Courage in everyday life

Jana

Searching...
Apr 18, 2009
MBTI
infj
1. What is it?
2. How does one show it?
3. Can you work on making yourself more courageous?
4. Do you feel enough courageous?

Reactions: Norton
1. Courage... overcoming fear.
2. By doing what needs to be done.
3. Yes, by pushing through/exposing yourself to said fear.
4. Sometimes

1. What is it? - hope
2. How does one show it? - by taking a difficult step towards an insurmountable goal, with uncertainty trying to pull you back
3. Can you work on making yourself more courageous? - No. But I can work to be more successful by achieving achievable goals.
4. Do you feel enough courageous? - only when I feel the confidence is justified or deserved. Meaning, I won't take another step towards a goal unless I'm sure I'm likely to completely it. Easily self defeated, so I'd rather take realistic steps and "hope" it happens.

Last edited:
1. What is it?
2. How does one show it?
3. Can you work on making yourself more courageous?
4. Do you feel enough courageous?

1. Overcoming reactions of fear or anxiety that come up in difficult situations, in order to do the honorable thing.
2. I think it can be noticed by others who are aware of the person's vulnerabilities and their situation, or someone can be perceived to be courageous if they seem to be able to go through with things that most others consider difficult, but it is most felt by the person at hand. It's something that they show to themselves. They convince themselves that they don't have to be tied down by their fears, and that they can take action in the face of their own fear, that they are able to do something and be the great person that they want to be, by their own standards. Courage comes to life in a decisive movement, and in perseverance.
3. Yes, but it takes practise.
4. A lot of people call me brave/bold/daring, but I wouldn't really put that on par with "courageous". It's hard for me to be courageous sometimes. Often, situations that others find scary I do not find scary, but situations others find to not be scary I find make me worried and anxious. I think I do feel enough courageous. I feel like the fact that I still see things that come up as challenges, rather seeing them as obstacles, and that I keep getting up and trying not to crumble, is enough to make me feel courageous. I secretly even get a little defiant and bigheaded sometimes, as much as I know that simultaneously the things that oppose me do make me feel bogged down.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have had moments of courage. a couple years ago i had this really brutal professor at university/ and i had to write a story for his class and it was the first story i had to produce for uni. because of my teacher and because of me i became stuck. and then one night i just started writing: i stripped it bare and i wrote the way i saw it and the way i felt it. i could not believe his comments, and i was so happy.

and i think courage is such a nice thing to see in others.

Reactions: Leticia Mejor