Crack the code, solve the riddle, or answer the trivia | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Crack the code, solve the riddle, or answer the trivia

Mr. Smith has 4 daughters. Each of his daughters has a brother. How many children does Mr. Smith have?

Reactions: Gaze and James
embeddedIMG_sevenriddlethathavebeenbafflingtheinternet_850px_7-600x600.jpg

Reactions: jkxx and Ginny
Reactions: jkxx and Gaze
Imagine a plane that weighs 100 tons plus half its weight.

How much does it weigh?

Imagine a plane that weighs 100 tons plus half its weight.
A trick question. You probably expect us to give some petty bourgeois answer like 200 tons, but that's not correct. My imagination is as heavy as the universe and as light as a quark. The plane is an aspect of nothingness, it is a feather, a god, it exists in a universe without the Higgs field so the concept of mass in your question is irrelevant. There is no attraction, the plane moves at the speed of light never to return to the same place again because it is a cosmic plane stretching toward infinity. The plane is growing like a gigantic flower with tendrils reaching toward the dark recesses of your soul, it tears apart your dreams and devours your hopes, yet it never gets heavier because what it is eating also weighs nothing. It is the void. It is the beginning. It is the end. It is you and me and everything else on this planet existing as a passing thought, always hungry for something that isn't even real, pure existence that would be a satisfactory explanation, a purpose. It is death. It is the full stop at the end of this message

Reactions: Gaze, jkxx and Ren
But isn't it true that even death is not really death?

Other than that thank you both for the fascinating Q&A.

dd-composite-riddle-2.jpg dd-composite-riddle-3.jpg

Attachments

• dd-composite-riddle-2.jpg
    dd-composite-riddle-2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Ren and Fidicen
Reactions: Ren
A trick question. You probably expect us to give some petty bourgeois answer like 200 tons, but that's not correct. My imagination is as heavy as the universe and as light as a quark. The plane is an aspect of nothingness, it is a feather, a god, it exists in a universe without the Higgs field so the concept of mass in your question is irrelevant. There is no attraction, the plane moves at the speed of light never to return to the same place again because it is a cosmic plane stretching toward infinity. The plane is growing like a gigantic flower with tendrils reaching toward the dark recesses of your soul, it tears apart your dreams and devours your hopes, yet it never gets heavier because what it is eating also weighs nothing. It is the void. It is the beginning. It is the end. It is you and me and everything else on this planet existing as a passing thought, always hungry for something that isn't even real, pure existence that would be a satisfactory explanation, a purpose. It is death. It is the full stop at the end of this message.

Haha, that's amazing. A ''petty bourgeois answer like 200 tons'' :laughing:

100 tons.

Incorrect. @Fidicen got it right (fair play to him, it's rare that somebody gets it straightaway!)

Reactions: Gaze and Fidicen
Haha, that's amazing. A ''petty bourgeois answer like 200 tons'' :laughing:

Incorrect. @Fidicen got it right (fair play to him, it's rare that somebody gets it straightaway!)

Confused. Can you explain?

Reactions: Ren and Fidicen
Why was there a cow on the bus?
cows can't drive

Why is there a fish on the wall?
fish sticks

What do you call an origami demon?
paperoni

Confused. Can you explain?

Turn it into an equation and the problem becomes simple. This is at least how I got it:

x=100+x/2 |*2
2x=200+x |-x
x=200

It's been a long time since I've had to do this at school, but I was helped by the fact that I encountered a similar (confusing) problem recently:

You're a farmer going to the market with 200 kilos (or pounds if you want) of cucumbers to sell. The cucumbers are 99% water (not really, but for the sake of this question they are). During the day some of the water evaporates, so in the evening after spending the whole day standing and shouting and selling your pathetic shrivelled excuses for cucumbers you return home with the same stock, except that now they only have 98% water. How many kilograms do you have left?