[INFJ] - Different "flavors" of INFJs: How the enneagram differences manifest in personality | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Different "flavors" of INFJs: How the enneagram differences manifest in personality

6d62310c61477209c113ec0bdfa08cec2917cafaf767bc220f2fbf4d4c4e7499.jpg

giphy.gif

I thought pretty much the same thing when you posted before. Perhaps not so much, as I can't know the context of Family Guy.

But I don't care. So I had some fun last night. Can't you just let it go?

I heard it's been replaced by a vegetable monster. Something about making children want to eat more healthy stuff.
loving cookies is instinctual though. it's not taught by a muppet reject

I thought pretty much the same thing when you posted before. Perhaps not so much, as I can't know the context of Family Guy.

But I don't care. So I had some fun last night. Can't you just let it go?
giphy.gif

Seriously, no sarcasm intended.

Reactions: Ginny
9w8 INFJ

- People usually think I'm 'chill' or 'easy-going' or 'next-door-nice-fella' type of person when they don't know me well. I mean I'm generally nice, but I'm not the type who would be so carefree to invite some neighbors to party with me just because we said hi a few times or something like that.
- My friends said I have a 'zen' vibe and they feel comfortable just being around me. Some believed I can never appear nervous, even if I was being shakily nervous on the inside.
- I'm generally down to earth and don't cringe physical activities, unless it's too strenuous or too pointlessly repeated.
- I rarely got angry, but when I do, it can be explosive and shocking to others, but I hardly hold any grudges.
- I can have a convincing poker face.
- When I was younger I procrastinated and put off tasks a lot. I got much better as I grew up and learned to psychologically overcome lethargy. It's still a work in process, though.
- I can come off unassuming or even naive to people in general, while internal me is hardly ever innocent (lol) My look can be very deceiving and I feel guilty for giving such an impression, although it's never my intention to do so.
- I love observing and blending in with the crowds, but sometimes observant people can pick me out from the crowd, which I don't like. I think being INFJ gives you a strange vibe that some can somehow intuitively tell.

I am a 2w1.

I thought it was kinda odd considering it is thought to be one of the extroverted types, but it makes sense since I love to help others and pretty much try to ease any conflicts by using some comedy relief, etc. Also I love giving out hugs, and giving out advice. So yup!

Unfortunately, I am that one person in a group that handles a lot of the work or offers to take some of the load off lol--- which is something I need to work on. 2w1s have a struggle with people-pleasing, and that is one of my struggles. I often don't put enough focus on myself, and would rather help and concentrate on other people's well-being. I am getting better with balancing it all out! Been doing a lot of inner and outer work, and I love it.

Many people confuse me as an ENFJ due to my talkative, smiley nature when they get to know me beyond my shy, quiet, serious exterior. They get quite shocked when I suddenly "withdraw" myself and they think something has upset me or if they did something offensive--- and later I always have to explain to them that it is quite the opposite and that I actually just need to "recharge."

I frequently need "alone time" and just breathe. Also they always think I am out in clubs or partying on the weekends because I can be quite social, but in reality, I am just reading books or watching movies alone with my weiner dog all day lol.

I wonder if Type 2s in INFJ individuals are common, it seems like a lot of INFJs are either Type 4s, 5s or 9s. Hmmmm.

Last edited:
My scores.

MBTI: ENTJ

Enneagram: 8

It's funny because you suspect I have dictatorial tendencies for being an ENTJ but the enneagram confirms it.
Theoretically yes. But there is also a facet of good-naturedness in the 8, especially with the added playfulness of the wing 7. Don't know about the flavour of the w9 though. It should make the 8 more peace-oriented, rather than chasing after possibilities. :research::lazy:

Do you know which wing you are, or whether you are balanced? If you're interested, I could do some research. Instinctual variants further narrow down the facets and perhaps reveal flaws that you can grow out of, so they'd probably be good to know as well.

Hello friends! :) I'm a very 5ish INFJ Type 4. Very much INFJ-T. HSP and some other stuff besides.

My scores.

MBTI: ENTJ

Enneagram: 8

It's funny because you suspect I have dictatorial tendencies for being an ENTJ but the enneagram confirms it.

If I had to hazard a guess based on our interactions and of course discreetly analysing you since I joined here, I'd say you are somewhere between ENTJ 8w9 and 3w4.

I finally took the enneagram. I'm a raging 7.

Interesting. Type 7 is highly unusual for INFJs I think, as it's usually associated with a dominant extroverted function. What were your second and third highest Type scores?

Hello friends! :) I'm a very 5ish INFJ Type 4. Very much INFJ-T. HSP and some other stuff besides.

If I had to hazard a guess based on our interactions and of course discreetly analysing you since I joined here, I'd say you are somewhere between ENTJ 8w9 and 3w4.

Interesting. Type 7 is highly unusual for INFJs I think as it's usually associated with a dominant extroverted function. What were your second and third highest Type scores?

I'm 100% introverted, according to the MBTI.

5 and 1.

I'm 100% introverted, according to the MBTI.

5 and 1.

100%? Then I really think it's unlikely that you are a Type 7.

5 and 1 do correlate with introversion, however. :)

Reactions: JennyDaniella
Well, I answered the questions with 100% honesty, and that's what I received.

I don't doubt that you were honest! Perhaps you are a unique INFJ Type 7 ;)

But I've always found the enneagram questions to be a little difficult to understand at times. I've gotten many results that were not 4, yet I'm pretty sure I'm a 4.

Reactions: JennyDaniella
I've gotten many results that were not 4, yet I'm pretty sure I'm a 4.

Same here. I've never actually gotten 4 as a result, not even on my top 3 results. I usually get 5, 9 and 6. However, just like the mbti, the enneagram tests are garbage and are there as training wheels for people trying to get into the theory.

Once you sit down, and deeply understand where the enneagram is coming from, you realize that it's a whole can of worms than what the tests are going for.

Especially if you're a 4, I find people of this type tend to get different results considering that they have problems with finding an identity, which is the "split" for this type.

Reactions: Ren
Especially if you're a 4, I find people of this type tend to get different results considering that they have problems with finding an identity, which is the "split" for this type.

Good point! That would certainly explain certain "variations" in my results. :sweatsmile:

I also get 5 and 9 in my top results. 5 is usually first or second place, and 9 second or third place. More sporadically I get 6, 1 and even 8. It's a mess!

Reactions: AUM