Bill Cosby | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Bill Cosby

I haven't been following the story super closely, but I think he has "only" admitted to giving women sedative type drugs as part of a consensual sex act. Repugnant and suspicious yet, but this is not an admission to the outright sex assaults he is accused of. Like I said, I'm not up on this, so maybe you are referring to a different admission that I am not aware of.

He admitted under oath to giving a woman quaaludes and then having sex with her. She filed a lawsuit against him for sexual abuse, therefore I think it's safe to assume it wasn't consensual. ;)

This omission (which he thought would never see the light of day $$$) gives credibility to other women's claims of being drugged and sexually assaulted by Cosby. These women weren't privy to what went down in that court preceeding, yet, the scenerio that was described was strikingly similar to their encounters. It was another telling glimpse into his modus operandi.

And I agree with you. Just because 50+ women have accused him of sexual abuse doesn't make it any more true than if one woman did. But one legitimate omission is all it takes to be guilty.

Last edited:
I am not arguing that he did not commit many of the things he is accused of, but I always wonder how many were willing, consenting adults to these interactions are simply using the attention to gain publicity or money. Sounds like a few of these may have simply had unsatisfying experiences with Cosby, assuming he was going to wow them with his attention, celebrity, and maybe more, and when it didn't turn out how they wanted, then they decided this was a good opportunity to use their story as a victim's story when they, specifically, were not victims in their experiences with him. It's rather convenient. I think this is a disservice to real victims, whose experiences may be too easily discounted because false accusers are trying to get their 15 mins. in.

I don't know. The way I see it, he had a clean reputation to uphold and drugging these women was a major part of his plan to keep it just so.

Think about it. If he attempted to have sex with these women while they were conscious, that would give them the opportunity to remember enough detail for blackmail or outing him to the public and his wife. Too much left to chance. The sedatives were his "gray area". If the women aren't clear about what happened, then it leaves the door open for them to doubt themselves and/or for others to doubt them.

Maybe some of those women would have had sex with him without the drugs, but it doesn't seem that he gave them the oppurtunity to say 'yes' (or no). And I'm sure he knew he could have sex with them without the drugs, but a conscious lover was too much of a threat to his squeaky clean image.

Last edited:
And I still love Jello.

Just saying.

He admitted under oath to giving a woman quaaludes and then having sex with her. She filed a lawsuit against him for sexual abuse, therefore I think it's safe to assume it wasn't consensual. ;)

This omission (which he thought would never see the light of day $$$) gives credibility to other women's claims of being drugged and sexually assaulted by Cosby. These women weren't privy to what went down in that court preceeding, yet, the scenerio that was described was strikingly similar to their encounters. It was another telling glimpse into his modus operandi.

And I agree with you. Just because 50+ women have accused him of sexual abuse doesn't make it any more true than if one woman did. But one legitimate ommission is all it takes to be guilty.

Yeah, totally agree with you that he is a serial rapist whose MO is disturbingly pathological. My only point was that he wasn't yet admitting that it wasn't consensual. And playing devil's advocate here, lots of people do take drugs together to "party." So he'll keep asserting this until the bitter end. I think there is only one victim whose statute of limitation hasn't run, so criminal prosecution of the rest seems unlikely. They stand some chance of getting something in a civil suit as a class or individually, though again the statute of limitations remains a problem. Could have individual settlements though (which is likely) which would basically be pay to stop talking.

Yeah, totally agree with you that he is a serial rapist whose MO is disturbingly pathological. My only point was that he wasn't yet admitting that it wasn't consensual. And playing devil's advocate here, lots of people do take drugs together to "party." So he'll keep asserting this until the bitter end. I think there is only one victim whose statute of limitation hasn't run, so criminal prosecution of the rest seems unlikely. They stand some chance of getting something in a civil suit as a class or individually, though again the statute of limitations remains a problem. Could have individual settlements though (which is likely) which would basically be pay to stop talking.

I do think they will bring individual suits against him ending in a settlement of sorts. But yes, the statute of limitations has run out on the majority coming forward, therefore, jail time won't apply unless someone steps forward with accusations of a recent assault. And I have a feeling he will be keeping his pudding pop to himself from this point on.

Last edited:
Reactions: PintoBean
I don't know. The way I see it, he had a clean reputation to uphold and drugging these women was a major part of his plan to keep it just so.

Think about it. If he attempted to have sex with these women while they were conscious, that would give them the opportunity to remember enough detail for blackmail or outing him to the public and his wife. Too much left to chance. The sedatives were his "gray area". If the women aren't clear about what happened, then it leaves the door open for them to doubt themselves and/or for others to doubt them.

Maybe some of those women would have had sex with him without the drugs, but it doesn't seem that he gave them the oppurtunity to say 'yes' (or no). And I'm sure he knew he could have sex with them without the drugs, but a conscious lover was too much of a threat to his squeaky clean image.

