Do you believe in paranormal or parapsychological phenomenon? | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in paranormal or parapsychological phenomenon?

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
Do you believe in paranormal or parapsychological phenomenon, such as telepathy, telekineses, remote viewing, precognition, premonition?

Yes. I have experienced some of these things myself. My aunt has as well.

Yes. I have experienced some of these things myself. My aunt has as well.

What like?

Do you consider them to relate to something spiritual or otherworldly or do you think that they are a consequence of unexplored, unexamined or understood powers of the mind?

Obviously I have not way to explain where it comes from. My current thought is that everything that is or ever will be has already been. So occasionally we see things that have already happened because of hiccups in the system. That or its just an error in processing of this simulation.

What like?

Do you consider them to relate to something spiritual or otherworldly or do you think that they are a consequence of unexplored, unexamined or understood powers of the mind?

Both! I think through spirituality we can understand the powers of the mind. I think science has yet to understand them partially due to our inability to measure/identify them, but also their their hesitation to consider more 'subjective' accounts of these things.

If you're interested in more information [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] has a wealth! He's constantly updating this thread with really interesting pieces of information that talk about this! He does a great job of finding scientific pieces of work that lend credence to the topic!

Reactions: Skarekrow and Lark
Oh to explain more. I personally have had dreams that have come true. Mostly of all things, about movies or TV shows several years before they are even talked about. Occasionally I have just known things as well. Once I knew by looking at the leaves swirl on the ground we would have a harsher then normal winter (much snow) that would come early. I knew about a year ahead of time when my father, mother and brother would die. At first I didnt know but by the time my mother died, I knew. I even told my brother a week before he moved on I was scared and I didnt want to see him go.

Occasionally I have picked up on peoples thoughts, usually one or two words, sometimes a few more. When my cat was a kitten we were connected. I had a few dreams where I picked up on what she was thinking. As an example. I had a dream where I saw what looked like a strange bandaged hand. It pointed to these little black dots running around and I heard, "What are these?" When I got up in the morning to feed the cat, ants had made there way in and were running around just like in the dream. I realized the strange bandaged limb I thought I saw in the dream was really her paw.

All of this is true.

Reactions: Lark
When my cat was a kitten we were connected. I had a few dreams where I picked up on what she was thinking. As an example. I had a dream where I saw what looked like a strange bandaged hand. It pointed to these little black dots running around and I heard, "What are these?" When I got up in the morning to feed the cat, ants had made there way in and were running around just like in the dream. I realized the strange bandaged limb I thought I saw in the dream was really her paw.

I do not doubt any of what you have said, but isn't it possible that you observed or saw an ant the day before and then while dreaming your subconscious filled in the blanks?
Like I said, I do not doubt that you possess the gift, but it is always interesting to understand the role the subconscious may play with phenomena like this.

Personally I get a lot of feelings of deja vu with situations and events that are occurring for the first time. And when I get that feeling I literally see a "double" of what I am in except the details are not all the same. So I end up asking myself if I was somehow here before in a non-physical, possibly spiritual way (not spiritual as in religious). If somehow asks me how I know it is deja vu, I can not describe it because wherever the feeling comes from, it is unlike anything else I know.

I know someone who can tell you when it is going to rain simply because they get a feeling in their body. I know from first hand experience that he does not have access to a TV or Internet with which he could possibly "cheat" and considering the percentage of the time he is right (very high) with his predictions, I know it is some sort of phenomena. Whether or not you consider this precognition, it is certainly not able to be explained in any normal context. I have heard people say it has something to do with a change in the air pressure, but this man has done this in just about every kind of terrain (as in elevation) and climate you can find in the United States with no difference in his ability.

I do not doubt any of what you have said, but isn't it possible that you observed or saw an ant the day before and then while dreaming your subconscious filled in the blanks?
Like I said, I do not doubt that you possess the gift, but it is always interesting to understand the role the subconscious may play with phenomena like this.

Personally I get a lot of feelings of deja vu with situations and events that are occurring for the first time. And when I get that feeling I literally see a "double" of what I am in except the details are not all the same. So I end up asking myself if I was somehow here before in a non-physical, possibly spiritual way (not spiritual as in religious). If somehow asks me how I know it is deja vu, I can not describe it because wherever the feeling comes from, it is unlike anything else I know.

I know someone who can tell you when it is going to rain simply because they get a feeling in their body. I know from first hand experience that he does not have access to a TV or Internet with which he could possibly "cheat" and considering the percentage of the time he is right (very high) with his predictions, I know it is some sort of phenomena. Whether or not you consider this precognition, it is certainly not able to be explained in any normal context. I have heard people say it has something to do with a change in the air pressure, but this man has done this in just about every kind of terrain (as in elevation) and climate you can find in the United States with no difference in his ability.

Obviously its possible. You would have to trust me when I tried to explain these things away myself. It is just a weird thing. In the dream I was looking at her paw and thinking, what the hell is that? I heard that voice clearly. It all fit together too perfectly in my mind. I am fairly confused about it. Why would I be connected to my cat? Why am I not still? back then I was thinking about her alot. Worried that she wasnt happy, a bit too thin etc. Maybe because I was thinking about her all the time.

Anyway it makes no difference to me if people believe me or not. Im just relaying what I have experienced. I suspect I would have the same questions if someone else were telling me something along the same lines. Besides, its not like I can use it to win the lottery... :)

Anyway it makes no difference to me if people believe me or not.

I believe you, I was just being difficult.
In the past five years I have only had dreams that were induced by lucid dreaming or caused by taking sleep aids. And when I do "dream" it would probably be considered closer to a nightmare.
And if you go back further in my past, you will find the same thing. I have no clue why I do not have dreams. I have no clue why all that I go through are surreal nightmares.

Well my dreams have changed greatly as well. I do not dream like I used to. It could be that my brain is getting older, it could be all of the different medication I have tried in the past couple of years. It could be the earths crust is shifting.