Are we antisocial to others? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are we antisocial to others?

I think my life would be far easier if I were more anti-social.

I suspect anti-social behaviour is a kind of defense or self-preservation mechanism.

Have to go, but while the thought is fresh.......is it a proper evaluation to call us antisocial? I guess we do show signs of it to some others....
Nope, you are very wrong on this.

have you ever meet a INFJ, the Fe subtype? Those are naturaly charming in social settings. They have beautiful, melancholic and dreamy eyes, are skilled in manipulating and stir up the emotions of people, and in making themselfs likeable and charming.
They are very optimistic, and almost never bored, and so of course they are a pleasant company. Also they have a natural inclination for humor and stuffs like that, without even trying.

Take for example a ENFJ, who have that all artistic and "prince-like" quality to them, because of their charm and social grace.
Now imagine that charm multiplied like 20 times, and yo get a INFJ the Fe subtype. The Fe subtype of INFJ can have even a more impressive and "prince-like" charisma then your typical ENFJ.
The only difference between them is that the ENFJ is more mature and usualy more smart in a practical way, and also more courageous and assertive.

I didn't meet a INFJ the Fe subtype until recently. I've just read about them in Socionics.
But recently at my work they've hired a guy from Lebanon, a INFJ the Fe subtype. I've got to say, he is quite something.

Yeh, only in the sense of being shy. If someone engages with me I'm all ears. However some people think if you don't participate in small talk that's antisocial! So I guess it depends on expectations.

have you ever meet a INFJ, the Fe subtype? Those are naturaly charming in social settings. They have beautiful, melancholic and dreamy eyes, are skilled in manipulating and stir up the emotions of people, and in making themselfs likeable and charming.
They are very optimistic, and almost never bored, and so of course they are a pleasant company. Also they have a natural inclination for humor and stuffs like that, without even trying.

Take for example a ENFJ, who have that all artistic and "prince-like" quality to them, because of their charm and social grace.
Now imagine that charm multiplied like 20 times, and yo get a INFJ the Fe subtype. The Fe subtype of INFJ can have even a more impressive and "prince-like" charisma then your typical ENFJ.
The only difference between them is that the ENFJ is more mature and usualy more smart in a practical way, and also more courageous and assertive.

I didn't meet a INFJ the Fe subtype until recently. I've just read about them in Socionics.
But recently at my work they've hired a guy from Lebanon, a INFJ the Fe subtype. I've got to say, he is quite something.

Yes, I was wrong, wrong, wrong.

Reactions: Scientia

Yeah that ghandi guy was terribly anti-social...he was upsetting oppressive people all over the place!

Did he give no thought to their feelings? Did he not care how he was disrupting their privileged comforts?

How selfish of him to rock the boat like that!

Not really here to argue, but it isn't uncommon for someone with antisocial personality disorder to come across as very charming.

Not really here to argue, but it isn't uncommon for someone with antisocial personality disorder to come across as very charming.

In Lucy Jnrs system that is called an 'INFJ'

He believes that a large percentage of the human race are INFJ's...do you know why?

Because everyone he doesn't like he calls an INFJ

We're private. Don't know if anti-social would be the right word. Ime i just try to respect other people's boundaries overall and i want that in return most of the time. I'm extremely sensitive to intrusiveness.

In Lucy Jnrs system that is called an 'INFJ'

He believes that a large percentage of the human race are INFJ's...do you know why?

Because everyone he doesn't like he calls an INFJ
Ok, now you are officialy to me the dumbest dumb person I have ever meet. I mean it.

Ok, now you are officialy to me the dumbest dumb person I have ever meet. I mean it.

From you sir, who inverts everything, i shall take that as the highest honour!

Antisocial... Maybe. If I don't like someone or they show me glimpses of who they are and I am less than impressed, I will avoid them. I don't care if they are offended. Life is too short to spend time with "ordinary" people. I look for the sparkly ones. The rest can go elsewhere and I won't give them the time of day.

Nah, being anti social is what I am trying to avoid! I can shut people down if necessary but usually I will have to have been seriously pushed before that occurs or there has to be a crisis of some sort and I have no other choice but to lead.

I am my worst critic and would correct myself if I found myself with anti social tendencies. I think I stand out in that I can't even remember when last I have had to be corrected.

The term anti social isn't a good fit.