Could Jesus have sinned? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Could Jesus have sinned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnabas,

You claim you are a Christian as well as a preacher.

Stop giving people the idea that the Word of God is something they can cherry-pick and ponder at their leisure, and that repentance and faith in Christ is optional.

It's not optional. Those who don't know Christ are headed for Hell.

You must repent and believe on Christ, as he is revealed in the Holy Scriptures,or you will be justly condemned forever. That is a fact.

Barnabas,

You are a classic false prophet. And you are under the wrath of God.

Even if you're sincere, you're still sincerly wrong. You are clearly not saved. You don't know who Christ is or what he's done.

You're the blind leading the blind. Plain and simple.

"Why so serious, dude?"

thumbs-up-jesus.jpg

Barnabas,

Stop giving people the idea that the Word of God is something they can cherry-pick and ponder at their leisure, and that repentance and faith in Christ is optional.

You must repent and believe on Christ, as he is revealed in the Holy Scriptures,or you will be justly condemned forever. That is a fact.

Barnabas,

Even if you're sincere, you're still sincerly wrong. You are clearly not saved. You don't know who Christ is or what he's done.

I say christ is a made up character, prove I am wrong. Can you prove the bible was not written by Satan to throw you off the real story and that all this time some of mankind has been following the words of satan?

No. He is not capable of sinning.

He does not have a sinful nature. He is God.

Why are you asking?

I'm interested in the opinions of the members of the forum, I come here to listen and converse because find these people to be interesting and or insightful. It's an interesting question that came out of my friends theology class that had moderately split answers, most were on board with him not being able to sin few my friend included were of the opinion that he could have sinned but did not.

I'm still on the fence, and while I don't like to make theological decisions based of the answers of the forum, It helps me to talk it through with people of opposing opinions.

As a post thought I'm not going to debate with you anymore, I've said all I have to say. I'd prefer if you not call me a false prophet, or blind or you know egg me on into debate.

I'm still on the fence, and while I don't like to make theological decisions based of the answers of the forum, It helps me to talk it through with people of opposing opinions.

As a post thought I'm not going to debate with you anymore, I've said all I have to say. I'd prefer if you not call me a false prophet, or blind or you know egg me on into debate.

If you're on the fence about whether or not Christ is holy and incapable of sin---once again:

You do not know Christ, so you do not believe on Christ. At this point in time, you are lost.

You should not be teaching or preaching to anybody. Sincere or not, you are a false prophet.

Stop teaching and preaching, and learn who Christ is. Then God may send you to teach and preach.

Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, as he is revealed in the Holy Scriptures.

Romans 10:13 :
for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

You might think I'm against you, but I'm very much for you. My heart's desire is to help you.

Right now, you are under a deadly delusion. I want you to come to the truth.

If at some point you come to realize the truth that you are lost, and you need help, please just let me know. I'll do what I can.

Last edited:
I believe one of the facets of humanity is the ability to 'sin' (however your beliefs define this), and repent/learn from this 'sin'. Because Jesus was a man, and he had humanity, I believe he had the ability to sin.

However, I also think that he must have had the knowledge of God, and the understanding of sin and it's consequences...therefore, unlike us who must hold faith in our hearts for God and his 'words', Jesus knew - therefore he didn't need faith.

So, yes he had the ability to sin...but I imagine his knowledge and understanding of God and God's plans stopped him from sinning.

If you're on the fence about whether or not Christ is holy and incapable of sin---once again:

You do not know Christ, so you do not believe on Christ. At this point in time, you are lost.

You should not be teaching or preaching to anybody. You are a false prophet.

Troll.

This is a discussion board. The entirety and foundation of such a platform is to host and encourage discussions that engage a variety of backgrounds and beliefs. This is not a preaching board. If you are looking to preach and condemn individuals, I would suggest finding a board which that is it's primary focus.

Otherwise, you're just trolling here to get a rise.

On a side note: It is my belief that you are too hateful to have truly embraced God.

Reactions: rawr and j654dgj7
Barnabas,

Barnabas,

You think you can use my trick but you can't.

You don't get to do this because you aren't legit. You have no cred. Nobody here believes you, so you're just making yourself look worse.

Barnabas is legit. Even if he's wrong about some things he is still legit. You on the other hand are not legit even if you're right.

[video=youtube;w5yaK7xHWmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5yaK7xHWmU[/video]

You think you can use my trick but you can't.

You don't get to do this because you aren't legit. You have no cred. Nobody here believes you, so you're just making yourself look worse.

Barnabas is legit. Even if he's wrong about some things he is still legit. You on the other hand are not legit even if you're right.

[video=youtube;w5yaK7xHWmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5yaK7xHWmU[/video]

Barnabas is NOT legit at all.

What he says just pampers your ego.

Of course you'd rather hear that everything's OK then to hear that you're under the wrath of God.

But sadly, Barnabas is deceived. And he may be sincere, but he's lost and so are all of you.

