Closing a Thread: Warning! Graphic picture | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Closing a Thread: Warning! Graphic picture

Burn it down... Burn it down to the ground!

[video=youtube;e-M4WXov2lM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-M4WXov2lM[/video]

Reactions: Free
Do you know why oppressive governments silence criticism?

Because silence is easily confused for acceptance.

I am not silencing your criticism and have never indicated that you shouldn't state your opinion. In fact I wish you would. What I disagree with is everyone's tact. I was hoping for a kind of 'guiding a misinformed individual into enlightenment' but instead everyone is jumping around yelling pointing the finger at him saying shut him up! Kick him out!

Closing the threads is equivalent to silencing the discussion, which is why I agree with Grayman. I believe it better to continue to post why they are incorrect and show contradictory information in order to challenge their beliefs. Even if they never acknowledge in the thread itself, they will always remember that information that contradicted what they wanted to believe to be true.

Edit: Even if they're trolls and they're huge assholes, then I have a good reason to be an asshole right back and let off a little steam (I enjoy being an asshole from time to time) and anybody else who happens to be reading will still be able to read and assess the truth for themselves.

Last edited:
I am not silencing your criticism and have never indicated that you shouldn't state your opinion. In fact I wish you would. What I disagree with is everyone's tact. I was hoping for a kind of 'guiding a misinformed individual into enlightenment' but instead everyone is jumping around yelling pointing the finger at him saying shut him up! Kick him out!
Well don't you dare ever get frustrated or sick of something after saying this.

Closing the threads is equivalent to silencing the discussion, which is why I agree with Grayman. I believe it better to continue to post why they are incorrect and show contradictory information in order to challenge their beliefs. Even if they never acknowledge in the thread itself, they will always remember that information that contradicted what they wanted to believe to be true.

Edit: Even if they're trolls and they're huge assholes, then I have a good reason to be an asshole right back and let off a little steam (I enjoy being an asshole from time to time) and anybody else who happens to be reading will still be able to read and assess the truth for themselves.

It's not like the thread got deleted. Moreover there was nothing new to see. It can still serve its educational purpose just fine.

[MENTION=9860]Grayman[/MENTION]

Also 'guiding a misinformed individual into enlightenment?' As if that would ever happen.

@Grayman shows his wisdom. Just look at how almost everyone is acting. Good for you, @Free2be .

I will reply.....later. So, have at it everyone.

@Grayman shows his wisdom. Just look at how almost everyone is acting. Good for you, @Free2be .

I will reply.....later. So, have at it everyone.

Sorry. I can't be held accountable for my kittens.

I mean, just look at them

Cutest-Kittens-4.gif

Reactions: Sloe Djinn
It was never a debate. It's not a debate if I claim to know your birthday better than you, or your home address. It was hate-speech versus reality. Besides, like [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] said, the thread hasn't been deleted. Opinions were shared, hate was spewed. Should we have kept going around in circles?

My best friend is gay, and he's always known. If you claim that he's living a wrongful existence, or that he's confused, I will not go silent. Keep your hate out of his life, or we're going to have a problem.

It was never a debate. It's not a debate if I claim to know your birthday better than you, or your home address. It was hate-speech versus reality. Besides, like [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] said, the thread hasn't been deleted. Opinions were shared, hate was spewed. Should we have kept going around in circles?

My best friend is gay, and he's always known. If you claim that he's living a wrongful existence, or that he's confused, I will not go silent. Keep your hate out of his life, or we're going to have a problem.

Not to mention that some of us have been dealing with this for a long time, and it doesn't feel like there is much of a difference or even a break between 'discussions'. It's like one huge 20 or 30 or even more years debacle.

Listen to the same record for 20 years straight and see if you don't want it to shut up. Not even destroy it, just get a break from it. You could even archive it and play it later if you REALLY wanted to. But some of us need a rest and shouldn't be blamed by people who are obviously less frustrated and therefore cannot relate.

Edit:
And if you get the big idea to just avoid it then you find yourself pushed out of place after place and it begins to feel like you're being invaded because it comes to you where you are. No matter what it seems. You start feeling like a refugee.

Last edited:

I respect that viewpoint, but really, how many bigots will be changed by a polite interchange of ideas. If I believe that all black people are evil and a mistake of nature, it's unlikely I'm capable of accepting a logical point of view.

Amad has shown as clear as he possibly can, his intolerance and hate for homosexuality and transexuality. Something he's probably harbored for years and likely was brought up with. Suggesting that you can just guide him into enlightenment, that you can overwrite years of rigid misguided thinking may be overestimating your power of persuasion.

Actually I asked a question. So really, you cant say everyone. You can say most...just not everyone.

Sorry. I can't be held accountable for my kittens.

I mean, just look at them

Cutest-Kittens-4.gif

Pure evil. I vote to kick hush for such evil posting.

Last edited:
My solution is to fill the world with kittens instead of hate.

tumblr_nags1jusYa1tw5bhko1_400.gif

Kitten01.gif

Kittens just poppin' up everywhere.

giphy.gif

Kittens are hate. Hate incarnate.

I should apologize but will not. Actually maybe I shouldn't apologize. Apparently there is some other background discussion taking place here for those "in the know."
I only thought [MENTION=680]just me[/MENTION] was doing a "why god why!" and having a religion break down of sorts. I of course completely willing to come in and console the advent of enlightenment.
I am willing to focus my unrelenting logic on the problem...if there is one. I cant tell at this point. [MENTION=9809]La Sagna[/MENTION] knows my logic cannot be disputed and has tried to do me a kindness by saying it is nit complete or absolute. However we all kniw differently. So let us strip away all non relevant arguments here and go after the central agitator.

Reactions: La Sagna
I really don't understand what the debate is really about here. Congenital twins does nothing to prove or disprove the existence of God or explain the purpose of life; we are all just here fumbling around in the dark, trying to navigate through and understand our crazy existence like every other human down through to the first hominid. Life is not perfect. Genes "make" mistakes, development goes awry, such is life. Our nature makes us care(or not) about the misfortunes of others and how we are by chance more fortunate. We are fortunate to first be alive and to live comfortable, secure lives, but it could've been any one of us. It is the "mishaps" that remind us that our language and philosophies often fall short of total understanding and it frightens many of us because we come to find that we don't have answers to the questions we've sought our whole lives.

I should apologize but will not. Actually maybe I shouldn't apologize. Apparently there is some other background discussion taking place here for those "in the know."
I only thought [MENTION=680]just me[/MENTION] was doing a "why god why!" and having a religion break down of sorts. I of course completely willing to come in and console the advent of enlightenment.
I am willing to focus my unrelenting logic on the problem...if there is one. I cant tell at this point. [MENTION=9809]La Sagna[/MENTION] knows my logic cannot be disputed and has tried to do me a kindness by saying it is nit complete or absolute. However we all kniw differently. So let us strip away all non relevant arguments here and go after the central agitator.

Don't bring me into this, lol. Of course I know that your logic cannot be disputed (bows reverentially).

Truthfully I don't believe that any human being is completely logical, and those who say that they leave emotions out really don't, they just only allow the emotions that they believe worthy, such as disdain, anger... plus any discussions that include a human component would not be complete without taking emotions into account.

In the case of a thread like this I think that it has became a circus sideshow. I don't believe that anyone has the moral high ground when the discussion takes the shape that it has. The best would have been to just leave the OP alone, with no answer, and not close it. That's my opinion.