Baby the stars shine bright... | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Baby the stars shine bright...

That's a great shot :sunglasses: - and not straightforward to do either.

I would agree, though I do not have any experience with photography or astrophotography whatsoever. This is a quite famous photographer from my hometown, he regularly gets into the NASA picture of the day. :)

I would like to invest into telescope one day, but now is definitely not the right time.

There's somemething so fatherly about knowing the planets and the stars. I don't know what it is, but it captures that energy. @John K you have it.

I think @Ren may know what I mean because of his experience.

It's all a bit Mufasa.

I know that feeling that you are talking about, even though I don't necessarily know the folk that exude this energy that much yet.
The tangible calmness, wisdom and balance of life long-lived... (maybe?)

I know that feeling that you are talking about, even though I don't necessarily know the folk that exude this energy that much yet.
The tangible calmness, wisdom and balance of life long-lived... (maybe?)
Yes! I think you're on to something.

I was thinking that it was some combination of worldly knowledge being delivered with love.

Actually... I had that from my father before he left (c.5). He was knowledge personified. Boundless. And I would spend countless hours just asking him questions, which he seemed to have infinite patience and interest for.

He was violent, too, but there was something in him that could have been a good father.

season with a bit of Sandie33
;)
I like to visit this thread every so often and help to keep it alive. Because I love anything astronomical, and because James was a great guy I only knew for three months when I first joined the forum - he made me feel very welcome. He died within a few days of my father. I didn't make this connection until now. ♡

View attachment 66143

This is a composite image from the Solar and Heliospheric Laboratory spacecraft - It's also an amazing natural work of art in my eyes.
This is absolutely amazing!
itzaspace-hector-rivera-couoh-wolf-mount-by-itzaspace.jpg
The Moon here was peeking from a very cloudy sky. Unfortunately no pictures.

Did you get to see the 'supermoon' a couple of nights back? You've got to filter out the media hyperbole because it's only a bit bigger than normal, but it was lovely. I took a few shots with my camera, but I've probably alrrady posted enough of my earlier moon photos here or in my blog. I'd like to do some serious astrophotography but I haven't got the right kit for that - and our night sky is mostly drowned out by cloud, haze, house and street lights so it's not worth the investment.

I did not :(, the kit is expensive dude...too expensive...

I was thinking that it was some combination of worldly knowledge being delivered with love.

"Knowledge being delivered with love" this is beautiful phrase and I am definitely keeping it for future use if you are ok with it.

I had the feeling that you must have had a strong father figure (if you don't mind me saying that based on my stalkerish reading habits) to develop into such a magnificent human being.
I am sorry to hear about his violence and passing though.

There's somemething so fatherly about knowing the planets and the stars. I don't know what it is, but it captures that energy. @John K you have it.

I think @Ren may know what I mean because of his experience.

It's all a bit Mufasa.
I'm honoured Hos - I'm sure you paint the picture of a rather Omega JohnK ;), and I'd be happy to give just a little of what you say on my journey to the finished article.

There are perhaps some strange influences from the distant stars and I'm not thinking about astrology. An interesting question is - how does an object know if it's rotating or not. There's more than one possibility - relative to other objects for example, but then there seems to be a state of absolute absence of rotation and this can be measured as an absence of centrifugal force. This is the force that tends to push parts of a rotating object away from each other. But now imagine you have something totally isolated in space with no other object detectable - the only way you could tell if it's rotating is the centrifugal force - but if there is a possible state of the object that tells you it isn't rotating, that means that there are hard directions built into space itself, otherwise how would the object know? This hasn't been a happy thought in the past, because it pushes back into the old discarded idea of the aether, denies relativity and can conflict perhaps with the observed universal constancy of light speed. So one idea is that the distant stars and galaxies give a reference grid against which rotation takes place - if you see that they are not rotating about you, then you are not rotating, and vice versa. If that's true, then everything we experience and do in life is profoundly and intimately connected to the most distant parts of our universe.

I guess by analogy, on a much smaller scale, there is a sort of affinity possible between older people and the distant stars because both can give a relatively constant and well defined reference point in their own domains. Sadly, the older humans are much less reliable than the stars lol.

I'm honoured Hos - I'm sure you paint the picture of a rather Omega JohnK ;), and I'd be happy to give just a little of what you say on my journey to the finished article.

There are perhaps some strange influences from the distant stars and I'm not thinking about astrology. An interesting question is - how does an object know if it's rotating or not. There's more than one possibility - relative to other objects for example, but then there seems to be a state of absolute absence of rotation and this can be measured as an absence of centrifugal force. This is the force that tends to push parts of a rotating object away from each other. But now imagine you have something totally isolated in space with no other object detectable - the only way you could tell if it's rotating is the centrifugal force - but if there is a possible state of the object that tells you it isn't rotating, that means that there are hard directions built into space itself, otherwise how would the object know? This hasn't been a happy thought in the past, because it pushes back into the old discarded idea of the aether, denies relativity and can conflict perhaps with the observed universal constancy of light speed. So one idea is that the distant stars and galaxies give a reference grid against which rotation takes place - if you see that they are not rotating about you, then you are not rotating, and vice versa. If that's true, then everything we experience and do in life is profoundly and intimately connected to the most distant parts of our universe.

I guess by analogy, on a much smaller scale, there is a sort of affinity possible between older people and the distant stars because both can give a relatively constant and well defined reference point in their own domains. Sadly, the older humans are much less reliable than the stars lol.
Wow. So much here.

That's exactly what I'm bloody talking about, lol. :tearsofjoy:

Did not, honestly...
Our weather in North West England is so frustrating for seeing things that I tend to notice and look out if there's something special happening. I missed a recent good lunar eclipse because of the clouds, but there was a spectacular one about 10 years ago that was gorgeous here.

Do look out for Venus as evening star if you haven't already - it's beautiful at the moment for a few hours after sunset.

Our weather in North West England is so frustrating for seeing things that I tend to notice and look out if there's something special happening. I missed a recent good lunar eclipse because of the clouds, but there was a spectacular one about 10 years ago that was gorgeous here.

+1 Certainly on England weather, that's a step up in comparison with Belgian Weather (which is sheite as well). The best spots...as I recall, are Marrocan trips. Lay out in the dunes, camera on focus and just rest for hours.

+1 Certainly on England weather, that's a step up in comparison with Belgian Weather (which is sheite as well). The best spots...as I recall, are Marrocan trips. Lay out in the dunes, camera on focus and just rest for hours.
Morocco sounds great. @JennyDaniella, who follows this thread too, lives in Arizona, and the night skies there sound pretty spectacular.

Morocco sounds great. @JennyDaniella, who follows this thread too, lives in Arizona, and the night skies there sound pretty spectacular.

Oh, both sound great, Marroco and Arizona. I've heard that the Atacama desert in Chile is spectacular for observing.

Sadly I'm in the city centre, with way too much light pollution to see much of the night sky anyway...