[INFJ] - Different "flavors" of INFJs: How the enneagram differences manifest in personality | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Different "flavors" of INFJs: How the enneagram differences manifest in personality

INFJ 5w4, female. For the longest time I thought I was a 4, especially when I was younger. Enneagram 5 female doesn't make much sense since it's largely what's expected of male personality. In my own theory, the most stereotypical male personality is 8, and then 5. I think it's really hard for an Enneagram 5, female, feeler, to make sense of herself. It's a life-long struggle.

Needless to say, my life is a series of I'm-too-weird-I-need-to-dial-it-down-to-make-sense, with episodes of pains and wonders. My Fe is quite stunted but I can use it when necessary. The good thing about being 5s and INFJ makes one feel more compassionate with people and human flaws, and not fall totally in cynicism, disdain in humanity, or dissociation. I think on the outside I probably don't look much like a typical 5, but I got along well with most 5s and thinkers. I think 5s INFJs have the strongest dilemma between feeling and thinking. Most feelers don't think I'm sensitive enough, and most thinkers think I'm too sensitive. But all in all, being 5s give one unique perspectives, and useful detachment (when needed to). I learned to love myself more as I aged.

Last edited: