Do you believe in past lives? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in past lives?

I believe that people believe and that makes it interesting.

Last edited:

1981: M.A., Department of Religious Studies Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
1980: M.Div. (with distinction), Weston School of Theology, Cambridge, Massachusetts
1976: B.A. in philosophy (summa cum laude), The University of Texas at Austin, Texas

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]her credentials. Now I am not a credetial snob by any means, but this person has studied the most wishy washy crap possible her entire life, what makes her even remotely qualified to speak on anything scientists do? She is a theologist... I didnt even know that they give out "degrees" in that anymore.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Oh also the guy she is talking about I have read up on in the past, if I recall it was pretty much a bunch of hoaxes. like the levitating and materializing people out of space. Who does that guy think he is Jesus? Another thing... there was never any real evidence of this guy doing any of that stuff, just "eye witness testimony" which may work in a court of law, but is laughed at as a form of evidence in science. There are afterall "eye witness testimonies" of Bigfoot, UFOs, the Virgin Mary, Vampires, The infamous Louisiana Leprechaun, so on and so forth. [/FONT]

Reactions: Dr. Holly
well there you go, thank you Billy you never disappoint.

Well I do have an obsession with rum, swag and burying stuff. So either I was once a pirate or an alcoholic dog-burglar.

1981: M.A., Department of Religious Studies Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
1980: M.Div. (with distinction), Weston School of Theology, Cambridge, Massachusetts
1976: B.A. in philosophy (summa cum laude), The University of Texas at Austin, Texas

her credentials. Now I am not a credetial snob by any means, but this person has studied the most wishy washy crap possible her entire life, what makes her even remotely qualified to speak on anything scientists do? She is a theologist... I didnt even know that they give out "degrees" in that anymore.

Oh also the guy she is talking about I have read up on in the past, if I recall it was pretty much a bunch of hoaxes. like the levitating and materializing people out of space. Who does that guy think he is Jesus? Another thing... there was never any real evidence of this guy doing any of that stuff, just "eye witness testimony" which may work in a court of law, but is laughed at as a form of evidence in science. There are afterall "eye witness testimonies" of Bigfoot, UFOs, the Virgin Mary, Vampires, The infamous Louisiana Leprechaun, so on and so forth.

Thanks [MENTION=1451]Billy[/MENTION] - Great post! That's perfect information and says it all really.

I don't know if I believe in past lives or not. I definitely want to find out more about this "Louisiana Leprechaun", however. Sounds sinister.

I've had some interesting... dreamish things.. that involve being someone else, not famous at all, which are compelling to me personally but hardly qualifiable as any sort of scientific evidence.

Hi CindyLou,

Thanks for asking this so that there aren't any misunderstandings. : ) I genuinely wasn't being sarcastic. I appreciated what was written - including the comment, "Does he think he's Jesus?" about whom the article was written. It was an interesting article and I felt an interesting reply back to it. I apologize if I came across the wrong way.

P.S. I always love reading your posts, CindyLou. I've always found them to be really interesting and I always learn something, which I love. Plus I always enjoy hearing other's perspectives, even if I respectfully disagree. So keep those great posts coming, please. :smile:

Reactions: CindyLou
I have been thinking about the whole "remember your past lives" thing, i think it is a canard. Memory is a function of brain, not soul. When we remember things we engage in a biochemical process. Therefore remembering or not remembering a past life is no proof of its existence.