conservatives and history both seem to repeat themselves | INFJ Forum

conservatives and history both seem to repeat themselves

Blind Bandit

Blind Man Being Lead to Nowhere
Donor
Jan 28, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
This is a great article and to me seems so obvious its almost pointless to say. But its clear not all others feel this way. The question is can the United States ever Truly wake up?

http://www.politicalbull.net/conservatives_selfish_arguement.html

intro paragraph
Conservatives are holding their breath like spoiled children until they get their way the same as they did just before they seceded from the Union in 1860. Do we give the babies their bottle or do we stand-up to them until they walk out of the Union again?

What are your thoughts on this?

Reactions: muir
I'm quite sleepy at the moment so I'm not going to make a thorough post until later if I remember but this article, from what I've read, just seems like a typical generalized and polarized rendition of history. It brings up the glaring flaws in the conservative political agendas but it almost completely ignores the complexity of some of the issues. Either way: it depends on what you mean by "wake up". If you mean a more liberal out take on politics, then no. Most likely not. If you mean that people will actually understand the issues swarming around them, I'd like to think that we're getting to the point where we need to.

I bailed on the conservative approach years ago and have little use for all but a few of their ideas. Normally I would say nothing but this next Congress could be a doozie!!

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Your quote made me think of Gandhi for some reason.

There is talk that congress is going to attempt to change and or get rid of the filibuster all together. Which I am quite exicted to hear about. For one it will prevent this from happening a lot anymore, and two it will make productivity in the senate go up (which really needs to happen).

There is talk that congress is going to attempt to change and or get rid of the filibuster all together. Which I am quite exicted to hear about. For one it will prevent this from happening a lot anymore, and two it will make productivity in the senate go up (which really needs to happen).

+1