Do INFJs seem to have a hard time just accepting love? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do INFJs seem to have a hard time just accepting love?

I guess it depends how one defines love.

If you define love, actual love, as something that hurts you...I don't think you can possibly be talking about love.
I mean, in my understanding, even evil comes from love but if we are talking about "love love" it won't be unpleasant or involve coercion or guilt.

It's total freedom and a totally free agreement to be together or close to each other.
This doesn't have to be on paper, but it has to be the case when a person looks deep into their heart.

Or, you know, it depends how you define it. But then we'd never be able to discuss anything!
Well, that is sort of true. That's why threads about "God" and "Drugs" are so pointless and end up so vague and usually in arguments.

Reactions: subwayrider
If you define love, actual love, as something that hurts you...I don't think you can possibly be talking about love.
I mean, in my understanding, even evil comes from love but if we are talking about "love love" it won't be unpleasant or involve coercion or guilt.

It's total freedom and a totally free agreement to be together or close to each other.
This doesn't have to be on paper, but it has to be the case when a person looks deep into their heart.

Or, you know, it depends how you define it. But then we'd never be able to discuss anything!
Well, that is sort of true. That's why threads about "God" and "Drugs" are so pointless and end up so vague and usually in arguments.

merriam-webster.com says this:

a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child> (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates>
b : an assurance of affection <give her my love>
: warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of the sea>
a : the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration <baseball was his first love>
b (1) : a beloved person : darling —often used as a term of endearment (2) British —used as an informal term of address
a : unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1) : the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2) : brotherly concern for others
b : a person's adoration of God

Among other things.

And I get judged for obsessing over definitions. Go figure.

Last edited:
[MENTION=4717]subwayrider[/MENTION]

It's funny. Yeah, of course there are multiple dictionary definitions.
But how many of those cause pain and upset?

I notice your title translates to 'As you complete me'.
My idea of true love is much closer to roughly Englishcising those words into 'Come to me complete'.
The rest would follow and transparency is the way to completeness.

It's funny. Yeah, of course there are multiple dictionary definitions.
But how many of those cause pain and upset?

Bro, if you really want to go there, I can pull up ALL the definitions and we can Ni-Ti loop it up 'til The End of Days.

I notice your title translates to 'As you complete me'.

Yes and no. The meaning is lost in the translation. An equivalent in intended effect would be:

"O, how you do complete me"

My idea of true love is much closer to roughly Englishcising those words into 'Come to me complete'.
The rest would follow and transparency is the way to completeness.

Hmmm, yes, I see what you're saying. Do you feel any antagonism as to my title, now that you know what it's meant to mean?

So you're living your maxim out?

Bro, if you really want to go there, I can pull up ALL the definitions and we can Ni-Ti loop it up 'til The End of Days.

Hahaha. I'm really not interested in arguing semantics with you.
I would like to read more about Ni-Ti loops though...so if you have anything good I'd like to read it.

Yes and no. The meaning is lost in the translation. An equivalent in intended effect would be:

"O, how you do complete me"

Hmmm, yes, I see what you're saying. Do you feel any antagonism as to my title, now that you know what it's meant to mean?

So you're living your maxim out?

Antagonism? No...it still suggests completeness coming from outside of oneself to me, which was where I think my bastardisation changed the meaning.
That translation came from Google, I stink at French.

Trying to. Yeah. It's going well.
But, obviously, the other person needs to be receptive to the idea and want to heal themselves as well.
But I don't really want to go much into the knitty gritty of my personal experiences because it is quite personal.

[video=youtube;xTYrjtgU-44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTYrjtgU-44[/video]

Understandable. It's a hell of a thing.

Long story short, abandonment issues as a child and losing my grandfather at 18. Made me really bitter about love.

How old are you know?

I completely relate to how you feel sometimes. Sometimes I feel it is more of a misalignment of expectations; loving someone that you shouldn't (ending up feeling that you don't deserve to have it reciprocated). Fundamentally it's all about a lack of love for yourself, which isn't a good thing.

Last edited: