Avengers: Endgame *spoilers* | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Avengers: Endgame *spoilers*

@Gaze what you think about Thor's treatment may not be quite as you saw it - I have a different take on it based on who and why.

In screenwriting, there's a reason for everything, even cutbacks.

No, I understood what it was about, I just didn't like it. I get the point, that since he had been
hiding in New Asgard, let himself go with the whole beer gut thing, had no purpose, etc, etc. but it just rubbed me the wrong way, all the fat comments. It made his character automatically seem like a joke. Although his time away from the Avengers mellowed his personality, and for me made him more likeable and relatable. But If this was a female character, they would never even imagine this direction.

One of my favorite scenes though was
the conversations with his mother in the past, their moments were sweet

No, I understood what it was about, I just didn't like it. I get the point, that since he had been
hiding in New Asgard, let himself go with the whole beer gut thing, had no purpose, etc, etc. but it just rubbed me the wrong way, all the fat comments. It made his character automatically seem like a joke. Although his time away from the Avengers mellowed his personality, and for me made him more likeable and relatable. But If this was a female character, they would never even imagine this direction.

One of my favorite scenes though was
the conversations with his mother in the past, their moments were sweet
I understand what you meant too, but I am perhaps weighing it more on the basis of who says what rather than how I see it. I think it made his development a joke that they created the situation as it was in the first place. Even if it is a possible or even probable outcome. However, given the franchise as a whole, it was made to be a joke to echo the tones of Ragnarok (more or less successfully). It's the same as with Banner. That was more of a joke than anything else. A bit disappointingly so.

I always liked Frigga. You can see where Loki got all his nurtured traits from ^_^

I just think the way it is told, it is hushing over what is really happening in those situations. The fat comments are not really fat comments - even if they were. I understand where you come from too, though.

I understand what you meant too, but I am perhaps weighing it more on the basis of who says what rather than how I see it. I think it made his development a joke that they created the situation as it was in the first place. Even if it is a possible or even probable outcome. However, given the franchise as a whole, it was made to be a joke to echo the tones of Ragnarok (more or less successfully). It's the same as with Banner. That was more of a joke than anything else. A bit disappointingly so.

I always liked Frigga. You can see where Loki got all his nurtured traits from ^_^

I just think the way it is told, it is hushing over what is really happening in those situations. The fat comments are not really fat comments - even if they were. I understand where you come from too, though.

The main issue is what @Gaze pointed out though, you'd never see a female character undergo that kind of character transformation.
I'd like to, personally. Would be hilarious.

The main issue is what @Gaze pointed out though, you'd never see a female character undergo that kind of character transformation.
I'd like to, personally. Would be hilarious.
Not in this genre, I agree. Fans would complain about it a lot, for various reasons.

I would too. Especially with Gwynneth Paltrow. Oh, wait...

mut-zur-hasslichkeit-gwyneth-paltrow-schwer-verliebt-imago.jpg

Not in this genre, I agree. Fans would complain about it a lot, for various reasons.

I would too. Especially with Gwynneth Paltrow. Oh, wait...

mut-zur-hasslichkeit-gwyneth-paltrow-schwer-verliebt-imago.jpg

Fat Pepper Potts would be the best thing ever

Liked it even less than Infinity War. And even THAT was exceptionally boring. I guess the only superhero films that I've ever liked are The Dark Knight trilogy. Everything else is BOOOORING.

Reactions: Impact Character
I actually enjoyed it and didn't even realize it was such a movie with overlength and without a break.

Hmh, I suppose I didn't really take it as fat shaming that much but more of a Big Lebowski quote of some kind.

Also I think there was a conversation about time where they made Antman (as the representative of the viewership) have a realization about timetravel in Back to the Future and kind of being told not to judge it in movie contexts. lol

Reactions: Gaze and Ginny
I particularly liked the elevator scene.

Reactions: Ginny
Honestly, I just loved the little buildup they did to Iron Man's final act. Remember how he said at the very beginning he was hoping he could pull "one last magic trick"?

I'm also kind of curious what kind of world Thanos would have made if he succeeded. That could be a fan universe all its own, though probably nothing like the MCU.

The length is actually something I prefer in movies. Long epics are nice when they can hold your attention.

Hoped they would bring in Silver Surfer but they didn't. The whole time travel thing was probably better than how they did it in the comic.

Hoped they would bring in Silver Surfer but they didn't. The whole time travel thing was probably better than how they did it in the comic.

I liked their take on it, how they differentiated from other, simpler theories and made it believable. I believe I said this before, but it's actually reminiscent both on how time travel has severe consequences, but also that time is more durable than it seems. Unforseen consequences may occur, but it seems to bring across that a universe may have a destiny. A little like Doctor Who.

I would love to read the comics one day, just to see how it originally transpired. I harbour no illusions towards Feige & co. changing things to make the MCU their own story.
Well, not Feige anymore, but also whoever takes up the mantle now.

I liked their take on it, how they differentiated from other, simpler theories and made it believable. I believe I said this before, but it's actually reminiscent both on how time travel has severe consequences, but also that time is more durable than it seems. Unforseen consequences may occur, but it seems to bring across that a universe may have a destiny. A little like Doctor Who.

I would love to read the comics one day, just to see how it originally transpired. I harbour no illusions towards Feige & co. changing things to make the MCU their own story.
Well, not Feige anymore, but also whoever takes up the mantle now.

The time travel kind of makes more sense. In the comic Thanos just beats everybody, including the cosmic beings of the universe, then decides to make himself a god basically, but doing so causes his body to be an empty shell which allows Nebula to steal the gauntlet and banish Thanos before he can do anything. Nebula goes crazy with power, Thanos gets rescued by Doctor Strange and teams up with the heroes and goes with Strange, Warlock and Silver Surfer to stop Nebula. They can't beat her but Thanos tricks her into undoing everything which revives everybody and all the heroes and cosmic beings show up and Warlock makes it so the Infinity Gauntlet rejects Nebula and they take it back. Nebula gets imprisoned and Thanos becomes a farmer.

Reactions: Kgal and Ginny
I was a bit disappointed with the ending where Steve goes back in time to be Peggy.

Of course that was just an alternative ending. The real ending where Steve and Bucky go around the world solving crime and fighting the bad guys was much better. Oh and all those very graphic sex scenes where Steve and Bucky just pound it really added to the story. I'm just glad that was the total cannon for reals ending.

Bucky x Steve 4ever

I was a bit disappointed with the ending where Steve goes back in time to be Peggy.

Of course that was just an alternative ending. The real ending where Steve and Bucky go around the world solving crime and fighting the bad guys was much better. Oh and all those very graphic sex scenes where Steve and Bucky just pound it really added to the story. I'm just glad that was the total cannon for reals ending.

Bucky x Steve 4ever
I gotta read and see more of this, Capt A. trans or Capt A. Gay hero! win win.

Reactions: Ginny and Tin Man
I gotta read and see more of this, Capt A. trans or Capt A. Gay hero! win win.

Don't get me wrong. The ending where Cap goes back in time and transitions in a very bigoted society was really intense. The way she fought for trans rights, and was at the front of the battle for representation was really good.

But i just want to see Bucky and Steve pound it. Is that too much to ask?