God will most certainly damn you to Hell forever unless you have faith in his Son.

Seek his mercy while there is still time.

Barnabas is NOT legit at all.

What he says just pampers your ego.

Of course you'd rather hear that everything's OK then to hear that you're under the wrath of God.

But sadly, Barnabas is deceived. And he may be sincere, but he's lost and so are all of you.

God will most certainly damn you to Hell forever unless you have faith in his Son.

Seek his mercy while there is still time.

Hell doesn't offend me. You do. It's personal.

Hell doesn't offend me. You do. It's personal.

Well, if God doesn't save you, you will wake up in Hell, and all that I've said to you will echo for eternity.

You will forever regret, and be continually reminded of, every opportunity you had to repent.

Last edited:
[MENTION=11142]SovereignGrace[/MENTION]

Moreover Barnabas is legit. He is so legit that he could probably say what you're saying and get away with it.

Meanwhile you can't because it isn't even about what you're saying, it's you.

Reactions: rawr
I think @Sovereign Grace is correct in saying that theology should not be discussed as if it is matters of opinions. And this is more true for those who don't believe in christian theology, and thus might very easily interpret to their own destruction things that they don't understand, and neither they take time to truly understand.

There are alot of "new" things in these days, "eye opening" perspectives and a lot of new ideas, especialy with regard to christian theology. In light of the traditional christian theology, 99% out of them is trash.
Endless discussion without aim, just for purely philosophical sake, never bring any good. Especialy when the answer is very much known traditionaly and is clearly stated in the Bible.

I think @Sovereign Grace is correct in saying that theology should not be discussed as if it is matters of opinions. And this is more true for those who don't believe in christian theology, and thus might very easily interpret to their own destruction things that they don't understand, and neither they take time to truly understand.

There are alot of "new" things in these days, "eye opening" perspectives and a lot of new ideas, especialy with regard to christian theology. In light of the traditional christian theology, 99% out of them is trash.
Endless discussion without aim, just for purely philosophical sake, never bring any good. Especialy when the answer is very much known traditionaly and is clearly stated in the Bible.

Even just on a pragmatic level, he should stop preaching immediately if he's so on the fence about things.

But it's much more serious than that.

He doesn't even know who Christ is. And he doesn't know what Christ has done.

The whole of salvation depends on the fact that Christ has a sinless nature.

To be on the fence about that means he's not even saved. And he most certainly should not be preaching.

Even just on a pragmatic level, he should stop preaching immediately if he's so on the fence about things.

But it's much more serious than that.

He doesn't even know who Christ is. And he doesn't know what Christ has done.

The whole of salvation depends on the fact that Christ has a sinless nature.

To be on the fence about that means he's not even saved. And he most certainly should not be preaching.

Perhaps it is possible you have missunderstood the question of the thread :D :D :D

The OP is about wether Jesus could have sinned, in a purely potential sense. He asks, "While Jesus was sinless, could he possibly sinned if He wanted to? There was the potential for Jesus to sin?"

He is not denying that Jesus was sinless, which is true.
At least this is how I understood it, I hope I'm not wrong. And perhaps you understood it correctly too, in which case, my bad :)

Perhaps it is possible you have missunderstood the question of the thread :D :D :D

The OP is about wether Jesus could have sinned, in a purely potential sense. He asks, "While Jesus was sinless, could he possibly sinned if He wanted to? There was the potential for Jesus to sin?"

He is not denying that Jesus was sinless, which is true.
At least this is how I understood it, I hope I'm not wrong. And perhaps you understood it correctly too, in which case, my bad :)

No, I asked him for clarification, and he said he's on the fence.

Here's his response:
I'm interested in the opinions of the members of the forum, I come here to listen and converse because find these people to be interesting and or insightful. It's an interesting question that came out of my friends theology class that had moderately split answers, most were on board with him not being able to sin few my friend included were of the opinion that he could have sinned but did not.

This verse was posted already by justme, but I'll post it again:
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. - John 3:9

In light of this verse, it is obviously Jesus could not have sinned. He was the Son of God, born from God.
That's why I think is a paradox. In a purely potential sense, He could have sinned, because He had a free will, just like every man. But he was born from God, and He could not sin.

I think another issue is that we're on a board that has a variety of different belief systems. It's not just Christian faiths. So when someone poses a question to a variety of faiths with different perspectives, the answers that come forth will be individual opinions that are laden with specific belief systems.

While you might hold that the answer is not an opinion it is a fact, someone that doesn't view Christianity like you, would argue that it's your opinion, not fact. Neither is wrong, neither is right.

The problem with Sovereign Grace is that it expects us all to adhere to it's belief system- and fails to acknowledge that it's on a board which caters to a vast number of perspectives.

If it wants to debate about Christianity and it's benefits, and be around those with similar opinions, it should go to another board. Otherwise, it's just trolling here for responses.

Reactions: rawr
Status
Not open for further replies.