Honestly, I haven't been keeping up with the testimony. If he did it, he did it. I think you're still missing the point though. The cases in which he did commit these acts should be separate from those where both parties are consensual, and I don't believe all were non-consensual. I think sometimes people are embarrassed by a situation in which they find themselves, and then are quick to blame the other party if it didn't work out exactly as they expected. Some may have been willing parties to the use of drugs.

I have a big problem with this simplistic portrayal of all these women as complete victims or innocents. I think it's just a bit too convenient. Clearly, he should be prosecuted for any crime he committed against them, but I doubt every woman was a victim who just happened to walk into a lion's den.

There's also a huge problem with saying, it wasn't consensual because they were given drugs. Unless he confesses that none ever knew they were given a pill or drug ahead of time, it's still he said, she said. Most people know that Hollywood is not clean. Both men and women, celebs, fans, etc. partied together, including drinking and taking drugs to heighten the experience.

Again, this does not discount any crime committed in which he drugged and had sex with anyone.

My issue is that he lied, then later said well yes I lied...but I only lied about this...
At the point in time you feel like you need to lie or hide something, you know you are probably doing something you probably shouldn't be doing. Not always, but I suspect a good portion of the time.
So I have no sympathy for Cosby any more. I knew him as a comedian who also made money off a fatherly appearance to others... He never had to live up to my expectations but he does need to pay the piper now.
Anyway the news tells me what to care about so I thought I would comment on this small insignificant man.

You know the other side of this... maybe Cosby and the women for that matter recognized the only way he was going to havhave sex with them was if they were drugged out of their minds. So maybe it was consensual for favors he promised them.
"I know people."
"I know you know people but I dont care how many you know, its still sex with you."
"I know but I have something that will make you not even care."

Later as fame slips away a payday is seen from the experience.

Anyway who knows...

R
Honestly, I haven't been keeping up with the testimony. If he did it, he did it. I think you're still missing the point though. The cases in which he did commit these acts should be separate from those where both parties are consensual, and I don't believe all were non-consensual. I think sometimes people are embarrassed by a situation in which they find themselves, and then are quick to blame the other party if it didn't work out exactly as they expected. Some may have been willing parties to the use of drugs.

I have a big problem with this simplistic portrayal of all these women as complete victims or innocents. I think it's just a bit too convenient. Clearly, he should be prosecuted for any crime he committed against them, but I doubt every woman was a victim who just happened to walk into a lion's den.

There's also a huge problem with saying, it wasn't consensual because they were given drugs. Unless he confesses that none ever knew they were given a pill or drug ahead of time, it's still he said, she said. Most people know that Hollywood is not clean. Both men and women, celebs, fans, etc. partied together, including drinking and taking drugs to heighten the experience.

Again, this does not discount any crime committed in which he drugged and had sex with anyone.

No, I'm not missing your point. I agree that every accusation should be treated individually from a legal standpoint. I was just giving my personally assessment of his (probable) internal mindworks while he was committing said abuse. And while I agree that people 'party' with these sedatives, I don't find it likely for (50+) women to come forward with such strikingly similar accounts without there being some truth to it. 1+2=3.

And I'm sure he was putting his money on people doubting any possible accuser with talk/accusations of: party drugs, fame seekers, extortion, etc.

Maybe some of that is true, but I doubt all.

I think this goes to show a limitation of the human mind. Many people become enthralled with actors because they seem bigger than life and because the characters they play seem more interesting. We get to feel aa if we "know" them because we see them every Friday night. In reality they are just people and many times more messed up.
Funny that I feel a bit sad Cosby turned out to be a man with some serious issues. Why should I care at all.
Well I dont think about it unless I see it in the news so I guess I really dont.

I think this goes to show a limitation of the human mind. Many people become enthralled with actors because they seem bigger than life and because the characters they play seem more interesting. We get to feel aa if we "know" them because we see them every Friday night. In reality they are just people and many times more messed up.
Funny that I feel a bit sad Cosby turned out to be a man with some serious issues. Why should I care at all.
Well I dont think about it unless I see it in the news so I guess I really dont.

You're a bit sad because he was suppose to be one of the good guys.

Fuck him and fuck jello!

Just kidding. I still love jello.

Reactions: Elegant Winter

I think a lot of people were/are sad about the truth emerging re Cosby's real character. On TV and in interviews he represented a black middle class existence that was inspiring and palatable to many groups. He was the benevolent family doctor/goofy yet wise dad that we all wished we had at times, and that all dads probably wished they could be on occasion. In reality he has turned out to be a patently un-inspiring run of the mill sleaze. So I think it's safe to say his TV character/persona meant something to the American public at a few different levels.

Now we know what he thinks with.

Anyone giving Quaaludes to a person to try and get their pop wet should be labeled a sexual predator and have their life destroyed.....like they tried to destroy someone else's life.