Discussion of the RELEVANT Presidential candidates for 2016 | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Discussion of the RELEVANT Presidential candidates for 2016

Basically this: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/27/ben-carson-muslim-president-subjugate-beliefs

The Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson on Sunday marked his surge to within one percentage point of the frontrunner Donald Trump with a return to his controversial comments about whether a Muslim could become US president.
500.jpg

[h=1]For a teen aspiring to be president, being Muslim is a hurdle in post-9/11 America[/h]

Read m

The retired neurosurgeon told ABC any Muslim would have to “subjugate” some aspects of his or her faith, including Sharia law, before being elected to the White House.
Some elements of Islam, he said, were “against the rights of women, against the rights of gays”. He also said Islam “subjugates other religions, and [advocates] a host of things that are not compatible with our constitution”.

If a Muslim candidate did not renounce such aspects of his or her faith, Carson said, “Why in fact would you take that chance?”

I see. I agree with Carson and what he said here. It shows me that he has a good way of thinking about things and is willing to not only say what he thinks but explain it. That takes a lot of courage.

For myself I dont like the way Trump acts. However his recent statements about tax reform and Gun rights shows me he understands some of the things that must change in the country. The only question is, can he do it. The other thing I think is that a Presidents true job is to find and setup a team who are experts in the associated areas who can cause these things to happen. If nothing else, Trump knows people. He knows people inside the political landscape but more importantly outside of it as well.

Im sensing that you've completely checked out of this convo.

Thats a link to a gel cushion seat. If theres a joke or anything else associated with it, its gone over my head. Perhaps if you explain?

Thats a link to a gel cushion seat. If theres a joke or anything else associated with it, its gone over my head. Perhaps if you explain?

Disregard that link, idk how it even got in there. Will be deleting that shortly.

I hate to say it, but I think Donald Trump said a douche-bag thing that I actually agree with. He said that the middle east would have been better off if we had just left Saddam Hussein there, and I think he is right. There were no weapons of mass destruction, which was the whole pretext of the invasion. The hijackers for 9/11 came from other countries than Iraq. And by taking out Saddam, we left a power vacuum in the area that has caused a civil war and led to the rise of ISIS. Plus, if we hadn't gone into Iraq, thousands of american/allied troops and over 150,000-500,000 Iraqis wouldn't have died (not to mention all that were displaced).

Saddam was a horrible person that did get over a million people killed when he started a war with Iran and used mustard gas and other tactics on the Kurds and Iranians during that conflict. But now we've created a situation where people are continuing to die and there isn't much hope for peace. Iraq is basically split into 3 right now. Also, it doesn't help that the U.S. backed Iraq against Iran in the Iraq-Iran war. Our country helped Saddam be the horrible person he was and didn't own up to his use of chemical weapons.

Maybe Saddam would have done something horrible again, but ISIS is being pretty horrible right now. I expect they'll be just as bad as Saddam was.

12119072_10153674876780350_3056172816174428217_n.jpg

Reactions: Siimplicity