Come hell or high water...

Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
Dec 27, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
What are things (or goals, or targets) that you believe it MUST be fulfilled, come hell or high water?

What are the reasons?

Reactions: dneecey
A giant being to be defeated.

Because, it would sure be a hell of a way to go.

Preservation of self.
You must never become disillusioned.

No matter what, always do what suits yourself, all day every day. Promises are just words, and obligations that have no brute force to be enforced are of no effect. Values and ethics are just rote programming. Power, strength and force. That is what humanity's been about and will be about until extinction. We are ugly, petty, selfish and pathetic. The only thing that separates us from lesser species is our capacity for consciousness and self-awareness. And even still we choose to spend our lives fulfilling our selfish whims above all else. What is there that is worth preserving?

Love

Independence..I am happiest when I'm fully in control of my own affairs and am willing to go to great lengths and work myself ragged to achieve and maintain that.

Independence..I am happiest when I'm fully in control of my own affairs and am willing to go to great lengths and work myself ragged to achieve and maintain that.

Yes, independence is good.

Independence is an illusion.

Reactions: Lea and lenina
Independence is an illusion.
I don't entirely disagree with you.

Having to work to make a living makes one dependent... but one can still choose how or where to work or what to do to make a living.
Maybe I should have said, having a good degree of independence.

My way of life is more preferable to me than someone who can't make a living for themselves and has to live totally off the mercy of others... or someone who lives in a disempowering and controlling situation.
I'll take what freedoms my own personal efforts afford me and be happy with that.

Preservation of self.
You must never become disillusioned.

Mine's close, just substitute self for integrity.

I suppose that I would agree with Hoggle in saying that Love is the thing that I absolutely must do, come hell or highwater. Namely, because loving is the highest form of expressing myself that I can think of. It's who I am, and in doing such I am being true to that self, to myself.

Dying... well, that may be the hell or high water for some... so I'm not sure. I personally don't want to die, but it's something that everyone must do, come hell or high water. Other than that, there's really nothing that must be done.

Dying... well, that may be the hell or high water for some... so I'm not sure. I personally don't want to die, but it's something that everyone must do, come hell or high water. Other than that, there's really nothing that must be done.

Granted, this is true. So I'll rephrase the question.. if that is okay with the OP... Is there something you feel inside of yourself, or think about in a consistent manner, that you ought to do before the inevitable act of dying?

Oh and if so, what are the reasons?

Granted, this is true. So I'll rephrase the question.. if that is okay with the OP... Is there something you feel inside of yourself, or think about in a consistent manner, that you ought to do before the inevitable act of dying?

Oh and if so, what are the reasons?

I think the OP might bite your head off for that, actually. It would not surprise me, since the Trifoilum species is known for two things: 1) disguising themselves as brownies to earn your trust and 2) revealing their true form before devouring your head. Trifoilums are kind of like praying mantises, except with more chocolate and less sex.

I guess I just want to find that one thing I actually want to do before I die... however, I'm sure that won't happen and I'll just continue going through the motions of a daily life.

Reactions: dneecey
I think the OP might bite your head off for that, actually. It would not surprise me, since the Trifoilum species is known for two things: 1) disguising themselves as brownies to earn your trust and 2) revealing their true form before devouring your head. Trifoilums are kind of like praying mantises, except with more chocolate and less sex.

I guess I just want to find that one thing I actually want to do before I die... however, I'm sure that won't happen and I'll just continue going through the motions of a daily life.

Yikes!!! The chocolate part sounds great! The no sex... and head biting.... not so much. Eeeep!

*runs and hides*

Hahahahahahahahahaha XD No worries, I won't bite -- yet. <33 I like you guys~yet.

[MENTION=1060]dneecey[/MENTION], you're spot on. <3

I agree with [MENTION=2926]Bird[/MENTION] regarding preservation of self except, I believe it's only truly possible when one is completely stripped of all illusion, a painful process indeed.

Mine would have to be honor. I think the concept encompasses many of the traits already mentioned.