Are you attracted to arrogance? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Are you attracted to arrogance?

I have been.. But that's cuz I saw it as a challenge to try and find the 'softer side' of said individual.

A well kept secret: arrogant men get fucked regularly.

A well kept secret: arrogant men get fucked regularly.

As a man, I am glad I am not arrogant. You see, I like to be the -er, not the -ee. :wink:

cheers,
Ian

Arrogance, no. Confidence, yes.

I'm attracted to Alpha males (my husband is one), but only if they are confident enough not to need to be arrogant or cruel in order to get their point across.

^^
This +1

Self-centered people should be banished to the gulags. Witty arrogance is attractive. Confidence is repulsive.

Reactions: Gaze
I have been.. But that's cuz I saw it as a challenge to try and find the 'softer side' of said individual.
+1

I can see why people find arrogance attractive, however I think that arrogance usually signals for a deeper sign of insecurity...lol. I think if someone needed to assert themselves with arrogance, and can't be open about themselves, it would mean they were trying to cover up for something else. But, yes arrogance = sexy hey, you can pick your poison :).

I personally cannot see how arrogance could be attractive but there all kinds of people. I like confidence. I don't like braggarts. If you are a teensy bit of a show off for my benefit then you may get a smile out of me but if it's your habit to make an overbearing display of yourself forget it.

I despise arrogance; probably because I am arrogant as well...there is only so much ego you can deal with aside from your own:m051:

Arrogance repulses me. Although, sometimes people describe me as arrogant, and I can certainly see how they could make that assessment, however, my actions which others perceive as "arrogant" are usually my expressions of things which I am sure of. It must be quite a marked difference to my usual mode of quietly not accepting or rejecting/arguing against most anything in a subject I have not studied. I am simply not qualified to say.

So, arrogance, no, but I appreciate people who know what they are talking about and appreciate tenfold people that I can actively trust for information on any given range of subjects.

Arrogance is a huge turnoff for me. I'm very attracted to humility, and, if anything, I'd probably be more attracted to someone with low self-esteem than to someone with an inflated ego.

Probably something to do with wanting to help people see their own value or something. (If I keep thinking about this, I'm sure I'll find a way to feel bad about it...)

Reactions: aeon and Gaze
Arrogant people can be fun to be around - as long as they don't take themselves too seriously.

People with low self-esteem, likewise can be fun - if they are lighthearted about it.

As for attracted - hmmmm..... I think I prefer people who are not particularly self-conscious, either in a self-inflating, or self-deprecating way.

No, it's a complete turn off for me, both in friends and partners.

I'm not pretending that I'm not like that myself sometimes, because I am, everyone is sometimes, but it's still a part of my nature I don't like and try to avoid/get rid of if at all possible.

+2

No. I've never found arrogance attractive. I agree with everyone who has said that they appreciate confidence, but mostly I'm attracted to modesty. I tend to like shy guys too. =)

Self-centered people should be banished to the gulags. Witty arrogance is attractive. Confidence is repulsive.

I can agree with the witty arrogance I suppose to a degree, but more for the wit than the arrogance. Funny is just awesome...

Yes.
Not false arrogance.
(The kind affected to obscure insecurity.)
The real kind.
True passion for the self.
Abandoning the mind to the isolated nature of human experience.
Honesty is sexy.