Being a Male INFJ... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Being a Male INFJ...

I dont know why everybody focuses on the gender thing.

Because that is the central argument: By using "effeminate" and "pussies" you are taking certain assumptions for granted, such as the existence of two genders being natural, the male one being the norm.

Because that is the central argument: By using "effeminate" and "pussies" you are taking certain assumptions for granted, such as the existence of two genders being natural, the male one being the norm.

pussies are pussies, female or male! ive known some badass girls bro so its not all about gender. But really the thing that all INFJs are weaklings its wrong.

Forget it.

i understand what you tried to say, of course there is a social definition of Masculinity and what traits a man should have. The thing is that you try to portray that INFJs are not able to fit in those qualities, which i think is not true.

Reactions: knight in battle
It seems to be the most valuable feature of INFJs is constant growth. I guess time will tell..

From what I've read about male infjs one fairly common issue is our tendency to act more "manly" to try and meet societies expectations, or our perceptions of them. I know that's been true of myself when I was younger, perhaps even now.

I guess that's what comes to mind when I read that infjs are fragile or pussies etc. I think we need to get over that and just be ourselves. Whatever that is, for ourselves.

From what I've read about male infjs one fairly common issue is our tendency to act more "manly" to try and meet societies expectations, or our perceptions of them. I know that's been true of myself when I was younger, perhaps even now.

I guess that's what comes to mind when I read that infjs are fragile or pussies etc. I think we need to get over that and just be ourselves. Whatever that is, for ourselves.

I've been in construction for many years now and I feel like I've fulfilled my "Manliness Quota" for this life and it's time to move on.

Can I handle pain? Yes.

Can I work at hard, nasty jobs and take it in stride? Yes.

Can I suck it up and just take it? Yes.

Do I really want to be doing that for the rest of my life? No.

I've had all the manliness I can stand.

I've been in construction for many years now and I feel like I've fulfilled my "Manliness Quota" for this life and it's time to move on.

Can I handle pain? Yes.

Can I work at hard, nasty jobs and take it in stride? Yes.

Can I suck it up and just take it? Yes.

Do I really want to be doing that for the rest of my life? No.

Completely understand that, I've worked in jobs that dealt with some fairly "difficult" situations. I think quite a lot of it was trying to resolve masculinity issues. I had to get along with some very macho types, men and women.

After some years I took a good look around me and decided to get out. I think its sad some men think the only way to "prove" their masculinity is to be violent or indifferent to others suffering. To me that's just pure BS.

The truth is we're all flesh and blood, we all have emotions and sometimes we get hurt. Men and women. Whether we have the courage to acknowledge that or not.

Sounds like some of this so-called manliness isn't true to nature but a vague social definition of manliness. I am guessing that if someone has "had all the manliness he can stand", it is because he's not moving toward greater manliness at the pace that he is comfortable moving or because he's allowing an external image of the male species define manliness. The actual implementation of manliness doesn't always come in the form of Stoic, unfeeling perseverance.

Sounds like some of this so-called manliness isn't true to nature but a vague social definition of manliness. I am guessing that if someone has "had all the manliness he can stand", it is because he's not moving toward greater manliness at the pace that he is comfortable moving or because he's allowing an external image of the male species define manliness. The actual implementation of manliness doesn't always come in the form of Stoic, unfeeling perseverance.

Manliness is a socially defined term that most people loosely agree on what it means. You can have your own private version, but only if you don't mind explaining it to every passerby.

Personally, I've moved on. I'm exploring being the things I'm good at. Gentle and caring.

Manliness is a socially defined term that most people loosely agree on what it means. You can have your own private version, but only if you don't mind explaining it to every passerby.

Personally, I've moved on. I'm exploring being the things I'm good at. Gentle and caring.
I don't disagree. There is simply a difference between the current range of social definitions and what is true to the masculine nature─or at least there can be a difference. Gentle and caring─that falls within the range of even socially defined masculine traits and, I would think, a part of the objective natural masculine essence.

But really the thing that all INFJs are weaklings its wrong.
Weaklings in some ways perhaps but not in every way. Not weak in intellectual skill. And if even the healthy forms of emotionality are considered weak, then that's a problem with rigid social definitions. Lord knows, we all need to express emotionality.

11840542_f520.jpg

ee53eecf39882bb682b5fa8ff2e3577c.jpg

images

5746168_f520.jpg

Estrogen ain't so bad. It's the man boobs that keep the ladies away.

Reactions: barbad0s
Some of my favorite INFJ's of all time:

Arnold Schwarzenegger:

schwarzenegger-green-come-006.jpg

Sylvester Stallone:

sylvester_stallone_66800.jpg

Dane Cook:

Dane-Cook-Face-Pictures.jpg

Sly Stone:

sly-stone-2.jpg

Arcade Fire man:

hqdefault.jpg