Aspergers or Neurotypical? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Aspergers or Neurotypical?

I hope so too. It's been a real struggle for me because growing up my family didn't believe in mental disorders or seeing a therapist or psychologist. They've always assumed I'm normal and then asked "what's wrong with you" when I didn't follow specific social protocol when they were probably actually afraid of the answer to their question. I doubt I'll tell my family about it, tbh. It's really more of something to help me understand myself and the outside world better.

I wouldn't be able to tell you what to do or make decisions for you. I will only say that my outside perspective believes if you are diagnosed with anything, you should tell your family.
Then again, I do not know them. :) However you do not speak of them in a negative way that would matter in my opinion. The fact is parents that want to come by and visit even though unwanted. ..care about you.
Anyway as I said I hope that whatever happens you get what YOU need.

Right. It would be more about any medical procedures and treatment that could help. Insurance companies wouldn't be willing to pay out for them without an official diagnosis.

Ah, I see. Then I suppose it's best is to create a cost-benefit analysis. Determine whether the price of getting tested be worth the savings in procedures and treatments.

Ah, I see. Then I suppose it's best is to create a cost-benefit analysis. Determine whether the price of getting tested be worth the savings in procedures and treatments.

Yup. And with gluten..whatever there are not any procedures of any kind anyway. If you are affected you just deal. However it might allow me to call in sick every now and then.
So expensive procedures at this point make no sense in this regard.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 86 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 149 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

poly10a.php

...welp. I'm diagnosed PDD, so I'm not sure how many aspie traits I "should" have. Never really identified myself as on the spectrum, though, even though PDD is technically "on" it.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 93 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 125 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

Not surprising at all.