Dealing with workplace gossip -- as a manager? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Dealing with workplace gossip -- as a manager?

Musing again. THis time in regards to my coworker.
Background : We have placed our products in a department store, and they also have their sales placed there. Boss #2 dealt with hiring and choosing the sales.

Now the problem was about giving wages.
My co-worker is the one who's supposed to deal with all the payments. But he forgot to send it, much to the sales' distress. (The sales threatened to quit, apparently. Which, I completely understand)
When talked about it, his reactions? "Well whatever, no one reminded me."
Which, excuse me, WTF?

I'm mostly confused because on one hand, I'm dealing with other people suffering because of my coworker's unprofessional behavior.
On the other hand....dealing with it is easy; just remind him! But that feels like...ungh, feeding to my coworker's laziness as well.
And from a self preservation perspective; Boss #2 isn't going to be pleased. My coworker's fuckups is going to be blamed at me as well.

Should I just let him be regardless of what happened to the sales?
Should I remind him? Other possibilities?

In my opinion? In regards to the nature of this (family business), there is a line that separates home life and work life. He is blurring that line; like essentially because I'm his family member, I have to help him. On the other hand, I also have that line blurred; I'm judging him from his home behaviors.