Did You Vote | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Did You Vote

Did You Vote In the 2012 US Presidential Election

• Yes I did

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • No I did not

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Yep, I voted! Also brought my kids along because I want them to be aware of and participate in the political process. There was an issue on the ballot that directly affected education, too, so it was more than just voting for president.

Reactions: Norton
Yep, I voted! Also brought my kids along because I want them to be aware of and participate in the political process. There was an issue on the ballot that directly affected education, too, so it was more than just voting for president.
That is wonderful that you brought them along :) My son is in Pre-K and they did a mock election in class (they had to vote for Phineas or Ferb, lol) And he knew exactly who the real presidential candidates were. His teacher told me that at circle time this morning he said, "Well, Barack Obama won again, Ms. Dee! Mitt Ruff-ney didn't win." LOL close enough! :)

Ron Paul in the White House would've been awesome. But, as my friend says, "the world isn't ready for Ron Paul."

Then, again, it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Your friend should have pointed out - the world has already seen Ron Paul. The entire period between 1850 to about 1910 was a Libertarian Utopia. It brought us things like railroad tycoons, child labor abuse and non-regulated industry (read The Jungle if you want gruesome details).

Anyone voting for Ron Paul either needs to read up on their history or has a masochistic streak.

Your friend should have pointed out - the world has already seen Ron Paul. The entire period between 1850 to about 1910 was a Libertarian Utopia. It brought us things like railroad tycoons, child labor abuse and non-regulated industry (read The Jungle if you want gruesome details).

Anyone voting for Ron Paul either needs to read up on their history or has a masochistic streak.
+ a million.

I think you may be oversimplifying things.

e.g. Do today's Democrats want to reenact slavery?

Last edited:
It looks like the Democrats are going to continue, and the Republicans are going down the tubes.

So I voted for Johnson. :p

I think you may be oversimplifying things.

e.g. Do today's Democrats want to reenact slavery?
Except that the policies of today's democrats are not reminiscent AT ALL pre emancipation and civil rights..
In fact, you could say Ron Paul and his boy Rand's views harken back to before the Civil Rights, too.
The Pauls would prefer it if businesses could segregate based on race... and consider it unjust and unconstitutional that businesses no longer can discriminate based on race... or any other demographic.

Last edited:
Except that the policies of today's democrats are not reminiscent AT ALL pre emancipation and civil rights..
In fact, you could say Ron Paul and his boy Rand's views harken back to before the Civil Rights, too.
The Pauls would prefer it if businesses could segregate based on race... and consider it unjust and unconstitutional that businesses no longer can discriminate based on race... or any other demographic.

Interesting. I read one of his books at Barnes and Noble that was a general overview of his intended policies and political philosophies, but I never came across anything like that.

Good to know, if it's actually true.

Last edited:
Reactions: acd
Interesting. I read one of his books at Barnes and Noble that was a general overview of his intended policies and political philosophies, but I never came across anything like that.

Good to know, if it's actually true.

He says it's not about race and that he isn't a racist, but that it's all about being able to do whatever you want to do with your private property--and that the '64 Civil Rights Act actually damaged race relations more than achieving equality for minorities...
He doesn't think Civil Rights should have been legislated, and he believes that without abolishing segregation, people would have naturally just come to their senses and saw the error of their ways.. and that we'd all get along much better now hadn't the government gotten involved.. (I see him as wayyyy too idealistic.. and I'm an INFP!)
Anyway, he talks about it here:
http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/civil-rights-act/

Personally, I still think it's regressive to advocate that business owners should be able to segregate customers or deny customers services based on race...
He is fervently passionate about his own beliefs, as I have seen him exhibit this in speeches, but then when he talks about actual people's lives... people who have suffered injustices, he is very detached and cold about it.
That is unnerving to me.. But those are just my personal feelings on him.

Read about his views on the abolition of slavery, as well if it interests you....
And about worker's rights... and deregulation of...everything..

I'm curious what exactly it is about him you admire..

Reactions: subwayrider
Nah ... I think its obvious why ...

No, I smoked some killer hash though.

He says it's not about race and that he isn't a racist, but that it's all about being able to do whatever you want to do with your private property--and that the '64 Civil Rights Act actually damaged race relations more than achieving equality for minorities...
He doesn't think Civil Rights should have been legislated, and he believes that without abolishing segregation, people would have naturally just come to their senses and saw the error of their ways.. and that we'd all get along much better now hadn't the government gotten involved.. (I see him as wayyyy too idealistic.. and I'm an INFP!)
Anyway, he talks about it here:
http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/civil-rights-act/

Personally, I still think it's regressive to advocate that business owners should be able to segregate customers or deny customers services based on race...
He is fervently passionate about his own beliefs, as I have seen him exhibit this in speeches, but then when he talks about actual people's lives... people who have suffered injustices, he is very detached and cold about it.
That is unnerving to me.. But those are just my personal feelings on him.

Read about his views on the abolition of slavery, as well if it interests you....
And about worker's rights... and deregulation of...everything..

I'm curious what exactly it is about him you admire..

It's like an analogy I heard on TV recently that used astronomy - the way astronomers can tell a star has a planet isn't be seeing the planet, but by the light displacement it creates in the star as it orbits. Ron Paul's policies pretty much read the same; what isn't he saying that he doesn't also deny?

It's like an analogy I heard on TV recently that used astronomy - the way astronomers can tell a star has a planet isn't be seeing the planet, but by the light displacement it creates in the star as it orbits. Ron Paul's policies pretty much read the same; what isn't he saying that he doesn't also deny?
exactly.

No, I smoked some killer hash though.

I watched a Drugs, Inc. episode on that stuff. I didn't know that it's pretty bad for you, as well as all the other concentrates.

I got this stuff at the dispensary called "earwax" once. It's about 90% THC, if you can believe that. I got more ripped on that stuff than I've ever been since my first time.

Hooray for Washington and Colorado legalizing weed for recreational use. I wonder how the federal government is going to react to that.