Aspergers or Neurotypical? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Aspergers or Neurotypical?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Hm, another test which suggests I'm autistic. Maybe if I drink more it'll force my brain into becoming neurotypical.

The others part is non existent. Nope. But If I have sunburn or scabs or zits or anything that is not smooth on my skin will I mess with it? you bet I will. And if I try to fight it, I get agitated and then itchy >_>

I'm the exact same. I'm lucky my body isn't covered in scars because of it.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 72 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 143 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

asp quiz.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for filling out this questionnaire.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 60 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 157 of 200
poly10a.php

My people skills seem a little lean. That's a surprise. :p
[MENTION=12656]Elegant Winter[/MENTION] I have no desire to peel flakes.

Last edited:
I'm the exact same. I'm lucky my body isn't covered in scars because of it.

I have never been diagnosed with Asperger's but I have taken multiple professional tests and had quite a few psychologists suggest it. The thing is, no one can really tell if I had autism from the development stage onward, or if my brain developed into what mimics and autistic person from traumatic situations and the resulting changes in my brain. I do not appear autistic to anyone who knows me and I am very functionable in social manners, in fact I excel. But yet when you get down to the nitty gritty yes or no, test results say different.

And yeah I have a good amount of scars from doing that.

I have never been diagnosed with Asperger's but I have taken multiple professional tests and had quite a few psychologists suggest it. The thing is, no one can really tell if I had autism from the development stage onward, or if my brain developed into what mimics and autistic person from traumatic situations and the resulting changes in my brain. I do not appear autistic to anyone who knows me and I am very functionable in social manners, in fact I excel. But yet when you get down to the nitty gritty yes or no, test results say different.

And yeah I have a good amount of scars from doing that.

That's quite an interesting situation. Have you ever thought of seeking an official diagnosis?

That's quite an interesting situation. Have you ever thought of seeking an official diagnosis?

Yes I have. Up until I moved out of my Dad's house and out of state over a year ago, both my Dad and Mom would almost become offended if I mentioned that I wanted to get tested for it. Part of it is them trying to "protect" me long after they should have stopped and the other part is that I do not think either of them really understand me. I am so vastly different than anyone in my family and also anyone that I know.

I have a psychologist (therapist) who I see once or twice a month and she has recommended the testing although she feels like there is no need for testing to make a diagnosis. I also have what appears to be ADHD but medication for it only causes severe side effects and it does not present as typical ADHD. I think the issue I would run into when it comes to testing is that there may be no "good/right" answer. I don't know if I am ready to sink in that much time / money for possibly creating more questions. But at the same time I am very curious.

Also I have had testing done in the past (I was 12ish?) but that was during a very different time in my life and I know those results are skewed.

Yes I have. Up until I moved out of my Dad's house and out of state over a year ago, both my Dad and Mom would almost become offended if I mentioned that I wanted to get tested for it. Part of it is them trying to "protect" me long after they should have stopped and the other part is that I do not think either of them really understand me. I am so vastly different than anyone in my family and also anyone that I know.

I have a psychologist (therapist) who I see once or twice a month and she has recommended the testing although she feels like there is no need for testing to make a diagnosis. I also have what appears to be ADHD but medication for it only causes severe side effects and it does not present as typical ADHD. I think the issue I would run into when it comes to testing is that there may be no "good/right" answer. I don't know if I am ready to sink in that much time / money for possibly creating more questions. But at the same time I am very curious.

Also I have had testing done in the past (I was 12ish?) but that was during a very different time in my life and I know those results are skewed.

What would be the benefit of being officially diagnosed as such?

Final version 4

Thank you for filling out this questionnaire.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 100 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 114 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

Detailed results suitable for printing (PDF) (The file is only retained for one hour. Download it if you want to keep it.)

So am I broken?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 81 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 139 of 200

poly10a.php

It would seem I'm pretty basic but with some slight communication differences.

4.jpg

Reactions: Rcs6r
What would be the benefit of being officially diagnosed as such?

From what I've read it can mean that services are available to you to help cope with social and sensory issues. Of course this depends on your area, there might not be anything like that for adults where you live. It might also help other people, family or employer understand the difficulties you face(of course this depends on whether you reveal the diagnosis and how receptive people are to it).

From the stuff I've read on places like WrongPlanet, the biggest thing is that it helps make sense of life, helps with understanding that feeling of being different that pervades your life. And so understanding that can led to better coping strategies.

From what I've read it can mean that services are available to you to help cope with social and sensory issues. Of course this depends on your area, there might not be anything like that for adults where you live. It might also help other people, family or employer understand the difficulties you face(of course this depends on whether you reveal the diagnosis and how receptive people are to it).

