Crack the code, solve the riddle, or answer the trivia | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Crack the code, solve the riddle, or answer the trivia

Yeah I see your point Fidicen. It's kind of hard to turn off all that academic training. But that's exactly what's needed here, so I'm going to take a break. The answer to the other riddle came to me randomly at 1 at night, so this will hit me at some point too. The intuition will find a way!

Exactly! It's finding the answer within the logic of the riddle itself. And within that logic, the answer makes sense. Currently you guys are like this:

team-of-medical-research-scientists-work-on-a-new-generation-disease-picture-id827581056

But actually you need to be more like that:

buffoonz.png

PS. It's a slight exaggeration

Have an orgy because you're not going to survive anyway

Clearly the best option and by the way I'm sitting next to Charlize Theron in that train. :tonguewink:

Last edited:
Reactions: Fidicen
A train is traveling at its max speed of 70mph. It's on a long journey and the route heads through a massive forest. Soon the train crew is informed that there is a wildfire an hour behind it, which is traveling at a speed of 80mph due to strong winds pushing behind. It will catch up with the train before the end of the forest is reached, and roast everyone inside it.

What do you do?

Get off the train.

A train is traveling at its max speed of 70mph. It's on a long journey and the route heads through a massive forest. Soon the train crew is informed that there is a wildfire an hour behind it, which is traveling at a speed of 80mph due to strong winds pushing behind. It will catch up with the train before the end of the forest is reached, and roast everyone inside it.

What do you do?
Get drunk; train orgy; smoke in the non-smoking section

#fuckthepolice

Get off the train.
How does that work? By assuming the wall of fire is only following along the tracks perpendicular to the forest and that only the railway is burning?

Also realistically that's the best way to survive too, because if you're trapped in a forest fire you should dig a hole to lay in and cover yourself with dirt.

Reactions: Wyote and Reason
@Ren said the fire will roast everyone inside the train.
But assuming the fire will only burn everyone in the train and nothing else means that we can come up with a great number of solutions that defy the laws of physics or our experience of the world. In that case being rescued by aliens would be equally valid as a solution since we can abandon the assumption that the world of the train is this one. Or bombing the hurricane to stop the wind from blowing, calling a helicopter etc.

But assuming the fire will only burn everyone in the train and nothing else means that we can come up with a great number of solutions that defy the laws of physics or our experience of the world. In that case being rescued by aliens would be equally valid as a solution since we can abandon the assumption that the world of the train is this one. Or bombing the hurricane to stop the wind from blowing, calling a helicopter etc.

I don't think there's a logical way to make the train go faster. Definitely not a logical way to make the fire go slower. Not many options left.

Reactions: Fidicen and Reason
@Gaze :)

Another way to solve the problem without turning it into a formal equation is to think in this way: if a plane weighs 100 tons plus half its weight, then 100 tons is one half, since a whole is composed of two halves.

Yeah, this makes more sense. But tbh, there is no way to determine the plane's weight because the wording is problematic. You can't determine half the weight based on the problem. At most what you have is y = 10+ 1/2x based on @Fidicen's equation, but how can you solve for x if you don't have a corresponding solution set? There is nothing in the problem to indicate that 100 is half the weight. It's simply a constant which get's added to the half the weight of the plane.

Reactions: Fidicen
Dismissed ideas:

Make a sail to travel as fast as the wind since the train is too heavy to get a speed boost from it (out of what? and get thrown about by winds, hit your head on a tree and die?)
Call for helicopter rescue (the wind is too strong, that's a hurricane level wind)
Wait for the fire, stay close to the floor (the method of death was uncertain, so there must be some obvious solution that covers everything)
Use the water in the train to put out the fire (it costs 4 euros per half a litre bottle, not enough money)
Mass suicide, souls get rescued by the alien mothership behind Vulcanus (never worked before)
Request help from the EU (they'll just add fuel to the fire hoping it'll burn more quickly)
Request help from NATO (Trump will bomb the forest and us with it)
Request help from the UN (Russia vetoed. Besides, the council is still having a meeting, although they did release a statement condemning the fire)
Request help from infjs.com (suffocate under the outburst of memes and hug emoticons)
Calm the hurricane by throwing bombs into them (sharks will fall from the sky, killing everyone)
Have an orgy because you're not going to survive anyway (well...)

I think it's safe to conclude that we're all toast. Except for Ren. He's French toast.