Death Stare

Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
Dec 27, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
This topic is posted in that other MBTI forum, INFJ section.
Is 'death stares' really typical of us? A friend of mine does tell I have that kind of expression; kind of like >: | or T_T and... I do notice I tend to...pull this kind of expression.

And echoing the other forum; what happens in your mind? What goes into my mind? Basically I'm deciphering or listening to what the other said.

An image on the thread too;
ralph-fiennes-profile.png

Ralph Fiennes (...who?), supposedly an INFJ

oooh looks scary~ but there isn't any tenseness in the eyes~ (or maybe that's just me) ~ :p Maybe if you obscure everything except the eye region~

Aaaanywaays~ Doesn't look angry... just... uuh cold :0? Or (mostly) detached with this realm... at least uuh :p I dunno~ just saying.. stuff

Why is it called a death stare anyways >;0 that sounds so scary

Every type has a "default" expression. It's the expression they naturally revert to when they're unoccupied.

Ni-doms, I notice, have an expression of mild irritation (which has to do with inferior Se, I suppose). It's brow slightly-furrowed, thousand-yard stare that's prevalent in both INTJs and INFJs.

Something like this:

louis-ck-los-angeles-premiere-of-i-think-i-love-my-wife-1B29ev.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Bandit
Julian Assange. Seriously. That guy just has that sinister look in his eyes. So creepy.

I have a friend who could do this perfectly :) but he is not really INXJ, he is an ISTP.

Yah, I do this. :m190:

I don't stand in places and creepily have a cheesy grin in my face, it's my serious face.

Here's my death stare. I mean, this photo is about 18 months old I think and, to be fair, it was taken for a soccer league roster. So I consciously had on my I-am-going-to-fuck-you-up-on-the-field face but it's not too far off from how I look normally. Or so I've been told.

k.jpg

Here's my death stare. I mean, this photo is about 18 months old I think and, to be fair, it was taken for a soccer league roster. So I consciously had on my I-am-going-to-fuck-you-up-on-the-field face but it's not too far off from how I look normally. Or so I've been told.

k.jpg
*flat stare*
I dunno, it looks like you're thinking of something random.

I don't know, but he has that sort of face.
LOL--

...wait, that means...
*horrified face*

Last edited:
My friends have told me that my neutral face is really sad and kind of droopy-looking...like a basset hound. But I personally don't think it's all that bad...

basset-hound.jpg

Reactions: Kgal
Sometimes people tell me not to
"look at them like that". I don't
really know what this means. I'm
just being normal? I never know
what to do. Hmph. :\

Reactions: Saru Inc
Sometimes people tell me not to
"look at them like that". I don't
really know what this means. I'm
just being normal? I never know
what to do. Hmph. :\

I can recall myself in this situation~ I think I'm one of those people that says........ 0.o stop looking like that! !!!

I didn't think I had a death stare, but apparently I do. I was at the gym with my gym partner and I was pushing myself really hard. She said, "You look like you're going to beat someone's ass and you don't care if you kill them or if you go to jail. I would be scared of you if I didn't know you." So I think mine is triggered by intense effort or focus.

I tried to notice my movements a bit after that on subsequent trips and she's right. I'm there for a purpose and nothing is going to get in my way. Also, I go right after work so I am already usually agitated.

[MENTION=2926]Bird[/MENTION] Quit looking at me like that!!

I have a stare of "focus" and people always ask "What are you thinking about"? I hate that question.

Ooooh, love Ralph Fiennes and yeah, I think I have this look.

Korg, you're definitely giving off a "dont f*ck with me" vibe with that face... Are you flaring your nostrils for extra emphasis?

I've noticed that my neutral expression is usually a serene smile and I'm always sad when others don't return it. I'm especially annoyed when someone else's is a furrowed brow which happens a LOT in crabby patty zone - MI.

Last edited:
Er. I have the death glare, too. A lot of people find me unapproachable because I look really mean, but what most don't realize is that's my face on auto-pilot. My mind is generally somewhere else! Hmm. I also have trouble hiding my feelings. For instance, if I think someone's a complete idiot...my facial expression will scream it. :md:

My face is extremely animated. Its really easy to read what I'm feeling. I'm nearly always looking concerned, and looking off into nothingness.

People always tell me I look "pensive." Like I'm troubled by something, but that's not really how I feel.