Developing Functions | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Developing Functions

Te is a function i use regularly at work, and one i'd like to develop so that i can use it more efficiently.

@VH; yes ! And the replies in that thread too help, hence me copying the whole thread up.

Ni + Fi + Fe + Ti + Se:

Make a work of art. But instead of making a good work of art, make something that's meaningful to you. Be honest.

ALso, sing a song, karaoke style. But put emotion and empathy with it; sing a song that personally resonances with your past and feeling, and......Let it rain, as miss Jordin Sparks had said.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBWYNsWjkxM"]YouTube- Jordin Sparks: Let It Rain[/ame]

Ni + Fi + Fe + Ti + Se:

Make a work of art. But instead of making a good work of art, make something that's meaningful to you. Be honest.

Funny you should mention this. That is my exact function set, and I'm an artist.

Here's an example of my work. I painted this...most likely using Ni > Fi > Fe > Ti > Se

Shadowcon2010-Web.jpg

Reactions: Trifoilum
I think trying to come up with titles for songs/stories/etc that encapsulate everything those things are about/trying to express might be a decent way to exercise Ni (y'know, that whole thing of Ni looking for the the underlying relationships that connect seemingly disparate ideas).

I think trying to come up with titles for songs/stories/etc that encapsulate everything those things are about/trying to express might be a decent way to exercise Ni (y'know, that whole thing of Ni looking for the the underlying relationships that connect seemingly disparate ideas).
And Fi, I think.

On a similar note, I say trying to find a song that fits in your feelings at one point or another is an exercise in Si and Fi. Y'know, breakup songs.....happy songs...that kind of thing. Or is it just me? *has like, several playlists and songs attached with certain people and events*

And Fi, I think.

On a similar note, I say trying to find a song that fits in your feelings at one point or another is an exercise in Si and Fi. Y'know, breakup songs.....happy songs...that kind of thing. Or is it just me? *has like, several playlists and songs attached with certain people and events*

I think you are right! Or finding a way to translate the way you are feeling into a song/poem/picture/painting ... is a good way to develop Fi.

I had a moment this weekend where I found myself alone in London walking around with my Fi and Te working in tandem. Te was holding the map and guiding me to the places I wanted to go to and Fi was bounding with the environement, enjoying the beauty of the buildings and absorbing all the energies coming towards me.

Normaly when I'm exploring a city my Te goes of scale worying whether I'm going the right way, whether I'm going to be on time to catch my train back, have I organized everything without faults? ... and if I'm with people Fe goes of scale worying about them, are they happy, what would they like to do, I would even betrayl myself to make them satisfied....

But now everthing worked together harmoniously and I found my way almost intuitively. The map I had was incomplete and wrong at some times but still I could find the way without worrying. It was like magic! very nice!!

It is sad that I can't do it this way when I'm with people...

For Fe, what's best is what makes people happy. For Fi, what's best is what lets people be true to themselves.

how would you do that?

It gives me the most satisfaction when I see people around me being through to themselves, letting me know who they really are and what they really need. I'm more than happy to respect that and provide them with what they need ...

but it hardly ever happen and people get stuck in social aquirements and expectations. They forget who they are, betray who they are or don't even know it themselves (I do that too) . It leaves me clueless on what they really need and it is so confuzing. In that case I switch Fe on and try to make them happy through social standards and simple kindness... I hate doing that because it is superficial and it happens more than I would like.

does anyone know a good way to give the sign to people that you give them the opportunity to be there through selves?

how would you do that?

It gives me the most satisfaction when I see people around me being through to themselves, letting me know who they really are and what they really need. I'm more than happy to respect that and provide them with what they need ...

but it hardly ever happen and people get stuck in social aquirements and expectations. They forget who they are, betray who they are or don't even know it themselves (I do that too) . It leaves me clueless on what they really need and it is so confuzing. In that case I switch Fe on and try to make them happy through social standards and simple kindness... I hate doing that because it is superficial and it happens more than I would like.

does anyone know a good way to give the sign to people that you give them the opportunity to be there through selves?

That's a bit harder to do -- Fe is a very social function, and when there are a lot of people involved or a larger group, it's more likely that Fe will be more the function calling the shots, rather than Fi. Fi tends to work better one-on-one, like most introverted functions; the user has to draw the people inwards, and it's difficult to do that with a multitude of people.

