Best break up songs or anti-love songs | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Best break up songs or anti-love songs

Reactions: acd
For some reason this thread REALLY irks me. Not judging here, just trying to figure out why it bothers me so much.

Maybe it's the somber nature of the break up. Perhaps it's all the anger. Could be that it reminds me of stressful moments - I mean who likes a breakup.

I think I need to devote a little time to this feeling. Grrrr!!

Anyone else irked? Am I alone in this feeling?

For some reason this thread REALLY irks me. Not judging here, just trying to figure out why it bothers me so much.

Maybe it's the somber nature of the break up. Perhaps it's all the anger. Could be that it reminds me of stressful moments - I mean who likes a breakup.

I think I need to devote a little time to this feeling. Grrrr!!

Anyone else irked? Am I alone in this feeling?

Every time love doesn't reach it's potential, whether for the right or wrong reasons, it's a tragedy.

trying to figure out why it bothers

Savage flood of feelings and irrational thoughts? Cynicism as a defense mechanism: so efficent yet not so well fitting (for infjs, who are generally romantic, and well...all people who still believe in love no matter what)?

Savage flood of feelings and irrational thoughts? Cynicism as a defense mechanism: so efficent yet not so well fitting (for infjs, who are generally romantic, and well...all people who still believe in love no matter what)?

Maybe, but I think it's more specific.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
it's more specific
A specific song that would be the perfect embodiement of those things (sombre nature of break up, anger, stressful moments) but that you reject for some reason/ no songs that appropriately match how you feel/think about these things (?) A dislike for music being used to convey negative things? Or...something about the words? "Break up", "anti-love"? Maybe it would be a better idea to narrow the possibilities...is it a specific event? Or a specific thought? Or feeling?
(I'm not personally irked, but it might be interesting to investigate. You can stop me if you just wanted other irked people's feedback)

A specific song that would be the perfect embodiement of those things (sombre nature of break up, anger, stressful moments) but that you reject for some reason/ no songs that appropriately match how you feel/think about these things (?) A dislike for music being used to convey negative things? Or...something about the words? "Break up", "anti-love"? Maybe it would be a better idea to narrow the possibilities...is it a specific event? Or a specific thought? Or feeling?
(I'm not personally irked, but it might be interesting to investigate. You can stop me if you just wanted other irked people's feedback)
Well, I divorced after being married for 18 years and spending well over 20 years with that person. Had three daughters with her. I would hardly call it anti-love, as I loved her dearly; just couldn't live with her any longer. It was hard to say the least.

Have you ever been in a relationship of that duration or capacity?

Well, I divorced after being married for 18 years and spending well over 20 years with that person. Had three daughters with her. I would hardly call it anti-love, as I loved her dearly; just couldn't live with her any longer. It was hard to say the least.

Oh! I see. I re-read your post and realised I must have misunderstood completely the general tone and well, the meaning. Sometimes I just go numb and don't read between the lines. I apologise. And I am sorry for your divorce, I can only imagine how hard it must have been.
And I'm not sure if your question was rethorical...if it wasn't, well, no. I have huge difficulties in dealing with people, enough to make that kind of duration and capacity way out of my possibilities.

There is a reason these type of songs are popular and resonate with many. Sorry to read about your divorce, but I think you're taking the concept too personally. No one is making light of love or saying you were never in love... that wasn't the intent. I just love all types of music and thought this thread might be interesting and personally, these types of songs were always kind of inspiring and empowering to me whenever I went through a break up. It was good to listen to a song that kind of echoed with what I was feeling.

Last edited:
Reactions: t56hg2bv
There is a reason these type of songs are popular and resonate with many. Sorry to read about your divorce, but I think you're taking the concept too personally. No one is making light of love or saying you were never in love... Personally, these types of songs were always kind of inspiring and empowering to me whenever I went through a break up.

I totally saw the alone in the universe line. No worries. I'm really not taking it seriously with everyone's posts. Just saying it irked me.

I know why people listen to them. Totally have in the past. Didn't mean to be a sulky spoiler in here was just speaking to the mood.

With that said I'll post a clip and improve song about survival. It makes me smile.

I totally saw the alone in the universe line. No worries. I'm really not taking it seriously with everyone's posts. Just saying it irked me.

I know why people listen to them. Totally have in the past. Didn't mean to be a sulky spoiler in here was just speaking to the mood.

With that said I'll post a clip and improve song about survival. It makes me smile.

I went back and read your other posts in the thread and figured my dark sense of humor was not appropriate...

(I love The Replacements and the song even more!)

Reactions: t56hg2bv