Brain stuck. Can't decide. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Brain stuck. Can't decide.

C-PTSD yeah that must be very tough and will definitely take time to work through. I remember when i was exactly your age trying to get through tertiary education with social phobia. It wasnt easy, i remember being frightened much of the time, i experienced at least a few panic attacks a day, i was often hyper vigilant and even paranoid.

I found as i continued through the course that my brain was focused on two things; the stuff that i was learning and also the internal issues which would be occuring at the same time. Sometimes the internal issues would overtake learning and it was always an effort to refocus on my priorities. If it wasn't for my passion i would have given up early on the constant battle.

But the things is, i found that after time (2 and a half years) my passion did go away, i found that the result of me trying to push myself through school at that period, was that i had depleted my motivational stores to continue.

Anyway, i think you would do well to take the time to address your issues with C-PTSD. I think you also need to challenge your beliefs too, just because your previous tutors, teachers, etc were too inept/impatient to meet your learning needs, it doesnt mean that your not intelligent or have a great capacity to learn. But hey thats all im saying, what is important is that "you" believe that.

Also have you thought about part time correspondence courses of study? With a course like that you wouldn't need to attend school each day, perhaps only pop in every two to four weeks to touch base.

Last edited:
Film is it

Your opening line says it all. You want to be passionate about something but have someone else make the decisions for you. That sounds more like a producer or film editor than a director, doesn't it? Good luck!

- J, CPA