Do all children begin life in extroversion? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do all children begin life in extroversion?

I think a lot of introverts start out more outgoing (DOES NOT = extraversion!) but depending on the reaction to their different communication/interaction styles can over time become more withdrawn even shy or socially anxious (DOES NOT = introversion!).

As a child, I was very introverted, rude, selfish, bossy, intellectual and creative.
Also known as... INTJ. Eew o_o
Introvert part is probably due the environnement tough.

Last edited:
Well...i think we are born with "temperaments". For me, was "slow-to-warm" up to people (shy and quiet). I haven't really changed much. I still prefer solitute than being around a ton of people.

All kids are different, mine have remained relatively the same since birth.

Oldest boy:
As a baby-only preferred mom, dad or grandma to hold him. Had colic the first three months and to this day is a moody child. He has always hated being the center of attention ... HATES IT, even when Happy Birthday is sung to him. He's old enough now to learn to accept it, but in the past all he did was cry. He's definitely an introvert now. He's a shy and odd kid ... it's difficult for him to make new friends.

Youngest boy:
As a baby-he was perfect. He was that baby that makes people want to have babies. He loved being passed around and was generally happy all the time. Now he's a bit of a clown and loves showing off for others. Making friends is very easy for him. Always been an extrovert.

I really don't see either of them changing, but I never say never.