Baby the stars shine bright... | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Baby the stars shine bright...

Oh, both sound great, Marroco and Arizona. I've heard that the Atacama desert in Chile is spectacular for observing.

Sadly I'm in the city centre, with way too much light pollution to see much of the night sky anyway...
Your best bet in a city centre is the sort of moon scene you posted earlier - I love the contrast of seeing the moon close to or between tall city buildings.

When I was a kid, I got a new torch for one of my birthdays - I used to shine it at the moon and imagine the light beam reaching it a second or so later lol. If there are any photons left over they'll be over 60 light years away by now …...

Oooo all these places sound amazing!

I think in a way, I am grateful and blessed to live in the middle of a desert that practically has little to no light pollution.

Yes, Arizona is basically a wasteland, but you have the opportunity to see the vastness of the stars in the sky! So I am happy— cactus and tumbleweeds and all... :D

Fascinating @dragulagu
Would you go up yourself if you had the chance?
Depends, I would certainly go up to do a space flight around the earth or for a short period visit for sure. If SpaceX's travel packages would ever be affordable, I would do that.
But I would not do space travel for a longer period of time. There are too many negative effects on the human body (radiation, gravity, ...).

Already posted this vid once here but have a look if you haven't seen it:

Depends, I would certainly go up to do a space flight around the earth or for a short period visit for sure. If SpaceX's travel packages would ever be affordable, I would do that.
But I would not do space travel for a longer period of time. There are too many negative effects on the human body (radiation, gravity, ...).

Already posted this vid once here but have a look if you haven't seen it:
I'm off to bed in a few minutes so I'll play the video tomorrow. I agree that spending a long time in space looks a bit hard on our bodies. What I'd love to see is this

Or even this .... from Europa .... but that's a fetch :D

I'm off to bed in a few minutes so I'll play the video tomorrow. I agree that spending a long time in space looks a bit hard on our bodies. What I'd love to see is this

Or even this .... from Europa .... but that's a fetch :D

You know, I always wondered what I would feel in that moment. Standing on the moon watching the earth...I honestly wouldn't know if I would be excited or terrified...but damn eager to know.

Anyway see you around and enjoy the video John.

Last edited:
Standing on the moon watching the earth...I honestly wouldn't know if I would be excited or terrified...but damn eager to know.

I imagine it would create quite the shift in perspective.
That ultimately it would be inspiring or heart breaking.

Yeah, exactly. It would be the realisation that you stand there on the moon, watching as the earth passes by. Life just going further through on this blue planet and you, as an outside bystander are
watching this happening...it must be really bizarre perspective (hence eager to know how it would be).

You know, I always wondered what I would feel in that moment. Standing on the moon watching the earth...I honestly wouldn't know if I would be excited or terrified...but damn eager to know.

That is still one of my all-time favourite photos. I remember watching the broadcasts while Apollo 8 was out there, with the whole world agog, filled with amazement and hoping they would come back safely. Those were powerful days that changed the way we see ourselves forever.

That is still one of my all-time favourite photos. I remember watching the broadcasts while Apollo 8 was out there, with the whole world agog, filled with amazement and hoping they would come back safely. Those were powerful days that changed the way we see ourselves forever.

The way they describe the moment as well, powerful.

apollo08_earthrise.jpg

John, wow. Such memories to have. Incredible.

I wish I could experience an event of similar significance in my life. SpaceX seems to be a great candidate for such groundbreaking news. Going strong already with their re-launchable rockets Falcon 9 (I think that's their name). I've been watching some of their launches for ISS and other places. Always get's me overwhelmingly amazed and just a tad emotional.