AhSver

ASHVER
Donor
Sep 26, 2009
MBTI
INFP...
Enneagram
the coolest one
Well, the news are the original Black Sabbath (Ozzy, Iommy, Butler, Ward) are coming up with the brand new LP and are hitting the road for an epic tour.. That was an exciting news to me, gives me a real chance to see them live before the dudes are too old. If they are gonna be in Chicago I am going to be there 100% drinking PBR!

Well, the news are the original Black Sabbath (Ozzy, Iommy, Butler, Ward) are coming up with the brand new LP and are hitting the road for an epic tour.. That was an exciting news to me, gives me a real chance to see them live before the dudes are too old. If they are gonna be in Chicago I am going to be there 100% drinking PBR!

Uh...oookkkkkaaaayyyy

Ozzy sounds like crap live.

Besides only fairies wear boots guy, everyone knows that.

Say wahaat... He still sounds awesome live . Even when he pees in his pants and pores buckets of water onto himself to cover up.

Ewww!!!

And he sounds terrible! I saw him in the early 90's too. Can't imagine what he sounds like now. Hum...I think Lita Ford was the opening act so it was horrible all the way around.

I saw half of BS a few years ago and War Pigs was a religious experience, never seen the crowd going so wild before. Couldn't tell a difference from their early concerts :) They can pull it off. A few blood transfusions, luxury hotel rooms and some adrenaline should help.
I am going to see them even if they are in wheelchairs (which I hope that they won't get there and live well a few more decades at least).

you either love him or not. . .doesn't seems to be much middle ground. .

Sweet leeeaaafffff

Don't get me wrong [MENTION=4196]Spailpin[/MENTION], the music is fine but the live performance was terrible.

All the Black Sabbath guitarists were/are virtuosos, something sorely lacking into today's sorry excuse for rock ("indie" rock). Today's pop music is mediocrity personified, talent be damned. Barf me with a spoon as the old saying goes.

All the Black Sabbath guitarists were/are virtuosos, something sorely lacking into today's sorry excuse for rock ("indie" rock). Today's pop music is mediocrity personified, talent be damned. Barf me with a spoon as the old saying goes.

Gag me with a spoon, gag me....

I remember the first time I heard them.
I was about 12, and a neighbor kid had the album Paranoid. This would have been 1973 or so. Yeah, long time ago. :)
He played Iron Man and my brain lit up. That's it! I love that sound!
I was a Black Sabbath / Metal fan from thet day forward.
Think I will have to play some on my way home from work today!

I saw an interview with Ozzy where he talked about the music industry back in the early 70's.
They would give them a recording studio, and anything they asked for. As long as they came back out with an album 6 months later anything goes.
They had time to experiment and compose their music.

Now it really doesn't matter if you have talent or not. Heck, they will just mix it through an auto tuner anyways.
Which sounds like absolute shit to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Norton
I remember the first time I heard them.
I was about 12, and a neighbor kid had the album Paranoid. This would have been 1973 or so. Yeah, long time ago. :)
He played Iron Man and my brain lit up. That's it! I love that sound!
I was a Black Sabbath / Metal fan from thet day forward.
Think I will have to play some on my way home from work today!

I saw an interview with Ozzy where he talked about the music industry back in the early 70's.
They would give them a recording studio, and anything they asked for. As long as they came back out with an album 6 months later anything goes.
They had time to experiment and compose their music.

Now it really doesn't matter if you have talent or not. Heck, they will just mix it through an auto tuner anyways.
Which sounds like absolute shit to me.

Something I always noticed in my music career (that 10 year period after high school before I turned 28 and realized more musicians became dead rather than famous at that age) were the stories you would always hear about the early Rock musicians. It seemed like many guitarists practiced on a shoebox with rubber bands for years before ever owning a guitar. The fact that you owned an instrument meant that you were dedicated. There really wasn't as much competition in the industry since most people simply didn't have the instruments available to them, but those that did were damn good at playing them!

Black Sabbath was good but I'll be damned if I even want to hear what they sound like anymore! After not writing and touring for years, age starts to set in...

Black Sabbath was good but I'll be damned if I even want to hear what they sound like anymore! After not writing and touring for years, age starts to set in...

I was thinking on my way home last night as I was listening to a best of Black Sabbath CD this very thing.
How good of a drummer these days could Bill Ward be?
Maybe he has kept up on his skills I don't know. We shall see.
He looks like an old British banker.
For the most part I wish these older bands would leave well enough alone. Best to go out on top an be remembered as great than to risk being remembered as fools.

Nah, I think short of Arthritis, musicians playing an instrument can still be good in their older age as long as they maintain their training (I can give an example of a 60 year old drummer still hailed as one of the best alive!) The vocalists though, I think suffer the most. I mean Mick Jagger already sounded half-dead in the 60's, so it's not like age slowed him down any ;) But Ozzy sounded like he was on the verge of having a stroke with every song he'd sing... and that's when he was young!

Ozzy sounds like crap live!

I like to headbang to Sabbath along with all the old metalheads. BUT DAMN!! Ozzy was terrible.

Side Note: My sister went away to colllege and called over to our best friends house, where I was hanging out. Sis is a total feeler and was crying because she had been listening to Black Sabbath and it made her miss us. Uh, yea, can't talk about why...lets just say we had lots of fun when we listened to Black Sabbath. Anywho, our friend Maggies goes "you were listening to Black Sabbath? Alone? Sober? There's your problem".