Asperger and autoimmune reactions.

SamE

Community Member
May 16, 2010
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't see a Health section so posts this here.

This article I found interesting.

http://www.health-reports.com/autism.html

There is a fatal flaw in vaccines themselves that can lead to autism, autoimmune conditions and other diseases. This is why the MMR vaccine leads to autism even though it has no mercury in it.

What the promoters of vaccination failed to realize is that secretory IgA (an antibody found predominately in saliva and secretions of the gastrointestinal and respiratory tract mucosa) is the initial normal antibody response to all airborne and ingested pathogens. IgA helps protect against viral infection, agglutinate bacteria, neutralize microbial toxins, and decrease attachment of pathogens to mucosal surfaces....

Bypassing this mucosal aspect of the immune system by directly injecting organisms into the body [via vaccines] leads to a corruption in the immune system itself whereby IgA is transmuted into IgE, and/or the B cells are hyper-activated to produce pathologic amounts of self-attacking anti-bodies as well as suppression of cytotoxic T cells.

As a result, the pathogenic viruses or bacteria cannot be eliminated by the immune system and remain in the body, where they cause chronic disease and thus further grow and/or mutate as the individual is exposed to ever more antigens and toxins in the environment....

The mechanism by which the immune system is corrupted can best be realized when you understand that the two poles of the immune system (the cellular and humoral mechanisms) have a reciprocal relationship in that when the activity of one pole is increased, the other must decrease. Thus, when one is stimulated, the other is inhibited. Since vaccines activate the B cells to secrete antibody, the cytotoxic (killer) T cells are subsequently suppressed....

This suppression of the cell mediated response is thus a key factor in the development of cancer and life threatening infections. The organisms continue circulating through the body, adapting to the hostile environment by transforming into other organisms depending on acidity, toxicity and other changes to the internal terrain of the body.

To recap what Dr. Carley says in more simple terms, the viruses or antigens in vaccines bypass the critical first line of defense for the immune system-the components in the linings of the intestines, lungs and saliva. As a consequence, vaccines do not stimulate the immune system in a healthy, effective manner. The side of the immune system that is supposed to kill the viruses and other pathogens, the T cells, is actually suppressed and becomes ineffective so it can't kill them. The B cell side that causes allergic and autoimmune activity becomes over-active. So the immune system becomes seriously compromised, and cannot work like it should. Autoimmune conditions develop where the overactive inflammatory side of the immune system starts attacking cells where pathogens or toxins are hiding. Recent research shows that autism is indeed an autoimmune condition.

There is another factor with vaccines that leads to the development of autism. Dr. Carley explains, The antigens present in the culture media itself [on which the viruses used to make the vaccine are grown] cannot be completely filtered and separated from the organisms cultured thereon [the vaccine's viruses]. Thus, any antibodies formed against antigens from the culture cells themselves (for example myelin basic protein from chick embryos or the 13 vaccines which now contain aborted human fetal cells) can cross-react to form an autoimmune reaction against the myelin basic protein in your myelin sheath, etc.

This autoimmune reaction is crucial in the development of autism. The destruction of the myelin sheath protecting the nerves is one of the primary causative factors for autism.

Molecular mimicry is due to similarity of proteins contained in organisms and mammals. (For example, the measles virus is made up of proteins similar to myelin basic protein; thus, antibodies formed against the measles virus antigens subsequently also cause an auto-antibody attack against myelin basic protein in the myelin sheath due to cross reactivity of these antibodies.)

So not only do vaccines overload the child with toxins. They may start autoimmune responses against the nerve fibers in the brain, exposing and damaging them. This activity alone can cause autism. The myelin sheath continues to grow until about age 10. It is important to stop the attack on it as early as possible, to deal with autism at as young an age as possible, so that the myelin sheath can grow normally and recover from the damage to it.
Discuss the relevance of the article and whether its founded on misinformation or bears a grain of truth?

Reactions: muir
Old news about the vaccines, I'm Asperger's myself and don't believe the vaccine stuff. Also the last half of the page was basically one big advertisement.

OT Humans try to solve all our problems with broad strokes and fail to realize that the chemical balances and the exact pathways and efficiencies from person to person are not constant. There is a norm and most major public health works deal with these as they have the maximum impact for the energy put in. With that said the good in my eyes outweigh the bad that can be incurred and this is a possible outcome for some. But with that said I would rather die being proactive than by inactivity. I give exception to the flu as I have been able to keep myself well through some of the nastiest bouts. That and there so many variant it might as well be a die roll.

