Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 92 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

All that we are doing is delaying things. Whenever we reopen infections will spike unless we have a vaccine. The economic consequences of keeping the entire country nonetheless the world on lockdown for 18+ months until a vaccine is discovered is unforgivable.

We have to reopen. People are going to die. That's life unfortunately.

This is my point.
We don't have those resources.
And the states that claim they do can be underwater before they know it if this isn't done properly.
The curve needs to go down before we can reopen anything.

Testing I agree. Ventilators - we should be there in a few weeks.

And the curve is flattening in Cali. We shouldn't reopen for a few more weeks but low infection areas can open sooner. At the very least for local businesses.

Reactions: slant and Skarekrow
I'm not sure if you understand what I'm saying. I'm saying a lot of people in Utah already had the coronavirus. They've already had it and built up the antibodies. And we have enough respirators. And our hospitals are not overwhelmed. And we have a statistically younger population than the rest of the country which works too our advantage because young people are far more likely to recover from it.
I'm saying that the non-symptomatic people will come in because you open the borders and infect those who are most at risk.

I'm saying that the non-symptomatic people will come in because you open the borders and infect those who are most at risk.
Not if the most at risk people are staying at home. We already have a ton of asymptomatic people running around here anyway.

Also we are able to test to see if people are infected at the border even if they are asymptomatic

Reactions: Skarekrow
All that we are doing is delaying things. Whenever we reopen infections will spike unless we have a vaccine. The economic consequences of keeping the entire country nonetheless the world on lockdown for 18+ months until a vaccine is discovered is unforgivable.

Former nations have collapsed for less of a shutdown.

The fact we're still going is a wonder of modern economies. But even that is limited.

Reactions: slant
Testing I agree. Ventilators - we should be there in a few weeks.

And the curve is flattening in Cali. We shouldn't reopen for a few more weeks but low infection areas can open sooner. At the very least for local businesses.
It's plateauing, not falling.
Almost there but not quite.
I'm not disagreeing.

Reactions: slant
Utah is probably ready to open by May. Each area had to assess their own ability
We shall see what happens.
If deaths begin to rise then this discussion will answer itself.

True, there WILL be a small spike, the question will be if its managable.

Its not an exact science. Sadly its going to be trial and error. We don't have a choice.

Reactions: Skarekrow and slant
Even if it does, that's obviously necessary.

Social distancing isn't curing covid. It's DELAYING it. Of course when things open people are going to get infected and die. Absolutely. Until we have a vaccine that is simply reality

True, there WILL be a small spike, the question will be if its managable.

Its not an exact science. Sadly its going to be trial and error. We don't have a choice.
That's where you and I don't see eye to eye, sorry.
Preventable deaths are just that.

I guess working in surgery and emergency medicine gives me a slightly different POV.
Good luck everyone.
I don't want to go in circles with you all here.
Much love!
:<3white:

That's where you and I don't see eye to eye, sorry.
Preventable deaths are just that.

If you remain closed people are still going to die.

But this will be thanks due to unemployment and businesses collapsing. Its death, just delayed.

Cut a finger off and plough on or we let the entire body become gangrenous and infected.

There are no good choices. This is life.

Reactions: Skarekrow and slant
In a sense... The reason why swedens numbers are higher is the science behind it.

There are not trying to delay it. They are allowing it to spread and eventually a herd immunity will develop. Sure more people will die initially, but at the end of this it will be interesting to contrast the overall numbers: how many people died during multiple outbreaks vs their one massive outbreak.

What's going to happen, as did during the Spanish flu, things will reopen when the curve goes down with protective measures. Then when the outbreak gets too bad it will shut down again. I would say 2-3 month cycles. Sweden has decided to avoid this and just allow it all to happen at once so of course they have more deaths.

The question is: will they have more deaths after we stop socially isolating?

I doubt it

If you remain closed people are still going to die.

But this will be thanks due to unemployment and businesses collapsing. Its death, just delayed.

Cut a finger off and plough on or we let the entire body become gangrenous and infected.

There are no good choices. This is life.
You know that 80% of the stimulus went to millionaires and billionaires right?
There are choices...greed is causing more death.
Said spike doesn't have to happen.
Again, preventable death are just that - preventable.
Deaths will occur, but it can be controlled and lowered.
That doesn't matter to drippy dick Don though.

I guess working in surgery and emergency medicine gives me a slightly different POV.
Good luck everyone.
I don't want to go in circles with you all here.
Much love!
:<3white:

Fair enough. I respect your opinion and desire to save as many as possible. I disagree on the solution.

But isn't that the case every day with politics?

All the best mate.

You know that 80% of the stimulus went to millionaires and billionaires right?
There are choices...greed is causing more death.
Said spike doesn't have to happen.
Again, preventable death are just that - preventable.
Deaths will occur, but it can be controlled and lowered.
That doesn't matter to drippy dick Don though.

Agreed. The cuts to millionaries and billionares was unnecessary. Don't dispute that.

That said it doesn't change the point I'm making.

Collapsing supply lines are very bad. Just because the US is paying its people doesn't mean other countries are.

If those businesses dependant on the US collapse because the US isn't buying then they wont be there when the US DOES restart.

Agreed. The cuts to millionaries and billionares was unnecessary. Don't dispute that.

That said it doesn't change the point I'm making.

Collapsing supply lines are very bad. Just because the US is paying its people doesn't mean other countries are.

If those businesses dependant on the US collapse because the US isn't buying then they wont be there when the US DOES restart.
Maybe defunding the WHO wasn't a smart idea then.