From the stuff I've read on places like WrongPlanet, the biggest thing is that it helps make sense of life, helps with understanding that feeling of being different that pervades your life. And so understanding that can led to better coping strategies.

One of the reasons I ask is because I was told it would be very expensive to definitely say I am effected by gluten. Where as I know I am, is there any benefit in the medical world for officially being able to say I am.
There doesn't seem to be any other then my being able to request medication that specifically doesn't have gluten in it.

This is why I'm seeking official diagnosis. I had an issue at my job that no one made me aware of that caused me to lose my position because I couldn't ask for accommodations due to not being officially diagnosed with aspergers. Looking back, I wish I would have done it 6 months ago because now I'm 15 hours away from my wedding and in a tight money situation because I couldn't ask for accommodations according to ADA guidelines.

This is why I'm seeking official diagnosis. I had an issue at my job that no one made me aware of that caused me to lose my position because I couldn't ask for accommodations due to not being officially diagnosed with aspergers. Looking back, I wish I would have done it 6 months ago because now I'm 15 hours away from my wedding and in a tight money situation because I couldn't ask for accommodations according to ADA guidelines.

What related accommodations would be considered under the circumstances?

One of the reasons I ask is because I was told it would be very expensive to definitely say I am effected by gluten. Where as I know I am, is there any benefit in the medical world for officially being able to say I am.
There doesn't seem to be any other then my being able to request medication that specifically doesn't have gluten in it.

I think it all comes down to how gluten affects your life. If you feel you've there are enough gluten free foods and you've learned how to cope with it, then I suppose it isn't really worth all the time and money to be sure. On the other hand if being anemic is having a destructive effect on your life, if it's causing anxiety or perhaps disputes with a partner who just can't get enough of gluten products then it might be worth it for you.

You'll always have an intolerance to gluten, but through professional help and gluten intervention (I think I may have butchered the analogy here) it helps to make life easier.

Of course that's all second hand information. I do not have a diagnosis, but have done a lot of research into it.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I've been in a similar situation with regards to loosing a job(though whether it was down to Aspergers or to a combination of an anxiety disorder and aversion to change, I don't know).

Congrats on your wedding, hope you can enjoy the day regardless.

I think it all comes down to how gluten affects your life. If you feel you've there are enough gluten free foods and you've learned how to cope with it, then I suppose it isn't really worth all the time and money to be sure. On the other hand if being anemic is having a destructive effect on your life, if it's causing anxiety or perhaps disputes with a partner who just can't get enough of gluten products then it might be worth it for you.

You'll always have an intolerance to gluten, but through professional help and gluten intervention (I think I may have butchered the analogy here) it helps to make life easier.

Of course that's all second hand information. I do not have a diagnosis, but have done a lot of research into it.

Right. It would be more about any medical procedures and treatment that could help. Insurance companies wouldn't be willing to pay out for them without an official diagnosis.

What related accommodations would be considered under the circumstances?

Basically I am almost completely oblivious when people are offended by something I said if I thought it was polite but it actually wasn't. What I really need is for fellow co-workers to man up akd tell me of they were offended and allow me to fix it instead of immediately reporting me to HR. It's something small, but it would allow me to keep a job.

Basically I am almost completely oblivious when people are offended by something I said if I thought it was polite but it actually wasn't. What I really need is for fellow co-workers to man up akd tell me of they were offended and allow me to fix it instead of immediately reporting me to HR. It's something small, but it would allow me to keep a job.

I understand. However I think that is hoping for a great deal. Not that the idea isnt valid but what you are not accounting for is people. People in general will not change themselves to accommodate another person. Even if they wanted to it would be difficult.
I think a different more likely solution would be to take the diagnosis directly to HR to begin with and work closely with them to address any potential issues like that happening.
I hope you get what you need.

I understand. However I think that is hoping for a great deal. Not that the idea isnt valid but what you are not accounting for is people. People in general will not change themselves to accommodate another person. Even if they wanted to it would be difficult.
I think a different more likely solution would be to take the diagnosis directly to HR to begin with and work closely with them to address any potential issues like that happening.
I hope you get what you need.

I hope so too. It's been a real struggle for me because growing up my family didn't believe in mental disorders or seeing a therapist or psychologist. They've always assumed I'm normal and then asked "what's wrong with you" when I didn't follow specific social protocol when they were probably actually afraid of the answer to their question. I doubt I'll tell my family about it, tbh. It's really more of something to help me understand myself and the outside world better.