[mods]Moved to the Health and Wellness section.[/mods]

Oh there is a space for this oops, thanks for moving this to the appropriate section.

Old news about the vaccines, I'm Asperger's myself and don't believe the vaccine stuff. Also the last half of the page was basically one big advertisement.

I don't know, that's why I started the thread to explore this. What is being said is that irrespective of whether there is mercury in the vaccines the contents may still overload the immune system to create problems for newly developing immunities. I do have my reservations about the efficacy of some vaccines and their safety standards when it comes to the kind of ingredients in them. And the wisdom to have so many early on in our developing lives.

I would certainly question a lot of things especially the logic behind still including thimerosal in vaccines.

The same way with dentistry and the silly idea of having mercury amalgam in peoples mouths until a few years back. If the place I worked at, a mailing center, regarded mercury as a toxic and hazardous substance in 3 of 9 of their broad toxicology of airport infrastructure. Then it certainly surprises me that dentistry put that stuff in peoples mouths and the medical establishments are saying that trace amounts are harmless. When the place I worked at spoke to a different tune.

What about Epigenetics?

As defined in Wikipedia: In biology, epigenetics is the study of changes in phenotype (appearance) or gene expression caused by mechanisms other than changes in the underlying DNA sequence, hence the name epi- (Greek: ep?- over, above) -genetics. These changes may remain through cell divisions for the remainder of the cell's life and may also last for multiple generations. However, there is no change in the underlying DNA sequence of the organism; instead, non-genetic factors cause the organism's genes to behave (or "express themselves") differently.

That article helps establish a few things, websites and information can be manipulated and claims can be exaggerated when people are being irrational. This is very true of politics and government too. It is also true that ordinary people would do just about anything to fit into their story, intelligent design is a perfect example of that. Where religion wanted to create their own version and were in denial of the facts. This is very true of lawyers, statistics and medical records too. Medical facts can be manipulated to just as easily fit into their statistics.

It is surprising that medicine that is meant to be helpful has so many side effects. And confuses me when I hear media reports that new vaccines cause hardships to some people and not to others. 1% they say. But then the same could be said about the way medical establishments learn some facts. They have learned that less than 1% of the population become gluten intolerant. And yet strangely supermarkets in my country find it viable to stock gluten free food. While my mother had to go to 10 Dr's. Then I find it enormously strange that there is a pattern with thyroid disorders and that if a person outside of the range is deemed healthy when clearly the same symptoms persist as a person with a thyroid problem this is true. And what I find stranger still is that there is a connection between all of this you know.

For me this isn't just about asperger. Its about the whole autoimmune conditions that proliferate. More, its about the strange patterns and associations I find when dealing with the slew of mental health issues. I am good at seeing patterns and linking ideas together, my symbol thread can highlight that. You know just because something is said to exist for a 100 years or more makes it good science just like dental amalgams. If a scientific study happens to draw on bad data and thinks its accurate its like a placebo effect. You know there is a fine line between pseudo science, real science and junk science.

Mercury is known to be immunotoxic. Inhalation or swallowing of mercuric chloride or methyl mercury in doses relevant to industrial exposures or intake in food produces the same systemic autoimmune reactions which have been demonstrated after subcutaneous administration in susceptible rat strains (Bernaudin et al 1981). Amalgam, placed in the teeth of mice has the same effect (Hultman et al, 1994).

The autoimmune disease is characterized by antibodies to a variety of proteins, mainly of endothelial origin (Sapin et al, 1981). Also an unspecific IgE induction has been noted (Provoust-Danon et al, 1981). IgE, immunoglobulin E, is typical of allergies. Outbred animals show a more complicated response (Dieter et al, 1983; Robinson et al, 1984). The effects on the immune system are thought to be mediated by interaction between mercury and T-cells, where the helper/suppressor ratio is altered. A genetically determined unspecific activation of immunoglobulin-producing B cells is the result (Pelletier et al, 1985).

Long-term exposure of rats and rabbits to low levels of Hg-vapor caused first a stimulation of the immune response and later a decline with poor protective activity against bacterial antigens (Trachtenberg, 1974). Individual response was noted and also the very long time required for recovery after discontinuation of the exposure. Trachtenberg considers that immunological changes occur significantly earlier than other signs of latent toxic effects.

