Bad Impressions | INFJ Forum

Bad Impressions

DeadlyPacifist

Regular Poster
Sep 17, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
I'm excellent at giving off bad impressions. That's often because people think that they can just figure anyone out in a few minutes [goddamnit I hate people who think that. ugh. no one's THAT easy to figure out anyways]. Anyways...it's not really my fault, I guess, although in the way that it's "my fault" is that I do things that would belong to a stereotype-group, which makes people jump to conclusions. They're surprised when I tell them smth which contradicted what they assume. Sometimes, I feel like I have to go out of my way to act a certain to not be misunderstood though...because sometimes, people just won't get rid of their original belief, and try to convince me that they're actually right...UGHHH.

Most of the time, it really will take a while for people to see the "good" things about me.

For example:

Wearing revealing clothes--> I'm a slut. I like wearing short stuff. Not a slut though. Not even interested in sex. They say I must be subconciously slutty. Nope. -_-

I'm sure this isn't an INFJ-only thing...but it really does happen to me more than others o_O. Discuss, etc. You know what to do :m034:

Last edited:
I think I'm also good at giving off bad impressions as well. But people are always going to form their opinions. I'm growing to not be such a worry-wart when it comes to what people think of me and that's a big thing for me. At this point in my life, other people's impressions of me is the last thing I worry about. But sometimes if everyone you're meeting's saying the same thing about you, then you might want to look within ...because it just might be true. They can't all be wrong. And that's when people's impressions can be good -because then you can see what needs to be changed.

And sometimes you're the one asking for people to think of you in a certain way. How you project yourself's the way people'll see you, whether intentionally or not. Your thing with revealing clothes... I'm not sure how revealing they are, lol, but if you're wearing things like that, then people are going to think of you like that, and in that case you can't really complain (not saying that you are :)) because that's the image you're portraying.

Last edited:
That damned INTJ stare creeps people out be it just a stare into space. Also not smiling alot seems to get me tossed into the grumpy pile... I take em as they come and try to be cheerful and not stare as thats about all I can do.

They're surprised when I tell them smth which contradicted what they assume. Sometimes, I feel like I have to go out of my way to act a certain to not be misunderstood though...because sometimes, people just won't get rid of their original belief, and try to convince me that they're actually right...UGHHH.

This is so true for me as well. You said it well.

I have a series of first-impressions I give off to people, depending on the vibe I get from them.

I often am very unresponsive and don't acknowlage someones presence unless they make eye contact or smile, or try to talk to me. This can lead to a bad first impression, and people have told me that I came across as eletist and mean.

If I get a bad vibe from someone or I am greatly intimidated by someone, I will do the above. If they try to go out of their way to talk to me, I throw up a huge searies of gaurds and it usually makes me appear very emotionally muted and uninterested. If the dislike of the person is strong enough, I will push them away.

If they vibe from someone is neutral, I will not go out of my way to talk to them or approach them, but if they come up to me I will talk with them. However, the warmth I give off will be low and it could be read as me being either sad, tired, or uninterested.

If I like the vibe I get from someone, I am very warm, friendly, and nice to them. This will lead them into thinking I am a really extroverted person.