So, basically, if you want to use Fi with people, you'll probably be best connecting to them personally, if possible. Although, you can kind of synthesize the functions; if you can use Fe to send an Fi message, that might work to evoke Fi in the people you're dealing with. Of course, this is much harder to master; you'd have to work with both functions simultaneously. However, it's probably worth the effort ;)

That's a bit harder to do -- Fe is a very social function, and when there are a lot of people involved or a larger group, it's more likely that Fe will be more the function calling the shots, rather than Fi. Fi tends to work better one-on-one, like most introverted functions; the user has to draw the people inwards, and it's difficult to do that with a multitude of people.

wauw, thank you. Looking back to how I deal with people it pretty much is like discribe it. When I'm with one people alone it is indeed easier to draw the people inwards than with a larger group. Although I have noticed that a lot of people don't like to be drawn inwards because of all the emotions they are hiding there. An ENFP friend of me in particular don't want it because it makes her sad...

So, basically, if you want to use Fi with people, you'll probably be best connecting to them personally, if possible. Although, you can kind of synthesize the functions; if you can use Fe to send an Fi message, that might work to evoke Fi in the people you're dealing with. Of course, this is much harder to master; you'd have to work with both functions simultaneously. However, it's probably worth the effort ;)

Yes that's true! I try that from time to time, while interacting with people with Fe I send them some signs, uncommon ligns and if they pick it up I can get turn the conversation in an Fi direction, it is very nice when that happens...

With the recent interest in JCF, I would like to bump this thread in hopes to helping people in developing the functions, as much as understanding.

I was going to create a thread and then found this one so I don't have to. The other day I was talking to my cousin who is a Jungian analyst or what ever you call the folks that sit down with others to discuss mbti in a similar fashion a psychologist might. I am weak in the feeling aspects of mbti obviously. He said what it breaks down to in the simplist possible form is basically asking yourself if something feels right. Thats how you start.

And so here I ask myself if political discussion though so many take offense here to ideas that contradict their own, feels right. And it does. The way I bring up topics, discuss them. The way I respond to people....it all feels right.

You see, the thing about liberals is they run around claiming moral superiority in practically everything they comment on. It's entirely annoying but beyond that about as incorrect as you can be about something. Not that people who aren't liberals are perfect, it's just that liberals don't have a leg up on any morals. In fact really it's the opposite in so many ways.

Anyway political discussion feels right so I am going to keep at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Free and Wyote
I was going to create a thread and then found this one so I don't have to. Than other day I was talking to my cousin who is a Jungian analyst or what ever you call the folks that sit down with others to discuss mbti in a similar fashion a psychologist might. I am weak in the feeling aspects of mbti obviously. He said what it breaks down to in the simplist possible form is basically asking yourself if something feels right. Thats how you start.

And so here I ask myself if political discussion though so many take offense here to ideas that contradict their own, feels right. And it does. The way I bring up topics, discuss them. The way I respond to people....it all feels right.

You see, the thing about liberals is they run around claiming moral superiority in practically everything they comment on. It's entirely annoying but beyond that about as incorrect as you can be about something. Not that people who aren't liberals are perfect, it's just that liberals don't have a leg up on any morals. In fact really it's the opposite in so many ways.

Anyway political discussion feels right so I am going to keep at it.
I'm glad you've found your niche, EH. And I do think one should always do what they feel is right. However, growth can't be had without a little opposition, without a bit of challenge. Since politics are your comfort zone, have you considered venturing out beyond what's comfortable in order to further develop aspects of yourself that need a little polish? You are weak in the feelings department, as you've said. Would you be open to a little experiment, an investigation into yourself? Let's say you're up for it, how about limiting yourself to one political post per forum visit, and try to post more in other threads without falling back into politics for three days? How 'bout it? :)

I'm glad you've found your niche, EH. And I do think one should always do what they feel is right. However, growth can't be had without a little opposition, without a bit of challenge. Since politics are your comfort zone, have you considered venturing out beyond what's comfortable in order to further develop aspects of yourself that need a little polish? You are weak in the feelings department, as you've said. Would you be open to a little experiment, an investigation into yourself? Let's say you're up for it, how about limiting yourself to one political post per forum visit, and try to post more in other threads without falling back into politics for three days? How 'bout it? :)
Oh you are a clever one! I've never said different.

Reactions: Wyote and Free
Hmm, so that's a "no" then? Well, if anything, hopefully you've at least got a laugh out of it. I'm sorry if I've offended in any way.
It's not anything other than my saying you are brilliant.
You caused me to think. Where that will lead I am unsure.

Would you be open to a little experiment, an investigation into yourself? Let's say you're up for it, how about limiting yourself to one political post per forum visit, and try to post more in other threads without falling back into politics for three days? How 'bout it? :)
I LOVE THIS IDEA! Come on @Eventhorizon, this would be awesome!
you are brilliant.
Of course she is. :drmonocle:

Reactions: Free and Wyote