astrology. whats the difference between your zodiac sign and personality type? | INFJ Forum

astrology. whats the difference between your zodiac sign and personality type?

Sheena

Regular Poster
Jan 9, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I find both my zodiac sign and personality type are both accurate. I'm a taurus and my personality type is INFJ

I am a Scorpio, Virgo rising, Taurus moon. I find it pretty accurate really, although I seem to remember someone mentioning that it's somewhat uncommon for Scorpios to be INFJs? Maybe no one ever said that and I'm imagining it though. I feel like I am way too timid to be a Scorpio.

I'm a Capricorn, Virgo rising and I think Capricorn moon (can't remember exactly my time of birth). I find it fairly accurate overall. Reading this post reminded me of that one book "The Secret Language of Birthdays" by Gary Goldschneider where they have it broken down to the day, which I found fairly accurate too. I find these and my personality type fits...maybe a bit too well perhaps. ^^

I will have to look into that book! i don't know what "rising" i am or anything like that. just that im a taurus. and i guess i get along really well with scorpios

You can still be timid and be a scorpio

my sign and my type both describe me almost to a T
i don't follow astrology and don't know all that much about charts etc. but it's interesting how so many people are just like their sign description.
my partner is definitely a poster child for scorpio! his type is esfj

Last edited:
It really is amazing how accurate it is!

Taurus

I wonder if there's a co-relation with INFJs and earth signs because that seems to be the common element so far (Sheena as Taurus; Jill with Virgo rising, Taurus moon; myself with Capricorn-Virgo-Capricorn; Skarekrow as Taurus)...

Astrologically feminine qualities: Prefers long-term relationships, prefers to stay at home, needs more sleep, methodical, considerate, reliable, kind, stubborn, depends on others, polite, shy, prudish, prefers to be pursued.

Astrologically masculine qualities: Independent, dates a lot, travels a lot, energetic, active, headstrong, talkative, confident, open-minded, rude, sexual, flirtatious, prefers to pursue a mate.

Here is the approximate ranking of signs from most masculine to most feminine: Aries, Sagittarius, Leo, Aquarius, Gemini, Libra, Capricorn, Scorpio, Taurus, Pisces, Cancer, Virgo"

I would say that the Feminine qualities are more INFJ sounding to me as Taurus ranks 3rd from last....go figure.

Here is the difference.

Your MBTI type is based on your own self report. There may be some inaccuracies if you are part of a subculture that so demands particular traits that you lie even to yourself about what you are really like. On the whole, because it is based on self report, it's pretty doggone accurate.

Your astrology sign is based upon your birthday and what stars, planets, etc., were in ascendance on that date of the year thousands of years ago. There are two truths that have to be faced here. The first one is that the astrological sign that is ascendant TODAY on that date is different than back thousands of years ago when the zodiac was first developed. You may recall this made headlines early in 2011.

The second truth is even more bitter: astrological features are the incredibly vague sort that can fit just about anyone, therefore if you are inclined towards belief it will suck you in. This can be demonstrated in several ways, the most obvious is this one:

You can relay an astrological description to an individual, telling them it's theirs, and they will agree it's accurate, when in fact you have deliberately chosen the description of a sign that is NOT theirs.

I usually demonstrate how illegitimate astrology is with the following: If it were accurate, you would be able to guess my star sign based on your knowledge of me. Now I can confirm that the description of an INFJ is very accurate, and describes my CORE self (rather than my personas). So what star sign does that make me?

You see, if both the MBTI and astrology were true, there would be a CORRELATION -- people with similar personalities would be born under the same sign or same group of signs. In reality, you will find INFJ's born in every month of the year.

Astrology is good for laughs. It is a nice party game -- it helps break the ice with strangers. But it is not accurate. The MBTI, on the other hand, has withstood scientific scrutiny of reliability and validity.

^--- lol...

Always wait for that sort of reply in these threads. Very predictable indeed.

^--- lol

Just as it is predictable that true believers will shine on the objections instead of actually replying to them.

^--- lol

Just as it is predictable that true believers will shine on the objections instead of actually replying to them.

^--- lol @ you again for thinking I am a true believer based on what I said above.

I am an INTP Aquarius. Both seem fairly accurate, although in the astrological case this is probably just the Forer effect or a coincidence that my sign aligns so closely to NTP traits. A lot of places say that Aquarians should be extraverts and have less interest in the past, which would really fit an ENTP better than an INTP.

I do not at all believe that fate or personality is determined by the stars. I am however open to the possibility that personality could be influenced by the environment is such that the temperatures, weather conditions, diet, and activities undertaken during different stages of one's early life (including in utero). I would be interested in seeing whether those living in the southern hemisphere had personalities better associated with those signs 6 months apart.

I don't really give astrology much weight...but who knows....maybe we'll find out after we die.

Here is the approximate ranking of signs from most masculine to most feminine: Aries, Sagittarius, Leo, Aquarius, Gemini, Libra, Capricorn, Scorpio, Taurus, Pisces, Cancer, Virgo"

Interesting that the earth signs fall in the latter half (more feminine) of that ranking. ^^

Astrology is good for laughs. It is a nice party game -- it helps break the ice with strangers. But it is not accurate. The MBTI, on the other hand, has withstood scientific scrutiny of reliability and validity.

I have fun with it. It comes in handy when you want to make up characters for a story. ^^

I don't care for astrology that much. It's an interesting system nonetheless. I also don't care for MBTI since I think Socionics holds more reliability.

Sign: Sagittarius
MBTI: INTJ
Socionics: LIE

Interesting that the earth signs fall in the latter half (more feminine) of that ranking. ^^
The Fire and Air triplicities are considered positive/dominant/active/yang/diurnal/masculine, and the Earth/Water triplicities are considered negative/ceptive/dispassive/yin/nocturnal/feminine

I've don't think I've ever met an "earth" or "feminine" sign INFJ in real life. Those whose birth dates I know are Leos, Aries, and Libras.

Thank you for your opinion but I do believe in astrology I find it is very accurate and not everyone can match any sign. because they are all very differerent :)