IgG (also called gammaglobulin) is the most important and the only type that can permeate the placenta from mother to foetus. IgA works in secretion; saliva, phlegm and sweat. IgE works for instance against parasites but is also involved in allergic reactions. There are also antibodies called IgM, which resemble IgG, and the IgD type with unknown function.
What I'm saying is that discussion helps.

I have Asperger's and an autoimmune disorder, systemic lupus, and I had someone try to convince me that all I really needed to do was go completely organic and get rid of heavy metals in my system through chelation, so I don't really know about all this stuff. I think that vaccines can make Asperger's worse, but not necessarily cause it, even though some believe that it can be cure.

Simply put, I think it's more complicated than people like to believe and that, until we know what we really should do, we shouldn't try medical treatments until we really know what we're talking about. Sorry if that's not the point of this, but this is kind of a sore point for me because of what was done to me.

I thought it was a great article SamE

I share your concerns about vaccines. I have worked with people with autism and some of them had other autoimmune problems as well.

There is no doubt in my mind that the rise in autoimmune problems is linked to the pharmaceutical industry

Here is an interesting clip showing the chief of the CDC being interviewed in which she admits that children with an underlying mitochondrial disorder may have an adverse effect to the MMR vaccines.

The application of multiple vaccines at once can cause fever which leads to autism in children with this underlying condition. It is not a rare condition.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh-nkD5LSIg"]YouTube - CDC Chief Admits that Vaccines Trigger Autism[/ame]

A British doctor Dr Wakefield published the findings of a study he did in the 90's warning about the risks of combining vaccines and he was hammered by the press and struck of the medical register....he now practices in the US. Many people in the British public who believe the hate spewed by the press are critical of him, but he put his own career on the line to warn people.

I think that the medicalising of emotional distress which we are seeing in our society is also a massive problem. It does of course mean massive profits for big pharma and may also represent a form of control as drugs are used as a chemical cosh on the population.

People are distressed because there are problems in the world. Instead of solving the problems the government, who are funded by big pharma, allow the medicalisation of peoples distress and they drug them instead of solving the causes of the distress.....it's sickening.....i wish people would wake up to this....people are far too trusting of people in authority. What they fail to take into account is the levels of corruption that exist and the amount of pressure that is often exerted onto people in positions of public trust.

It also seems that many drugs have side effects, some of which are chronic, and these in turn need to be treated with more drugs....which means more money for big pharma.

There is not enough known about all this and people seem more concerned about what they put in their car than what they put into their own bodies or the bodies of their children.

Reactions: Capt Charisma
Actually the one (of very very very few) studies that linked vaccination to autism has been very recently shown to be a complete an utter fraud. Not just bad science, but an out and out fraud.

If you still believe that there is a link after this then... well let's just say I hope you aren't a scientist or work for the government.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40930256/ns/health-mental_health/

