We all have our own battles we are fighting. Words can easily be misconstrued online.
:grouphug:

Edit- and by fair shot I wasn’t referring to anything you wrote @Skarekrow I just meant overall.

I wanted to win though :(
#Loser4eva

I'm in your graves tickling your zombies