Boundaries | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Boundaries

A man's Dad was causing so many problems, he took his Dad's keys and drove the car home with him one evening....without the wisdom of Solomon. His Dad had a new Cadillac parked in front of his house the next afternoon.

Walked past a home to and from school as a child. They had a Doberman. There was no fence, but the dog actually knew where people should and should not be. We, also, knew where his boundary was. He would bark until we passed the property.
Still remember that dog over 50 years later.

Found this quote that is interesting:

setting-boundary-quote-4-hikendip.jpg

That must concern something specific, as most people have some form of boundary.

I sometimes think it might be human nature to see how far they can go.

Reactions: John K
I also like the quote,

A lack of boundaries creates a lack of respect.

In this, I feel all involved would benefit to learn.

I also like the quote,

A lack of boundaries creates a lack of respect.

In this, I feel all involved would benefit to learn.

I think like with many other things there are negative as well as positive aspects to boundaries. I haven't done this for a long time now, but in the past I have put boundaries around myself that have been barriers and locked myself inside them, and nursed my feelings of alienation. I didn't have any Doberman's of the mind patrolling my borders snarling at people to keep away - though some people do that - I tended to "keep it secret keep it safe". This wasn't good, and over the years I have come to value very highly indeed good friends and family who have pushed through my barriers uninvited, and brought me out from behind them. There's always going to be risks when this happens, but there are far greater risks, at least for me, if I stay locked up within my inner world.

My roommate says that she doesn't have boundaries. What she means is that she doesn't respect other peoples boundaries. She's crazy as shit. If somebody doesn't respect your boundaries, RUN.

Reactions: Wyote