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/06/autism.vaccines/index.html
A now-retracted British study that linked autism to childhood vaccines is an "elaborate fraud," according to a medical journal -- a charge the physician behind the study vigorously denies.
The British medical journal BMJ, which published the results of its investigation, concluded Dr. Andrew Wakefield misrepresented or altered the medical histories of all 12 of the patients whose cases formed the basis of the 1998 study -- and that there was "no doubt" Wakefield was responsible. The journalist who wrote the BMJ articles said Thursday he believes Wakefield should face criminal charges.
However, Wakefield said his work has been "grossly distorted." Speaking on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360," he said Wednesday he is the target of "a ruthless, pragmatic attempt to crush any attempt to investigate valid vaccine safety concerns."
The medical publication says the study has done long-lasting damage to public health.
"It's one thing to have a bad study, a study full of error, and for the authors then to admit that they made errors," Fiona Godlee, BMJ's editor-in-chief, told CNN. "But in this case, we have a very different picture of what seems to be a deliberate attempt to create an impression that there was a link by falsifying the data."
Britain stripped Wakefield of his medical license in May.
Meanwhile, the damage to public health continues, fueled by unbalanced media reporting and an ineffective response from government, researchers, journals and the medical profession," BMJ states in an editorial accompanying the work.
Wakefield dismissed Brian Deer, the writer of the British Medical Journal articles, as "a hit man who has been brought in to take me down" by pharmaceutical interests. Deer has signed a disclosure form stating that he has no financial interest in the business.
On CNN's "American Morning" Thursday, Deer did not deny he was paid by the BMJ. "I was commissioned by BMJ to write the piece," he said. "That's what journalists do."
He said he is also paid by the Sunday Times of London, where he has been employed since the early 1980s. "I was being paid as a journalist," he told CNN's Kiran Chetry. "Like you are. You're being paid to do your job."
"The point you have to remember about all this, firstly, it's not me saying this. It's the editors of the BMJ," Deer said. "... Secondly, this material has been published in the United Kingdom in extraordinary detail. If it is true that Andrew Wakefield is not guilty as charged, he has the remedy of bringing a libel action against myself, the Sunday Times of London, against the medical journal here, and he would be the richest man in America."
He said Wakefield's remarks amount to a smear campaign against him, noting that Wakefield has previously sued him and lost.
The autism assignment was a "routine assignment" given to him in 2003, he said, adding that he expected it to be finished in a week or two. However, "when you're a journalist and you see that somebody you're dealing with is lying to you," it must be pursued, he said.
Wakefield, he said, is attempting to "cloud the picture... Some people say he's a liar and he says I'm a liar. What he's basically trying to do is split the difference."
Allegations that he is in collusion with the pharmaceutical industry are "another one of Andrew Wakefield's concoctions," Deer said. "He knows it's not true."
Asked whether he thinks Wakefield should face criminal charges, Deer said, "I personally do." In addition, he said the Department of Homeland Security should take a close look at Wakefield's visa application and how he got into the United States, "how he's been able to export his mischief."
Wendy Fournier, president of the National Autism Association, defended Wakefield in a CNN interview.
"I cannot imagine for a second that Dr. Wakefield would have any reason to falsify data," she said. "He's a man of integrity and honesty and truly wants to find the answers for millions of children who have been affected by autism."
Fournier accused pharmaceutical companies of trying to protect their turf.
"You can't question vaccines without being destroyed," she said. "There's too much money at stake here."
J.B. Handley, the father of an 8-year-old with autism and a co-founder of Generation Rescue -- a group that believes there's a connection between autism and vaccinations -- also questioned the motivation behind the investigation into Wakefield's work.
"Children are given 36 vaccines in the U.S. by the time they reach the age of five," he said. "This is an attempt to whitewash, once and for all, the notion that vaccines cause autism."
The now-discredited paper panicked many parents and led to a sharp drop in the number of children getting the vaccine that prevents measles, mumps and rubella.
Vaccination rates dropped sharply in Britain after its publication, falling as low as 80% by 2004. Measles cases have gone up sharply in the ensuing years.
In the United States, more cases of measles were reported in 2008 than in any other year since 1997, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. More than 90% of those infected had not been vaccinated or their vaccination status was unknown, the CDC reported.
"But perhaps as important as the scare's effect on infectious disease is the energy, emotion and money that have been diverted away from efforts to understand the real causes of autism and how to help children and families who live with it," the BMJ editorial states.
Wakefield has been unable to reproduce his results in the face of criticism, and other researchers have been unable to match them.
Most of his co-authors withdrew their names from the study in 2004 after learning he had had been paid by a law firm that intended to sue vaccine manufacturers -- a serious conflict of interest he failed to disclose.
After years of controversy, the Lancet, the prestigious journal that originally published the research, retracted Wakefield's paper last February.
Actress Jenny McCarthy, founder of Generation Rescue and whose son also has autism, declined to comment on Wednesday's developments, but has previously supported Wakefield.
"It is our most sincere belief that Dr. Wakefield and parents of children with autism around the world are being subjected to a remarkable media campaign engineered by vaccine manufacturers reporting on the retraction," she said after the Lancet retraction.
Deer said Wakefield "chiseled" the data before him, "falsifying medical histories of children and essentially concocting a picture, which was the picture he was contracted to find by lawyers hoping to sue vaccine manufacturers and to create a vaccine scare."
According to BMJ, Wakefield received more than 435,000 pounds ($674,000) from the lawyers.
Godlee, the journal's editor-in-chief, said the study shows that of the 12 cases Wakefield examined in his paper, five showed developmental problems before receiving the MMR vaccine and three never had autism.
"It's always hard to explain fraud and where it affects people to lie in science," Godlee said. "But it does seem a financial motive was underlying this, both in terms of payments by lawyers and through legal aid grants that he received but also through financial schemes that he hoped would benefit him through diagnostic and other tests for autism and MMR-related issues."
But Wakefield told CNN that claims of a link between the MMR vaccine and autism "came from the parents, not me," and that his paper had "nothing to do with the litigation."
"These children were seen on the basis of their clinical symptoms, for their clinical need, and they were seen by expert clinicians and their disease diagnosed by them, not by me," he said.
Dr. Max Wiznitzer, a pediatric neurologist at Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital in Cleveland, said the reporting "represents Wakefield as a person where the ends justified the means." But he said the latest news may have little effect on those families who still blame vaccines for their children's conditions.
"Unfortunately, his core group of supporters is not going to let the facts dissuade their beliefs that MMR causes autism," Wiznitzer said. "They need to be open-minded and examine the information as everybody else."
Wakefield's defenders include David Kirby, a journalist who has written extensively on autism. He told CNN that Wakefield not only has denied falsifying data, he has said he had no way to do so.
"I have known him for a number of years. He does not strike me as a charlatan or a liar," Kirby said. If the BMJ allegations are true, then Wakefield "did a terrible thing" -- but he added, "I personally find it hard to believe that he did that."

