Communist China Anniversary | INFJ Forum

Communist China Anniversary

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Azure_Knight, Sep 30, 2009.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by Azure_Knight
  1. Azure_Knight

Azure_Knight Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    N/A
    Enneagram:
    N/A
  2. bamf

bamf Is Watching You
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Meh
    Enneagram:
    Meh
    I think the way the article is written is horribly biased. Honestly I don't care if they decide to carry through with it. It's red lights on a building for goodness sake.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. the

the Si master race.
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I suppose it is fine, but if I was China I wouldnt appreciate a gift that cost nothing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. corvidae

corvidae ohai internets
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    ?
    China is only communist in name. The main focus of the government the past few decades has been GDP. Having visited China often, and knowing the culture, I wouldn't make a big deal of it.

Also, it would be a good idea not to offend 1.4 billion people. Even if we stereotypically avoid conflict.

5. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Nice. China could be a big threat to the U.S.A. if people keep egging them on to war. It's actions like these that help to bring nations together.

The USA has always been rather Pro-Kuomintang and Anti-Communism, celebrating chinas revolution is a rather big step forward, and this time it's not in words which are free, but in lighting up an American monument.

I Salute Thee.

Utter fool. Red isn't a Communist Colour. Just a few months ago they were fighting it out over the Red and Blue. Red also means Republican.

Of course, then the Politicians go ahead and ruin what could be a good step forward for international relations and the diffusing of a ticking bomb.

6. daydreamer

daydreamer Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFP
    Enneagram:
    I forget
    I don't agree with communism, but I don't see why they can'ts celebrate it. It sounds fine to me.

7. TheLastMohican

TheLastMohican Captain Obvious
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    Type me.
    More correctly, red isn't just a Communist color. Besides, the colors on the Empire State Building were red and yellow, meant to evoke the Chinese flag, not its Communism.

8. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

Yeah, but I was replying to a specific quote that said red was the colour of communism.