Crack the code, solve the riddle, or answer the trivia | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Crack the code, solve the riddle, or answer the trivia

I'm used to fooling around with you Ren. :p

All jokes aside, I would like to know too. Fidicen? Up to you to make this common knowledge. :D

Reactions: Fidicen and Ren
Yeah, this makes more sense. But tbh, there is no way to determine the plane's weight because the wording is problematic. You can't determine half the weight based on the problem. At most what you have is y = 10+ 1/2x based on @Fidicen's equation, but how can you solve for x if you don't have a corresponding solution set? There is nothing in the problem to indicate that 100 is half the weight. It's simply a constant which get's added to the half the weight of the plane.

I agree @Gaze, the trick with that riddle is not so much mathematical as verbal. It has a confusing phrasing on purpose. :)

Still, I personally think the answer 200 makes the most sense, ultimately.

riddle0077.png

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Fidicen
Riddlers-Riddle-8.png

Reactions: Fidicen
I'm also ready to hear the answer @Ren.

The answer: stop the train, get a few people to hop out and head maybe a few hundred meters ahead, start a fire there and get back to the train. Wait a few hours and start the train again. The wind will push the wall of fire ahead of the train and a faster speed, leaving the forest ahead burnt to the ground, so that the train can then just follow the trail of black forest burnt by the fire ahead. As for the wall of fire rushing behind and threatening to overtake the train, it will stop at the mark when the more recent fire was started, because there will be nothing left to burn.

So the train will get out of the forest unscathed, just heading through blackened forestland at a slower speed than the wall of fire ahead of it, the wall of fire behind it having stopped.

Okay that answer wasn't so bad. Like Sprinkles said, more reasonable than expected. I was on the right track with removing the forest. :blush:

And to think we were heading into calculus territory :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Ren
Five hundred begins it, five hundred ends it, five in the middle is seen, first of all letters, and first of all figures take stations between. Join all together, and you will bring the name of an eminent king.

Reactions: Gaze
Five hundred begins it, five hundred ends it, five in the middle is seen, first of all letters, and first of all figures take stations between. Join all together, and you will bring the name of an eminent king.

David!

What two letters can be found almost everywhere outdoors, as the sun passes from close to far?

Reactions: Gaze and Reason