So that journal article you cite muir has been call fraudulent.

Long story short take you vaccines. As you may know muir MMR cases spiked with the correlated drop in vaccinations for MMR in England.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
I don't care whether you call his article fraudulent or not....this is how i see it:

He drew public attention to the fact that there is a link between combined vaccines and autism. He said himself that he would give his own children the vaccines but seperately NOT together in one jab.

Listen to the interview by the chief of the CDC, she admits about as openly as she is allowed to admit, that there is a link between combined vaccines and autism.

Have you looked at the vaccines shedule for a newborn baby?

If not please do.....they are literally bombarded.

People home in on particular problems such as autism, but there are a multitude of autoimmune problems which may be linked to pharmaceuticals.

How can these things be proved when the powers that be don't want any links proved? The CDC chief even says in her interview that she has not viewed the details of the high profile case of the child mentioned....how contemptuous is that, that she couldn't even look at it?

Disgusting....but then she's paid to turn a blind eye

If you want to talk about fraud then google the bribes paid to WHO representatives by big pharma to hype up public fears about a flu epidemic in order to boost sales of the flu vaccine

Last edited:
I have seen the child immunizations... It's all in my medical record.

If you read the article I posted you would see WHY his data should be thrown out as fabrication.

The BMJ is not an arm of CDC and if their reviews find fault with results they have the right to pull articles and the very one you speak of was, for fabrication of data.

The fear mongering of the vaccinations has led to reemergence of some of these diseases which can cause harm not only to the individual child, but those around it.

Thats a rapid response from you two. How are you both wanting to make your livings in the future?

Cut the shit. Simply put this is a big deal in the research community so we've read about it. Your insinuations that I'm just a PR speaker is deplorable.

I didn't call you a PR speaker I wanted to make the point to you that you are operating within a scientific culture which is shaped by economic and political forces.

This is a bit of a strange analogy but....have you ever watched any reality TV? You might note how the picture which is built of a person often doesn't fit that described by people who know the person or who have been with them on the programme......that is because the way that reality is edited creates that reality.

If the medical industry wants to paint a certain picture it will, regardless of what the truth is eg tabacco companies medical research denying links to cancer

The BMC is not an arm of the CDC? The US and the UK are in lock step: ideologically, academically, medically, politically, economically, religiously every which way! They are working together at many different levels. Corporations and their influence is GLOBAL not local.

You know full well it is IMPOSSIBLE to vaccinate viruses into extinction. So whats the answer? Pump people full of synthetic drugs or seek to improve the conditions and health of the public?

Because at the moment it seems like the powers that be are opting to pump us all full of synthetic drugs whilst making us work longer hours for less pay and increasing the stress of the public (the media is full of stress inducing stories)....what does stress do....it runs down immune systems!

I do however understand your anger at my comment and will edit the post

Actually the one (of very very very few) studies that linked vaccination to autism has been very recently shown to be a complete an utter fraud. Not just bad science, but an out and out fraud.

10+ years of children dying unnecessarily because of his willingness to lie, mislead, and defraud.

But at least the truth is out - there is no link of causation between MMR vaccines and autism spectrum disorders.

I wonder if he thinks about all the children who died unnecessarily because of his malfeasance and the resulting fear-mongering, finger-pointing, and profits derived from others