Discussion of the RELEVANT Presidential candidates for 2016 | INFJ Forum

Discussion of the RELEVANT Presidential candidates for 2016

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
As the title of the thread suggests, the discussion should center on conservative, libertarian and other simalar minded candidates.

My initial thread was sabotaged so I am starting over from scratch.

So does anyone else think it's hilarious that we need the words RELEVANT and ACTUAL in caps to stay on topic? Lol...

My last posts were noting that for myself, the more Trump talks the more I am deciding we can do infinitely better with another choice. Carson is stirring the pot suggesting drone strikes on the border. ..something Im not sure will fly as that can only be considered military action on American soil.

So does anyone else think it's hilarious that we need the words RELEVANT and ACTUAL in caps to stay on topic? Lol...

Its relevant here.

I find it funny that Trump could be the new president :]

I mean, he thinks global warming was a hoax created to affect U.S manufacturing, making it less competitive. Really?!....Trump.
Its been said about him, but he ignores the context, like a lot... and I think his position on illegal immigration was timid, but still explicit enough for the Latino's to take offence. So a lot of them did.

And he does other things, like he went on and said that "shit" about Megyn Kelly, then he wants to take it back. Sir, don't take it back! you done said it. Really, it makes me laugh.

Last edited:
As the title of the thread suggests, the discussion should center on conservative, libertarian and other simalar minded candidates.

Just about the Republicans?

I don't know. Trump is a loose cannon, who knows what he'll end up achieving. I still think that Bush will win the nomination, though. The Tea Party came and went, and I think Trump will too. He definitely has his audience, but I don't think that he will go over well with the average American. Who knows. Will Texas Republicans be super psyched about voting for a slick New Yorker?

Bush could win this thing, though. I can't see anyone else winning the general election.

Just about the Republicans?

I don't know. Trump is a loose cannon, who knows what he'll end up achieving. I still think that Bush will win the nomination, though. The Tea Party came and went, and I think Trump will too. He definitely has his audience, but I don't think that he will go over well with the average American. Who knows. Will Texas Republicans be super psyched about voting for a slick New Yorker?

Bush could win this thing, though. I can't see anyone else winning the general election.

I recently read that campaign fund raisers are pulling away from Bush. If Bush is on the ticket I will not vote for him. The message that sends to the Republican party is far more valuable to me than simply having any conservative in office.
Trumps single platform is annoying to me. Yes we nedd to address illegal imagination but that alone does not get my vote. So...I like to think at this point both Trump and Bush fade into the background like bad dreams. Trump may know what it takes to become President but at this point I have no reason to believe he knows what it should take to be President.
I liked Carson but he doesn't seem to be able to stand on his own. That leaves Rand Paul at this point but its not looking good.
At this point I think this nation loses not matter what unless we can get some other choices.

I recently read that campaign fund raisers are pulling away from Bush. If Bush is on the ticket I will not vote for him. The message that sends to the Republican party is far more valuable to me than simply having any conservative in office.
Trumps single platform is annoying to me. Yes we nedd to address illegal imagination but that alone does not get my vote. So...I like to think at this point both Trump and Bush fade into the background like bad dreams. Trump may know what it takes to become President but at this point I have no reason to believe he knows what it should take to be President.
I liked Carson but he doesn't seem to be able to stand on his own. That leaves Rand Paul at this point but its not looking good.
At this point I think this nation loses not matter what unless we can get some other choices.

Who are you hoping will win? What are your thoughts on Cruz?

Who are you hoping will win? What are your thoughts on Cruz?

At this point Rand Paul. I really had hoped Carson was going to show more but... I cant get into people who aren't running but who I think would make a great President.
Cruz doesn't seem to have anything going for him other than the Tea Party platform on its own. While I believe that platform is ultimately good as a shake up for Congress, I dont have any reason to believe he would be able to use it as a positive for the nation.
And Rand... he just has this baby face that its hard to take seriously. I just cant see him standing well against the likes of Putin or Irans leaders.
Im kind of at the point where I am hoping a real candidate is going to come out of the wood work.
Trump might still get my vote if he starts talking about foreign policy and how hes going to fix the economy but right now thats looking unlikely.
I would like to believe we as a nation can get some real Presidential quality people running. Why is it so hard to find them? Probably because the best person for the job doesn't want it.

Reactions: rawr
I hope everyone can remain civil. It's getting a bit iffy with all these different threads for the election.

Reactions: rawr
I'm still not sure if this thread is about all candidates running, or just Republicans?

I hope everyone can remain civil. It's getting a bit iffy with all these different threads for the election.

Id like to think so. I would like to think my thread is not sabatoged again.

No one wanted to clarify if this is a GOP thread or a discussion of everyone running. Fuck it.

Discuss what you like. I just dont want to hear how some people think this or that conservative is a racist blood sucking money hungry vampire.

Discuss what you like. I just dont want to hear how some people think this or that conservative is a racist blood sucking money hungry vampire.

I get that, but isn't that what a discussion is, though? I don't think that anyone running for president does so in anything but good intent, but if people can argue otherwise, how's that a bad thing? Open discussion is a vital part of democracy.

Hillary, though.