Complete antithesis of an INFJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Complete antithesis of an INFJ

I don't understand what having all the power means? SJs hold the material power. Do you mean mental power and will power?

Basically that the INFJ can, over time, subtly control everyone around them. Whether for good or evil depends on the individual's intentions. So if for example you have a bad ESTJ boss, and if you wanted to, you could turn everyone else against them. You befriend your coworkers, except for the boss. You pick up threads of conversations, comments and manipulate them - using your perfect understanding of group dynamics to shift the real balance of power in your favour. You question the fairness of orders - you reveal to your coworkers why demands are unreasonable - you empathise with their predicament - you help them out and go beyond your duties to ensure others are able to cope - and they rely on you for that.
Sure the boss still gives the orders, but you plant seeds of doubt, of subversion amongst your coworkers. You start a silent revolution. The boss knows something is going on - they suspect it's you behind it, but they can't pinpoint exactly how or when it all went wrong. They think of you as weak - they don't understand the strength that lies in your empathy of others - of listening - building individiual relationships with your coworkers - the loyalty to you that is ensured by this. Over time, as your relationships with other workers grow, so does your power to influence their responses to your boss. The boss loses power at the same rate - their power is muted - their orders are gradually filtered through you - the seeds you planted earlier blossom and fruit when your coworkers rally around you to see how to respond to the ESTJ demands which they blindly followed before you showed them an alternative - kindness.

This is how to destroy an ESTJ boss. It takes time, and unless it's a fight worth fighting - against someone who is a really nasty and bullying tyrant, then I'd recommend moving on. Not all ESTJs are evil. Some have good intentions. You can use your influencing abilities to support these good natured folk, just as you can use your power to take out the bad guys.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Basically that the INFJ can, over time, subtly control everyone around them. Whether for good or evil depends on the individual's intentions. So if for example you have a bad ESTJ boss, and if you wanted to, you could turn everyone else against them. You befriend your coworkers, except for the boss. You pick up threads of conversations, comments and manipulate them - using your perfect understanding of group dynamics to shift the real balance of power in your favour. You question the fairness of orders - you reveal to your coworkers why demands are unreasonable - you empathise with their predicament - you help them out and go beyond your duties to ensure others are able to cope - and they rely on you for that.
Sure the boss still gives the orders, but you plant seeds of doubt, of subversion amongst your coworkers. You start a silent revolution. The boss knows something is going on - they suspect it's you behind it, but they can't pinpoint exactly how or when it all went wrong. They think of you as weak - they don't understand the strength that lies in your empathy of others - of listening - building individiual relationships with your coworkers - the loyalty to you that is ensured by this. Over time, as your relationships with other workers grow, so does your power to influence their responses to your boss. The boss loses power at the same rate - their power is muted - their orders are gradually filtered through you - the seeds you planted earlier blossom and fruit when your coworkers rally around you to see how to respond to the ESTJ demands which they blindly followed before you showed them an alternative - kindness.

This is how to destroy an ESTJ boss. It takes time, and unless it's a fight worth fighting - against someone who is a really nasty and bullying tyrant, then I'd recommend moving on. Not all ESTJs are evil. Some have good intentions. You can use your influencing abilities to support these good natured folk, just as you can use your power to take out the bad guys.

As much as I don't think I can and I would rather not admit it. I've done this to some degree not with a boss but with other groups.

The only thing I can add is if you wish to keep control of your environment no matter what it may be. No matter who may be trying to cause damage. Never let your self get angry and fall into shadow. The ESTP shadow of the INFJ is rather sloppy and can't execute the subtle actions needed of group actions.

Our shadow makes mistakes a normal INFJ wouldn't be caught dead making.

Last edited:
As an INFJ, you're actually in control of everything. ESTJ bosses hate that. They can't fight your power, because they don't know what it is or how you do it. If she has a good heart, you can use your power to bring peace and harmony to the workplace. If on the other hand she's a mean spirited bitch, then perhaps finding a new job would be the kindest thing.

Explains much. This person is a co worker, who changed the schedule in accordance with corporate and union rules, so no recourse there for me. My boss is a similar type, but if I talk in terms of dollars she does hear me. I just can't seem to find common ground with the ESTJ.

I had already decided to transfer to another department, but that will take time. So I am going to get some nice shiny new credentials in some other field so I can make a move when I can't really take this anymore. Considering pharmacy or optometry if my science and math is strong enough.

Thank you everyone for your input. Keep it coming if any other ideas come up.

-Shannon-

murder her.

That is way too complicated. I'd rather just key their car.

Actually, that is quite effective. Bad example, but think of the movie mean girls, haha.