Being open with people... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Being open with people...

There is something satisfying to keep close to yourself because it just feels good to do that. I haven't shared everything here by any means and probably wont actually do that, but it does feel like I have been challenging myself for sure.

Nice post.

This is a good question, and I guess it all really started to happen when my type and my intuition was always attacked and unappreciated by my current bf before he began going to an addictions group. He was hiding his adiction from me, but I could sense something was wrong, most of the time and he hated that he couldn't hide it from me. It just ended up happening because I just couldn't live my life anymore, soaking it all up and keeping it all in, any longer.

After about 2 years of being together, I finally snapped and began to become really different, for example, I'd be regularly agitated and living somewhat in the infj shadow type. My P is quite strong anyway, so it just became a slow proces of me almost not being able to control it any longer. I just began to shift somehow, in order to adapt better to my surroundings.

I am more centred now, but still striving for balance. Some days it is hard.

I still actually feel regretful after posting here sometimes, and I try to not go back and delete my posts because it's part of pushing the boundaries of my comfort levels, and expanding on my experiences. Probably one of the biggest reasons too, is that I know how lonely it can make introverts feel, and infj's especially. I see a lot of younger members here, and I want to let them know that it's ok to be who they are, and that if I share more, then maybe they can feel safe enough to share too and know that they are understood. There is something satisfying to keep close to yourself because it just feels good to do that. I haven't shared everything here by any means and probably wont actually do that, but it does feel like I have been challenging myself for sure.

I can understand that. I have a previous foruming experience before I came here and that has indeed helped a lot. It's been a liberating experience to finally start putting my thoughts into words and it is definitely a challenge. I, too, believe that by sharing you're not only helping yourself but others as well and it does bring some relief.

I'm an INtJ, but I spend a fair bit of time in an INFJ state of mind because I discovered that I'm capable of emotional hyper-awareness. I'm preaching to the choir, but the extreme intensity and depth of emotion can be some crazy shit.

I think it's an emotional need to share pieces of myself with others. Most of it goes to my best friend, an INFJ, but I don't even feel safe with her because sometimes she'll logically analyze when what I really need is for her to address the feelings side. I use the forum sometimes when I have no other outlet, but I'd really like a "better" INFJ to share emotional intimacy with. I'm working on it is all I can say :)

I don't plan on opening up anytime soon at all. I just plan on finding very select people to share myself with. Maybe 2 or 3?

With most friends in real life (this forum is somehow different, as a matter of fact, I found out that I feel better if I complain online, thanks Tamagochi:)

you're welcome anytime Jana ;)

I have long noticed that after speaking things out which are bothering me emotionally, it becomes easier to breathe and think. And it is not bothersome at all to listen to you. It only becomes tiresome when I try to influence the speaker.