Being confident of your type | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Being confident of your type

What are your current thoughts about it?

Personality at its core is usually pretty set via genetics and early environmental influences, but can still be altered before a certain age - usually the early 30s.

I think this is more of a statistical thing of what people aren't likely to do rather than a set-in-stone thing. It's more a hardening of people's comfort than their brain's physically incapable of change.

Agreed; that's a much more thorough expansion of my previous comment.

I did an analysis of my enneagram test, so I can make sure it was accurate... and also so I could look back on it in some years and see what changes.
You can check it out on my youtube channel:

Great stuff!
Also your papercraft collection is awesome and you are adorable as shit. Keep it up!

I actually came into this four letter world through researching something I was having problems with. ter a while I was like...ok wtf is this infj thing. It looked gimmicky to me, but i tend to listen when the patterns become so obvious. Suddenly I realized I was right the whole time...I'm totally a weirdo. it was comforting to know I'm not the only one.

I've taken quite a few psych courses in recent times to form the opinion that, while Jung's work has some merit and interesting observations of the human psyche, I really don't think it's an absolute science and more often puts people in concrete boxes, when personality exists along many axises and is malleable.

Take a look at the work of Piaget, for instance, where he posited that human personality development for children occurs in stages. While his observations are valid, individual people develop at different rates based on environment and experiences.

6d53cb65bdcd170d3f2b5c50c940e3e3.png

This is why I no longer subscribe to MBTI as a hard science, though I do think it's worth discussing personality traits like the Big 5.

I know some people want to learn about themselves but there is really no point in it because who can be the person they are 100% in this world? Everyone gotta be the person they should be to survive no matter who they are so there is no point in knowing yourself.

To be honest I learned about people just to understand them because they were so alien to me. I don't put people into particular MBTI-like boxes though but everyone is fundamentally the same to me because their fundamental reason for what they do is the same which is being themselves. Well everyone eats, shits, and dies. For example, when we get bored we either watch a movie or play a video game but is there really a significant difference when we just after the same which is having fun?

I think some people really don't want to learn about themselves or others. They are just after being different. I don't know why they deny they are the same as the rest of humanity but I don't get why they don't accept the truth but they believe in comfortable BS to be happy anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The thing is being different means you are sick because there is no other way to be different and why would a healthy person want to be sick because you gotta be sick to want to be sick? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sometimes being unconfident/hesitant is the best thing for yourself