Catholic Sexual Abuse Scandals | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Catholic Sexual Abuse Scandals

Perhaps because you choose to ignore any of the good things it has brought (and continues to bring) to the world. You seems quite selective in your perceptions, nevermind the misperceptions.
The good things it has brought are totally doable without having to align oneself with an ideal that brings negativity in tandem with positivity. It is THAT stark difference that leads me to ponder why so many people feel religion is the obvious/only way or first choice when it comes to doing good.

WOW okay I'll TRY to answer these "nose bleed" questions ahahahahahaha
are they even questions?? hehehe I guess some aren't :) :p

I agree with rejection of contraceptives :) if you don't want to have babies then don't have sex... why would you want to have sex anyways? to have babies. If you wanna have sex for fun can't you be sensitive enough that what you're doing will have consequences.. so if you have sex for fun you should be ready to face the consequences and take care of that baby.. using contraceptives is like depriving people life.
Are you calling sperm people? I'm sorry but there are more important things in our world that worrying about the 'human' rights of single cell tadpoles.

Original sin.... well the Church teaches that we inherit the consequences of the sin of Adam and eve and not their personal sin itself. THEIR personal sin is the "original sin" itself. but original sin refers to its consequences.
so we lost the original state of harmony and friendship with God because sin that we continue to feel until today
Well then Adam and Eve were a right couple of bastards to lumber every subsequent generation of humanity with the consequences of their wayward behaviour. I'm sure I'd feel a much fuller person believing I have inherited God's displeasure because of the antics of a couple of mythical humans, one of which was magically created by the rib of the other.

the third one about redemption... the Church does not teach us to chuck our misdeeds and become innocent of a crime without paying for it. Christ redeemed us and He is the greatest sacrifice God gave but it doesn't mean that we are free from all of our sins... I mean we are human and it's our responsibility to fight against temptation and learn with the Church and try to understand and live the Gospels we learn everyday or Sundays.
You say that as if constantly fighting temptation and natural desires is a natural trait of humanity. Being able to regulate our lives without divine intervention or the dogmas of sects is far more commendable that constantly thinking you're not good enough in the eyes of your church. How does your church ensure you have paid for your sins btw?

How do I know what? Which one that I feel rejected or how do I know that I have a real God that I believe in?

I guess the second one hehehehe

And what

The good things it has brought are totally doable without having to align oneself with an ideal that brings negativity in tandem with positivity. It is THAT stark difference that leads me to ponder why so many people feel religion is the obvious/only way or first choice when it comes to doing good.

Are you calling sperm people? I'm sorry but there are more important things in our world that worrying about the 'human' rights of single cell tadpoles.

Well then Adam and Eve were a right couple of bastards to lumber every subsequent generation of humanity with the consequences of their wayward behaviour. I'm sure I'd feel a much fuller person believing I have inherited God's displeasure because of the antics of a couple of mythical humans, one of which was magically created by the rib of the other.

You say that as if constantly fighting temptation and natural desires is a natural trait of humanity. Being able to regulate our lives without divine intervention or the dogmas of sects is far more commendable that constantly thinking you're not good enough in the eyes of your church. How does your church ensure you have paid for your sins btw?

Well, firstly, there's nothing 'wrong' in the sense that it is 'not a good thing' to believe in a God or a religion, but there is something 'wrong' in the sense that, well, it is practically beyond all doubt.. wrong. It only becomes 'wrong' in the sense that is is not a good thing when it occupies a central platform in a society, is given special respects and royalties and everyone has to align their lives to established archaic dogmas or traditions.

I find it nothing short of quite hilarious that you are happy in believing something yet fully aknowledge there's no tangible proof of it. That is indicative of either not wanting to grow up (similar to Santa) or fear (not believing it would go against how your were brought up and potentially have mythical punishments awaiting you).

Erm, NOTHING? Depends how keen you are to understand your world, understand why things are and how they happened and leave the door open to discovery and exploration, depends how inquisitive and interested you are. If you're happy with having one huge tick to mark all the boxes of life, then fine. I am not out to change you, just out to make my points and get some reasons why you believe what you do.

What you evidently have not learned is that there is a VERY prevalent flip side to your faith.

Well, you're right, none of what you wrote gave me a satisfactory answer as to the reasons for believing a faith, but you mentioning the small area where you live and it's relation to Catholicism was interesting. I can imagine that a small community where the 'good side' of religion (which are basically adopted from humanity, not the other way around) were practised every day would make for a harmonious society. Though that is a somewhat 'head in the sand' outlook. But in the end, you as an individual are evidently kind hearted and that is what matters. So believe what you want, I have no business in poo-pooing you. But I will reserve every right to take a jolly good shit on any globe-straddling, human-hijacking religion I have cause to :D

Have a good night.

Hello again .. it's good afternoon here
:m057:
ohhhh :m097:can I not think about this? :m049:

:p ahahahaha:m100: how can you take over analyzing things???

bwahahahahaha

I'm going to mass later :)

Reactions: Barnabas