Car Stereotyping | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Car Stereotyping

Do you ever stereotype someone about the type of car (truck/suv/van) they drive?

Only in that I think SUV drivers must not like to drive, given the high center of gravity, poor handling, great mass, and so on. But that’s just me, thinking how all those things are the antithesis of what I like.

Beyond that, no.

-Would your perception be changed if the age of the person driving that car was different? (Young vs. Old)

No.

-Do you think the type of car someone drives can give a slight hint of the type of person they are? (Well grounded/successful/wealthy/cheap/careless, etc.)

Not really.

-What are some stereotypes you've given some people who drive certain cars or car brands?

I have sometimes thought Toyota Camry drivers to be conservative drivers, but then I will see someone spanking one, and I let go of it.

-Have you made prejudgments based on how someone's kept the inside of their cars? (Dirty/clean/messy/scented)

No, I just note it.

-How do you feel about cars and car brands? Are you a car enthusiast? If so, what car companies do you favor, and why?

I used to not care, and then something changed in me in the last few years. Yes, I like cars, love them even. I like the car companies that make cars that are rewarding for the driving experience.

Porsche, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, to name a few of the more common brands, but there is also admiration for Lotus, McLaren, Ferrari, Koenigsegg, Bugatti, and so on, and things like Morgan and Caterham and suchlike.

And the motorsport arms of Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, and so on, also make some lovely cars.

-Does hearing other people play music loudly in their car bother you? Whether you're in the car, or traffic wise? Do you play your music loud?

No, I enjoy and appreciate loud music, even if it is not something to my liking. Sometimes I like the loud for being loud. I never play my music loud, or much at all, because it is distracting to me, and I like listening to the engine of my car.

-(offtopic) Have you ever made eye contact with people in the cars around you? If so, what do you do, and how do you feel?

Yes, sometimes. Sometimes as a way to chill in traffic I will dance in my seat to a song I love. I have thumbs-upped people, and a couple of times blown a kiss.

-(offtopic) Do you decorate the exterior/interior of your car? (stickers/rims/custom plates/body kit/stereos, etc.)

Nope. Stock, stock, stock. Though I would like a 2JZ, fool that I am.

Cheers,
Ian