Do we think in four dimensions?

Vilku

Community Member
Feb 8, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1, 7w6, 4w3
hmm.. So i was wondering. If that would explain why whenever i think about anything related to humanity or this existence, it just feels unbearingly simplicit and three dimensional.

Its like im looking at a board game from the non-player perspective, making the game seem unbearably boring and lower dimension than that required to pique my interest.

And if you analyze your own perspective in this external realm, id be surpriced if your results were of something else than, lets focus on the visual sense: that what your eyes see, a certain proportion of 3d area focused in definite shape where your eyes point.

Take the same analyzing into the inside your mind space and.. Well it would almost seem like the space there is two dimensional movie screen, except when you start pointing out where the feelings come from? They dont seem to come to my perspective neither as like movie screen nor sphere. Rather, they seem to warp out from unseen dimension into my perspective.

If i analyze my dreams, the border of my visual construction feels like there really are definite borders to what i can perceive in the screen of my mind. With expectation of something new lingering just outside the border when i turn my camera that direction. While the border is hazy and appears 3d when i try to visualize, im still never truly able to see it but rather feel, and it always feels like its out of my visual comprehension, like trying to stare into a greater dimension from an inferior one.

When analyzing video games, board games and life, i arrive to the conclusion that they all arent just very similar, but outright identical images mirrored by a mirror. Its just that life is a more established 3d game that the mini games created into this game. And as such the hop between 2d games and 3d life doesnt seem that big at all. Just simple games, when perceived from an above perspective. Does this extending to farther ones perspective require a dimension upgrade? Dont know, but the feeling i get from cracking the game of life is very similar to that disdain when as a child i realized the game is playing me, not the other way around.

Well.. What ya think? =|

Thinking is still pretty linear though, you think things through in specific sequences... 4th dimensionally speaking you would probably have to be able to have a multitude of thoughts at the same time as opposed to ordered.

Thinking is still pretty linear though, you think things through in specific sequences... 4th dimensionally speaking you would probably have to be able to have a multitude of thoughts at the same time as opposed to ordered.

I can do that. It's trying to focus on one that's hard. Though that might just be my ADD. :D

subconsciously we think in 4 dimensions yes. Our consciousness is in 3 dimensions and our extroversion in 2 dimensions. At least, so I believe so.

-Jah

I'm not a mathematician, nor a physicist, but from a laymens perspective, a fourth dimension is pretty interesting.

"Physicists work under the assumption that there are at least 10 dimensions, but the majority of us will never "see" them. Because we only know life in 3-D, our brains don't understand how to look for anything more."

Can our brains see the fourth dimension?

"But the fact that we can't move through a fourth spatial dimension or perceive one doesn't necessarily rule out its existence."

How Many Dimensions are There?

[h=4]Number of dimensions[/h] An intriguing feature of string theory is that it predicts extra dimensions. In classical string theory the number of dimensions is not fixed by any consistency criterion. However, to make a consistent quantum theory, string theory is required to live in a spacetime of the so-called "critical dimension": we must have 26 spacetime dimensions for the bosonic string and 10 for the superstring. This is necessary to ensure the vanishing of the conformal anomaly of the worldsheet conformal field theory. Modern understanding indicates that there exist less-trivial ways of satisfying this criterion. Cosmological solutions exist in a wider variety of dimensionalities, and these different dimensions are related by dynamical transitions. The dimensions are more precisely different values of the "effective central charge", a count of degrees of freedom that reduces to dimensionality in weakly curved regimes.

or 42

>.> How can you even put concrete, physical form to thoughts? Yes we do think in our little worlds that are separated from what goes on in the physical world... I suppose thought could act as another dimension or reality in that sense but it's probably a bit of an imaginative usage of the word physics-wise.

11 dimensions. damn why not.